Ronald Koeman: 'I haven't been impressed by Manchester United this season.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Worst Everton team we have played in a decade IMO, pity that lukaku missed that first chance or it could have been ugly for them IMO

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I am not sure how their best player was but their GK was by far, their worst player. Absolutely dreadful.
In several years, I have never seen a GK play so badly at OT.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that this guy had been given the GK gloves the day before the match and told to learn how to GK, using TV footage of other GKs. I also check his stats and I think in the last 4 games, he has conceded 12 goals. In the last week, he conceded 10.
If Koeman values his job, he needs to use a different GK, otherwise at this rate, they could concede a record amount of goals in a season.

BTW, Koeman was spot on, last year about us not finishing top 4.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I am not sure how their best player was but their GK was by far, their worst player. Absolutely dreadful.
In several years, I have never seen a GK play so badly at OT.
If I didn't know better, I'd say that this guy had been given the GK gloves the day before the match and told to learn how to GK, using TV footage of other GKs. I also check his stats and I think in the last 4 games, he has conceded 12 goals. In the last week, he conceded 10.
If Koeman values his job, he needs to use a different GK, otherwise at this rate, they could concede a record amount of goals in a season.

BTW, Koeman was spot on, last year about us not finishing top 4.
Pickford is a good keeper, he just had a poor game.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Who he then thought it was a good idea to take off.
I was delighted to see that happen, him and the fullback were causing trouble down our left side.

Once he was subbed off they played down our right instead, mainly through Sigurdsson. The big boys Valencia and Fellaini had no problem controlling that side, what did he get, one long shot that was a mile from anything?

Morpheus 7

That Everton side were dirt, so slow. That bitter over grown ginger baby should shut his mouth, getting slapped 4.0 and and still commenting on not being impressed by us. He spend money on bang average players in every position. Nobody has been impressed by Everton since he took over.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That Everton side were dirt, so slow. That bitter over grown ginger baby should shut his mouth, getting slapped 4.0 and and still commenting on not being impressed by us. He spend money on bang average players in every position. Nobody has been impressed by Everton since he took over.
Everton fans included

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Christ, what must he make of his own side if we can knock 4 past them without ever leaving 3rd gear!?

izec

Davies was their best player, good talent. Taking him off instead of Schneiderlin was a mistake. Plus they were far too defensive throughout the whole game. They were happy with the result and thought they could knick it without doing much.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Davies was their best player, good talent. Taking him off instead of Schneiderlin was a mistake. Plus they were far too defensive throughout the whole game. They were happy with the result and thought they could knick it without doing much.
I didn't understand that at all. He was playing fairly well and offering energy and mobility (in a side crying out for it) and Koeman takes him off. Odd choice.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks like Koeman loves having a dig at United (Jose) I wonder if he and Pep are pretty close. Stupid comments after yesterday's game though considering it finished 4-0.

Ibi Dreams

I never really understand the comments about "not deserving" to score that many goals. We scored 4 goals, they let in 4 goals, so how did we not deserve to score 4 goals? It doesn't make any sense at all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Read some comments, didn't seem too worrying. Just small time, talking up having "two" chances here :lol:

It's like he refuses to compute we didn't just have 4 chances and score 4. Imagine if Lukaku had scored that chance 6 yards out with goal gaping, or Mata's post shot had gone in. A few others too.

They've had a joke of a start, Tottenham home and us, City and Chelsea away in 5 games?! That's madness. The team look absolute mediocrity though. He's spent a club record amount, and he'll do well to stand still and come 7th again.

Loads of problems too. What do you go with Rooney? Who can be the main focal striker to replace Lukaku? Barkley hanging about on the bench. Siggy a huge outlay, and not much pace around him outside of two youngsters who are making their breakthroughs.

7th at an absolute maximum

Smoking_Owl

Account closed by request: 23/11/17
I still can't get over how dumb it was to spend ~£50m on Sigurdsson.

Treble

They made several big mistakes in defence by passing the ball to our forwards. Haven't seen a PL team to make so many bad mistakes in one game. How didn't they deserve to concede 4 goals? Had Lukaku scored from that chance in the first half, it could have been more than 4.

tomaldinho1

Pickford is a good keeper, he just had a poor game.
I always wonder how we judge keepers. Is he good?

He conceded 50 goals last season, making 3 errors which led to goals. Compare that to Valdes & Jakupovic (Middlesborough/Hull who both conceded 36 goals with Valdes making 2 errors to Jakupovic's 0) and I wonder is it just because he's a young English GK that he's rated so highly. I know Sunderland were shocking but what makes him different to say Jakupovic, who went to Leicester, who Everton surely could have been in for?

marlowe78

Even after they get through the tough early fixtures, I think they'll still be looking at a lot of 0-0, 1-0, and 1-1 games against inferior teams. How is it a good idea to replace Lukaku with Rooney as your main scorer, except to try and resurrect a washed-up player's career and make United look bad in the process?

Ludens the Red

I don't know why but Everton always seem to have self satisfying managers who aren't nearly half as good as they think they are. I remember Martinez talking up Everton's football then they came to old Trafford two years ago and just kept hoofing the ball to Lukaku. It was so pathetic and I remember thinking this is the worse Everton side we've ever played. Well scratch that, this new one under Koeman is equally pathetic.

