Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

lsd

The Oracle
If he does read the caf he has done a fantastic job of winding up his haters here while he sits in Italy scoring for fun and chasing silverware :lol:

DoomSlayer

If he does read the caf he has done a fantastic job of winding up his haters here while he sits in Italy scoring for fun and chasing silverware :lol:
This dickhead has just admitted to not being committed to the club you support since the very beginning of his transfer and this is your response?

lsd

The Oracle
This dickhead has just admitted to not being committed to the club you support since the very beginning of his transfer and this is your response?

He never said that and yes i love that everything he says and does winds up you and all his little haters over and over .

Personally i fail to see how anyone can have so much hate for a guy who doesn't play here anymore especially when he was the least of our problems as evidenced by where hd is and where we are right now

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Fun scoring in Italy? He didn't score in 3 straight matches before scoring vs a poor Genoa side and was the main reason why they lost to Barca B team. In the span of a week he fecked up numerous chances vs Roma, Fiorentina and Barca.
And it's funny how his supporters on here flock into this thread as soon as he scores but when he's shite they're nowhere to be seen.

Member 119614

If anything United fans are too patient with players and managers - we've been carrying deadwood for far too long, they would be absolutely skewered at clubs like Real Madrid or Barcelona.

As far the players you mentioned:
Di Maria: Never really wanted to be here, and used United as a stopgap until PSG's financial restrictions were lifted (FFP)
Falcao: Came to us after a serious knee injury, and wasn't ready. He was poor for Chelsea as well.
Memphis: Just wasn't ready for the jump and has admitted that himself
Smalling: Spent 9 years at United, and had ups and downs. Are you saying that in 4 months at Roma he's shown his true talent?

Come on mate
I don't know if it's deadwood when a lot of these players actually do perform at other clubs before or after their transfer to Utd.
Those guys I mentioned are trusted at other clubs not at Utd. There's something wrong at our club when you see Di Mario being a star for Real and PSG (discounting Argentina, even Messi looks lackluster there), Depay being a star for Lyon, PSV and Holland.
Fair enough on Falcao although he did regain form at Monaco
As for Smalling he was never liked, from what I've read in Rome they love him and it shows on the pitch.
If Di Maria didn't want to be here he shouldn't have signed, it's ridiculous, he is a grown man.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I remember an interview with Andy Cole and he talked about how Brian Kidd spoke to him when he first joined from Newcastle and told him that just scoring 40 goals a season at United would not be enough. He soon realised he had to offer more than just goals and he became a far better all round player.

I think you either have the mentality to handle those demands and that sort of pressure or you don’t. Lukaku does not whereas Cole clearly did.
You couldn't be the main striker for six years under SAF and being a snowflake.

Moby

Dick
This guy talks like he's the second coming of van Basten. Couldn't score sitters from 2 yards out, first touch ended in row z. Absolute thrash footballer who's found his level in one of the worst leagues in the continent and he's billy big bollocks now.

The Firestarter

This guy talks like he's the second coming of van Basten. Couldn't score sitters from 2 yards out, first touch ended in row z. Absolute thrash footballer who's found his level in one of the worst leagues in the continent and he's billy big bollocks now.
C'mon now...

Withnail

I get the impression he's a bit of a fantasist or at the very least re-writes history to suit his current situation or the image he's currently trying to portray.

Some of the stuff he comes out with is ridiculous.

After his move he said he left because he wasn't protected by the club. He claimed that when there were rumours he was leaving the club didn't shut it down, so he got the hump and told them he was leaving.

Real logical that is. Now his story is he decided to leave as soon as he arrived because a higher standard was expected than just getting a goal against West ham. Surprise - you're under more scrutiny at United than Everton.

The Firestarter

I mean he's not that wrong. Serie A is a far cry from the league it used to be. It was the league to watch 20 years ago yet now almost nobody gives a shit about it.
Watch a bit of Romania , Bulgaria, Cyprus leagues to get a glimpse of what 'one of the worst' really means.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Watch a bit of Romania , Bulgaria, Cyprus leagues to get a glimpse of what 'one of the worst' really means.
Out of the top 4 leagues Serie A is easily one of the worst. I'd probably say even Bundesliga at the moment is more popular/better.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He's even worse than Moyes. Why did He even bother? in the words of Karl Pilkington: "It's better to be ugly and look at something good than vice versa" but this guy decides to look at ugly things all the time when He's actually having a better season than us.

Who the feck hurt him?

Dante

Average bang
It seems as though he was putting a brave face on it, but the personal online abuse was affecting his mental health.

I feel sorry for the guy.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
unfortunately in the Messi and Ronaldo era most fans look at stats and determine whose best .

Mario Gomez in this line of thinking is better than Drogba!

Lukaku is a good goal scorer but is huge and fast but cant bully premier league defenders. he also has a laughable first touch and is the definition of a flat track bully.

To me he was Jose's undoing. was never good enough and Jose bought others who weren't good enough too.

