Romero, Jones and Rojo left out of the Champions League squad

SATA

Off topic. Apparently Ozil has been left out of the Arsenal europa squad too. 350K per week for doing nothing! So glad of Inter taking Alexis off us

Foxbatt

I feel sorry for Jones. He even got injured in training for England because Smalling kicked him and had to pull out.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Why the feck was Jones offered a new 3 year contract last year?
Why does this club suck so much at times??!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This just shows terrible planning on the clubs part.

Love them or fecking hate them, that’s about £250k a week that can’t even be registered :eek:

SATA

Surprised we've included Grant at the expense of Romero. Surely the latter deserves to be in the squad until January at least.

Unless we're planning on selling/loaning him to a Championship side, which is very much beneath him tbh.
Romero is probably heading to the MLS soon if he can find a club

Surprised we've included Grant at the expense of Romero. Surely the latter deserves to be in the squad until January at least.

Unless we're planning on selling/loaning him to a Championship side, which is very much beneath him tbh.
Can still potentially offload Romero. He could go to a Championship side, and some countries still have transfer windows that are open.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Interest from MLS apparently. He’d obviously be in the squad if he was staying.

laughtersassassin

Phil Jones is the most pathetic player we own. At least Smalling pushed for a loan performed and got his move.

Jones clearly is delighted bro sit around doing nothing and getting paid.

RollieOle

I thought Ole was so-called good at getting rid of deadwoods? Jones has been the greatest deadwood in the team without a doubt.
Ole tells the board who he does not want in the squad, the board then try to negotiate the players exit. Ole has been very good at identifying deadwood.

Enfant terrible

Jones’s testimonial will involve 22 permacrock players being wheeled around a football pitch on hospital trolleys and the ball will be a medicine ball being smashed off various limbs. If I had time I would devise 2 predicted XIs but half of them would probably have played for Manchester United at some point
Please do so

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Jones' contract extension is still one of the most bizarre decisions from Ole.
Don't think Ole had a say in it, seeing as he was still interim manager when the extension was done.

I imagine he probably still doesn't have much of a say. Think Matt Judge has authority on all that stuff.

CG1010

Really happy about Jones and Rojo..this should push them and then later the likes of Lingard et al to seek a move on even with lower salary. Similar to Bale, ultimately there is only a limited period a professional can take this humiliation.

meninred

Atleast it shows these players are redundant and are not part of the future. Maybe it will motivate them to decide to move if there are takers.
The other two players that might need to be offloaded are Mata and or Lingaard.if not mistaken Mata has only one year left.

jackal&hyde

It is good. Their agents can't find them clubs because Woodward decided to pay them too much.

SAFMUTD

Ole tells the board who he does not want in the squad, the board then try to negotiate the players exit. Ole has been very good at identifying deadwood.
The stupidest kid in the class would blindfolded identify the deadwood here. It doesnt require any talent whatsoever.

reelworld

B list players have to be at the club for a certain number of years. Pellistri obviously hasn’t met that as he’s just joined. I can’t remember the exact length. Maybe 2 years or something.
I think the under 21 player has to have been at the club for six months to qualify for automatic eligibility. If they haven’t then they take up a spot.
cheers folks

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Theres other windows that are currently open, MLS and Portugal to name a couple.

I find it astonishing that the club hasn't treated him better however.

Houdini

We are giving money to players for nothing. At the same time we don't have enough money for Sancho. Good job board!

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Phil Jones is the most pathetic player we own. At least Smalling pushed for a loan performed and got his move.

Jones clearly is delighted bro sit around doing nothing and getting paid.
There's absolutely no need for that type of attitude. Do you think Jones likes being perpetually injured?

bsCallout

Oh man, Fosu-Mensa and and injured Tuanzabe in the squad but no Mengi.

Mengi needs a shot.

Edit: Just seen the homegrown quota info. Makes sense now.

dinostar77

Why the feck was Jones offered a new 3 year contract last year?
Why does this club suck so much at times??!
Woodward call, keep his value up by not letting it run down. I know its laughable as i type it.

Ole making statement here to woodward that these players have no future under me? Rojo and Romero would have been gone if Woodward wasnt so greedy. Cant see anyone signing Jones. Does he have an injury that will keep him out till January? That would make sense as to why he was excluded.

roseguy64

Woodward call, keep his value up by not letting it run down. I know its laughable as i type it.

Ole making statement here to woodward that these players have no future under me? Rojo and Romero would have been gone if Woodward wasnt so greedy. Cant see anyone signing Jones. Does he have an injury that will keep him out till January? That would make sense as to why he was excluded.
We couldn't register them even if he wanted to. There's no space.

Highfather_24

We need to remove atleast 10-12 players in the next couple of windows. And we need 3 more incomings(imo). That alone would make sure our wage bill falls substantially, and we will have a low net spend as well.

Ofcourse all this is predicated on us being moderately competent in the market. Which we are far from being.

el3mel

Honestly feel for Romero how his time here is coming to an end in such way. Was a fantastic sub keeper for us and always delivered whenever he played. Ultimately it's the correct time to start moving towards giving Henderson more games as he's a potential long term starter for us.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Honestly feel for Romero how his time here is coming to an end in such way. Was a fantastic sub keeper for us and always delivered whenever he played. Ultimately it's the correct time to start moving towards giving Henderson more games as he's a potential long term starter for us.
Yeah, it's too bad. I like Sergio and think he deserves more respect.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I thought Ole was so-called good at getting rid of deadwoods? Jones has been the greatest deadwood in the team without a doubt.
Smalling, Alexis, CBJ, Darmian, Young, Lukaku, Wilson, Herrera, Valencia have left in the past season and a half.

Rojo, Romero, Jones to follow and Dalot/Pereira are on loan.

He's done a pretty good job!

edcunited1878

This is all slightly pointless.

However, clearly a manager will have less of a say on long term decisions when they are a caretaker manager, than if they a permanent manager.

Smalling was sold this week, and Lukaku last summer when OGS was the permanent manager. Can you not see how that’s different to when he was a caretaker?
And the overall point is this...if you're CEO, you make the final decisions for the greater good of the club, regardless of the manager, because you're supposed to be overseeing everything and how one transaction or move impacts so many other things in the club.

Thinking that extending Jones for 5 years is a good decision.... is moronic. He hasn't even made a PL bench in how many months? He's a complete mystery at the club. Is he sick, a degenerative disease that doesn't allow him to train or play?

tomaldinho1

Yep - it's sadly how Woodward runs the club now. If you think LVG won us the FA cup, had been told by Woodward he was backing him, then found out from his wife he had been sacked it gives you an idea of a) how Woodward operates and b) why it simply doesn't work transporting the cutthroat values from investment banking into a football club.

Romero was almost too loyal, obviously he was getting paid well but I've no doubt he probably thought he'd get a shot at being 1st team keeper given DDG has been pretty average since 2018.

R'hllor

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/man...uld-like-to-thank-ole-rdquo-/view/news/329525

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ester-united-solskjaer-contract-news-16059170

When he was caretaker in one press conf he said (on question about contracts) that he will give his advice on new contracts because he wants to leave good squad to next manager whoever that manager will be.
So can we end this topic finally? Ole gave him contract. That is the truth. Why avoid it? He made a mistake, it happens?
Afro was sold one week or two before Jones contract if i remember correctly, it was praised as Ole knows what Manchester United all about, so he got rid of Mop head. Guess they didnt ask him about that either, not sure whats worse.