I'm not sure why this knob has the audacity to claim to not be impressed by united when his Everton side are stinking the place up. How do you lose a game 4-0, a fourth consecutive drubbing might I add then have the temerity to have a go at another team.

He's trying to play this now popular back three tactic but they don't have players remotely capable of playing it. Playing it requires the ability to be able to counter attack, it requires pace. Especially out wide, Everton have slow wing backs and slow attackers, Koeman is either the dumbest manager in the league or he's trying to get sacked. If he continues along with this tactic it'll happen.

Rooney and Sigurdsson are playing in the same position and although Rooney got better as the game went, if he's going to lead the line for them, they're in big trouble.
But yeah let Koeman carry on with his lack of self awareness and his nonsensical use of trendy tactics and it won't be long before people realise this guys a fraud.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I always wonder how we judge keepers. Is he good?

He conceded 50 goals last season, making 3 errors which led to goals. Compare that to Valdes & Jakupovic (Middlesborough/Hull who both conceded 36 goals with Valdes making 2 errors to Jakupovic's 0) and I wonder is it just because he's a young English GK that he's rated so highly. I know Sunderland were shocking but what makes him different to say Jakupovic, who went to Leicester, who Everton surely could have been in for?
Yeah he is good, he didn't show it yesterday but he has good distribution, and is good technically with hands. He's a superior keeper to both Valdes (the Valdes now) and Jakupovic (who is underrated).
He is a little overrated because of his age and nationality, but he's still a good keeper.

Kapardin

Rooney and Sigurdsson are playing in the same position and although Rooney got better as the game went, if he's going to lead the line for them, they're in big trouble.
But yeah let Koeman carry on with his lack of self awareness and his nonsensical use of trendy tactics and it won't be long before people realise this guys a fraud.
About Rooney, for the first time, I managed to look at him from an opponent's perspective. Felt relieved everytime the ball came to him and he looked too slow to react, when he stopped an Everton counterattack, clumsily gave the ball away, unable to capitalize on good scoring positions which another striker might have, etc. Even for that blocked shot by de Gea, he initially gifted the ball to our defender with his horrendous touch, only the problem was it was given right back to him to take a shot.

Now I know how opponents felt whenever he started for us for the past few years. It was quite an eye-opener.

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Looks like Koeman loves having a dig at United (Jose)
Yes, he's hoping the papers and other media will focus on his comments and not on his teams failings!
It wouldn't surprise me if Everton hadn't been trying to get Rooney's court case heard today, another distraction from the football... trouble for Koeman is these things only hold true for one game, if Everton get battered again 0-4 next week he will be scratching his head!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes, he's hoping the papers and other media will focus on his comments and not on his teams failings!
It wouldn't surprise me if Everton hadn't been trying to get Rooney's court case heard today, another distraction from the football... trouble for Koeman is these things only hold true for one game, if Everton get battered again 0-4 next week he will be scratching his head!
They are at home to Bournemouth. If they can't beat them he will be in serious trouble.

AlwaysRed66

As others have mentioned Everton are quite poor, & I think we made them look better than they are until the last ten minutes when we swept them away. We were also lucky in having a twelfth man in Agent Rooney, who did everything possible to ensure our win & sabotage Everton. I think he may have been discovered though midway through the second half, as Koeman yanked him off.

PieCrust

I didn't like his comparasion of his 8 new signings being afforded a year to acclimate to the premier league and using Mhiki as an example. The pressure and expectations are huge at United every year. And even at a club like Everton, if you sign 8 and spend £140m to do so, there will be expecations that come along and getting into the top6 is not an unreasonable goal for them. You don't necessarily get a full year before results are expected just because you re-vamped the Squad. Quite the opposite really. Sorry (not sorry).

I do agree with him though that United was flattered by the 4-0 scoreline. Everton had every chance to get a result there up until the 84'. But the match doesn't end after 84 minutes.

edgar allan

Any manager who thought it would be a good idea to sign and play Rooney should have the sense to be quiet and suitably embarrassed.

djdhrubs

Looks like Koeman loves having a dig at United (Jose) I wonder if he and Pep are pretty close. Stupid comments after yesterday's game though considering it finished 4-0.
I'm sure he and pep must be close. Barca connections etc.

redflair

It doesn't matter what Koeman says, I'm more interested in his judgement.

And over Mane (at Saints), Rooney and Sigurdsson, he's shown a worrying lack of it.

But ultimately, they're in desperate need of a striker and that's a shocking dereliction of duty if you've let your main man go.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a tomato headed cnut. Pretty sure I've said this somewhere else in this thread and it still stands.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
As others have mentioned Everton are quite poor, & I think we made them look better than they are until the last ten minutes when we swept them away. We were also lucky in having a twelfth man in Agent Rooney, who did everything possible to ensure our win & sabotage Everton. I think he may have been discovered though midway through the second half, as Koeman yanked him off.
:lol:

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
We made them look poor did we? How did they glorious Man City make them look then?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Saw on Reddit that they're in the relegation zone with a squad that cost the same to assemble as Bayern Munichs. Crazy money in the prem.

Mickfoley

Neither was I last season when he said it. Don't give him the attention. Lock this old thread as he hasn't said it yesterday and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.