Ronald Araújo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oranges038

Watched him a few times and he does look decent.

But I call BS on any link. Liverpool and several others were also linked not that long ago.

Once they manage to get rid of Lenglet or Umtiti and give this guy a new deal. He will stay with Barca and be there for the next 10 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Play few games, get linked with ManUtd, sign good contract.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Watched him a few times and he does look decent.

But I call BS on any link. Liverpool and several others were also linked not that long ago.

Once they manage to get rid of Lenglet or Umtiti and give this guy a new deal. He will stay with Barca and be there for the next 10 years.
Yeah even before then I guess his agent is angling for some of the aguero wages

Ekeke

He's pretty good, theres no reason whatsoever for Barcelona to sell him though. They'd have to pay plenty to replace him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's by far their best defender. I highly rate him.

I see he has a contract 'till 2023. We'd be crazy not to go for him if he's actually available.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
0% chance of this happening; agent bollocks talk. He'd be fantastic but it is not happening.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's by far their best defender. I highly rate him.

I see he has a contract 'till 2023. We'd be crazy not to go for him if he's actually available.
Their only other defender who's even vaguely close to good enough for a top team is Jordi Alba though so you're not saying much.

Tallis

We should take him if he is available. Anything is less than €50m would be a good deal. Him and Varane would be a great partnership and allow us to play high up without worrying about forwards exploring our slow CB. He is also young and spreads out the age profile of our CBs who are in their late twenties.

On the other hand, Barca just spent money to buy Tores and I am not sure why they would sell him.

Nick7

He’s great, there’s literally no way Barcelona sell their best defensive prospect though.

L1nk

feels like using us for a better contract type of situation - as per

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Barca in for Christensen aren't they.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Likely bs but why would our offer be so extreme compared to Barca's 4 million offer ?

flappyjay

Likely bs but why would our offer be so extreme compared to Barca's 4 million offer ?
Barca still have to navigate around their wage bill. Aubameyang had to take a paycut to play for them. We are going to get a few players off the wage bill.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Didn't everyone say this about Varane before he joined? Let's have some hope sometimes.
Since I have been reading the caf going on 20 years now the default position is always that any player worth a damn would prefer to play elsewhere.

pascell

Barca aren't even offering €4m, so we go straight in with €10m? Something doesn't add up, either our negotiating team for contracts haven't learnt their lesson with high salaries, or it's BS.

I'm guessing it'll be Judge handling the contract negotiations, so €10m probably sounds right.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Is he even worth it? Every time I’ve seen him play he’s been pretty average.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he even worth it? Every time I’ve seen him play he’s been pretty average.
I thought he was Barcelona’s best CB? Although that’s not saying too much with the current crop they have, being led by a 36 year old Pique.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I thought he was Barcelona’s best CB? Although that’s not saying too much with the current crop they have, being led by a 36 year old Pique.
Admittedly, I haven't been watching them week in week out. I think I've only seen 1-2 games of theirs in 2022. When I was watching them in 2021, I didn't think he was all that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Absolute nonsense isn't it. Why the hell would we pay him 180k a week - not even sure if it's net or gross. If it's net, it's even more obvious we're being used.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's fantastic. Absolute coup if you can pull it off

The heir to the Uruguayan line of great CBs

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With Barcelona improving under Xavi, not sure young players will be in a rush to improve. We aren't exactly flying high ourselves although of course our pockets are much deeper.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Fast, hard to beat in the 1vs1, very good at the aerial game. I hope he renews. To me personally he seems one of the best cb in the world right now.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Absolute nonsense isn't it. Why the hell would we pay him 180k a week - not even sure if it's net or gross. If it's net, it's even more obvious we're being used.
It’s gross

Korwas

I've only seen him play a few times and it was ages ago but he was very impressive though raw at the time. With proper coaching I feel he has incredible potential.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Barca aren't even offering €4m, so we go straight in with €10m? Something doesn't add up, either our negotiating team for contracts haven't learnt their lesson with high salaries, or it's BS.

I'm guessing it'll be Judge handling the contract negotiations, so €10m probably sounds right.
It would certainly make sense if his contract expired in June 2022, the difference x 5 year contract would be a 30M fee, which is peanuts. Barca are 100% the ones low-balling him and offering him less than that in wages for the better part of his expected career peak. Skint bastards are playing with fire here.

Problem is his contract isn't expiring in June so chances are we are talking those wages + a 30M transfer fee.

We've done far worse deals frankly, but we need the investment elsewhere, not at CB.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Still, I struggle to see how we'd immediately pay him the roughly the same as Bruno/Maguire.
Well if it is true, then it’s because the current circumstance have presented an opportunity to leverage better financial terms. There’s no point going in and matching Barcelona’s offer, that’s not where the risk is to them. It’s a unique situation where he needs to renew but they are skint. Our leverage here is financial.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
A small compilation for those who have not seen anything from Araujo.
In my opinion he should improve with the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think United are looking for a player of this profile for a low price to help with pressing high more effectively. The only reservation I had about him was his ability on the ball. But he's still young enough to improve that side of his game. But as a pure defender both in a low or high compact block, he looks excellent.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A small compilation for those who have not seen anything from Araujo.
In my opinion he should improve with the ball.

Looks like a very front foot defender. Not at all passive like Maguire.

STYLOISRED

Looks like a very front foot defender. Not at all passive like Maguire.
Maguire is not a passive defender which is actually his problem imho. Always going in for the duel without the agility or speed to recover if beaten. Lindelof and Varane are more passive in that they favour to blocking to engaging.

Santos J

Really like him but would be surprised if it's anything other than bollocks before he ends up renewing there.

SATA

We are going to sign him and Akanji and have a brand new CB partnership next season? Our name is being used again i guess :houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.