He also seems a self conscious and petty person. He is not a winner.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He's not shut up about us since he left :lol:
And yet people ask why others find it comical when he does something shit. Even worse, some defend him. Massive tool.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
His ego's always been off the scale, even as a 21 yo he rage quit at Chelsea because we wouldn't abandon the pursuit of Costa and make him number one. He did the exact same thing he did with you and went to train with Anderlect until he got his move.

I saw this happening a mile off and was delighted when you got him instead of us, even if that meant 18 months of Morata.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
He never said that and yes i love that everything he says and does winds up you and all his little haters over and over .

Personally i fail to see how anyone can have so much hate for a guy who doesn't play here anymore especially when he was the least of our problems as evidenced by where hd is and where we are right now
The same way many of us fail to see why he is still talking about us. As a professional he is expected to keep a higher standard of conduct then average fans. And ya, i disliked him but since he slacking the club who gave him multiple chances, and the way he flirted with other clubs openly, its natural that i hate him.

If he can't handle the expectation of leading line and reviving the worlds largest club, fair play its understandable. But coming up with statements like this even when he seems to be doing well over there, is very small time. Very him. Fans dislike him, that my friend, in all fairness should also be highly understandable. Feck him

mu4c_20le

You're probably just jealous he's getting more attention than you.

Judas

Open to offers
Bit scary he couldn't cope with the pressure of playing for modern Man Utd where our standards have been lowered to a shocking degree. He was simply never cut out for the job, not good enough in any way.

bludsucker

And this is why selling him was a brilliant idea. He was dreaming of leaving the club from the second game onwards. Can’t believe that he still has people defending him and his actions. Snowflake of a player and a very poor professional.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So he’s been thinking about leaving the club, just because an online guy thought that he’s not that good??

Man.. I wish Mane, Firminho, and Salah have this guy mentality.

Kamprad

Just saw highlights from the Inter-Genoa match. What is going on??? Is this the same Lukaku? He made an one touch assist for Gods sake.

Suedesi

I don't know if it's deadwood when a lot of these players actually do perform at other clubs before or after their transfer to Utd.
Those guys I mentioned are trusted at other clubs not at Utd. There's something wrong at our club when you see Di Mario being a star for Real and PSG (discounting Argentina, even Messi looks lackluster there), Depay being a star for Lyon, PSV and Holland.
Fair enough on Falcao although he did regain form at Monaco
As for Smalling he was never liked, from what I've read in Rome they love him and it shows on the pitch.
If Di Maria didn't want to be here he shouldn't have signed, it's ridiculous, he is a grown man.
Not every player can survive the pressure of playing for a big club. The world is filled with footballers who couldn't hack it at Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Bayern Munich etc. Very good players that found and had a career just one level below the very top.

There's plenty of things to chastise United; 'Lukaku not making it here' is not one of them.

littleman

I like that the posts here in general reflect a high standards for our Striker position and the overall sentiment that Lukaku didn't cut it.

We need those same standards for Ole and Martial, not the constant bullshitting the weakshit brigade are serving up every single day.

Lastly, petty or not does not determine quality or being a winner. You know who's one of the pettiest athlete of all time? Michael fking Jordan.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Lukaku is a limited player with poor first touch, but he has always been a top striker/goalscorer for his club and country, and guarantee around 25 goals per season, well except for Man Utd, but he was still top goal scorer for us during his time here.

clarkydaz

I like that the posts here in general reflect a high standards for our Striker position and the overall sentiment that Lukaku didn't cut it.

We need those same standards for Ole and Martial, not the constant bullshitting the weakshit brigade are serving up every single day.

Lastly, petty or not does not determine quality or being a winner. You know who's one of the pettiest athlete of all time? Michael fking Jordan.
Martial has already shown he is better with his back to goal bringing others into play than this lump

littleman

Martial has already shown he is better with his back to goal bringing others into play than this lump
Better is not good enough.

See, the bu bu bullshit brigade comes up to save their little darlings everytime. Give results not words.

mu4c_20le

Even if he is better than our options, I don't miss him. He is extremely clumsy and it's hilarious that he lets such criticisms get to him. If we can get Haaland then we'll forget about him, despite not being a technical wizard himself, at least he seems much more enthusiastic and agile.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

You fail to see why there is so much hate for a guy who talked shit about club and acted like a twat? Always talking about how he wanted to leave, not training in preseason with mysterious ankle injury, 0 fecks given at the club going by how shit he was physically.

I personally find it weird that ManUtd fans hate ManUtd players so much and gets their knickers in twist when ex player who acted like twat to force the move out of club is criticized.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

You love that a guy came here and wanted out after the 2nd game? You think that's acceptable? That's a fecking weird take from a United fan if I ever saw one.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Out of the top 4 leagues Serie A is easily one of the worst. I'd probably say even Bundesliga at the moment is more popular/better.
Much better imo. Way more entertaining and I'd say tactically is getting to level of Seria A maybe even surpasses it with the likes of Marco Rose and Nagelsmann to name a few that coach progressive, expansive football.