Ronaldinho takes the michael...

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
What an unusual deformity. No wonder he went down the shitter.

sajeev

Nonsense, Messi's naturally more talented than Ronaldinho, who has never been as good.
:lol::lol::lol:

do you really have no clue or just like making sensational statements for the attention?

PS: the question is rhetorical, don't bother answering

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Won everything too early, if he had Ronaldo's(Cristiano) determination, people wouldn't give a shit about Messi.
Actually if he would've have a determination of any of the top players right now(Xavi, Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta etc) he would have been regarded along the likes of Zidane etc. Such a magical player and an absolute delight to watch.

However this thread will now turn into a Messi vs Ronaldinho thread.

Skywarden

God I can watch that all day. :drool:

He's been doing quite well over there I've heard. Seen a game or two where he doesn't look too out of shape.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
ha ha, NO way Boss!

I know you wanna have Messi's babies but Ronaldinho can do things with a ball that Messi can only dream of.
Based on what?

Just because Messi doesn't do stepovers or circus tricks doesn't mean he's not a wizard of a football as he clearly is.

You can't dribble at top speed and maintain the control Messi has without being supremely gifted.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I was wondering how many posts it would take before the theme of the thread turned into comparisons against Messi. Great stuff, just more of what we all want.

KM

I was wondering how many posts it would take before the theme of the thread turned into comparisons against Messi. Great stuff, just more of what we all want.
Better change the title thread to Ronaldinho vs Messi right now. You know it's gonna happen eventually.

Blair

Is this honestly a pisstake?!

Why is it when a footballer gets older people re write history?

Not at any point was Ronaldinho as good as Lionel Messi.
There's no argument for that one, you're right.

Where you're wrong though is by saying Messi was naturally more talented than Ronaldinho.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Nonsense, Messi's naturally more talented than Ronaldinho, who has never been as good.
:lol:

Ronaldinho is arguably the most talented footballer in the past 20 years and he did it with a weaker Barcelona side. Put the current Messi in the previous Barcelona side and he wouldn't dominate as much as Ronaldinho did.

I'm always right

Based on what?
Based on the truth, can Messi do the things Ronaldinho can with the ball? no. Ronaldinho is the most skillful player I've ever seen, an absolute sensation on the ball, a pure genius. Messi is no tricks but an unbelievable dribbler.

Just because Messi doesn't do stepovers or circus tricks doesn't mean he's not a wizard of a football as he clearly is.
Don't disagree with that, but he doesn't have the same kind of invention and genius as Ronaldinho.

You can't dribble at top speed and maintain the control Messi has without being supremely gifted.
I don't deny that, only Maradona can hold a candle to him when it comes to this. He is the best player in the World, and will no doubt totally eclipse anything Ronaldinho did if he hasn't already. It doesn't make him more naturally gifted though, just more determined than the Brazilian genius.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I'm sure some posters actually care more about working out who is the definitive best player, or making sure everyone else knows that such and such player can't be as good as this one.

It's becoming beyond stupid now, you can't have a thread these days without someone comparing them to Messi or something equally retarded. It's become impossible to just have a normal conversation about a player, or say the OP which actually focuses on one specific piece of skill.

This for me is one of the very worst problems of the football forums, where debate and discussion has taken a back seat to enforcing your opinion, and ridiculing others for not accepting it.

Blair

Thats because his style is very entertaining, at their peak it's always going to be the Argentine in terms of productivity and just being better.
Messi is the benchmark for any supremely gifted footballer, so I dont see what the problem is with people making comparisons, again.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I'm sure some posters actually care more about working out who is the definitive best player, or making sure everyone else knows that such and such player can't be as good as this one.

It's becoming beyond stupid now, you can't have a thread these days without someone comparing them to Messi or something equally retarded. It's become impossible to just have a normal conversation about a player, or say the OP which actually focuses on one specific piece of skill.

This for me is one of the very worst problems of the football forums, where debate and discussion has taken a back seat to enforcing your opinion, and ridiculing others for not accepting it.
Well it's always the same posters who derail the thread into the Player X v Messi argument, so you know what you have to do!

Cina

Ronaldinho was the most glorious player to watch ever in his prime. I remember just turning on the TV to watch Barca games, wondering what he was going to do and how much he was going to take the piss.

Would be regarded as the great player of all time if he'd not gotten fat and turned into a party animal, I think.

And I agree with Hectic, the comparisons are so daft.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I keep giving out warnings but they don't seem to have any effect, and I've spoken to over 7 users personally about this via PM. I'm not sure if it's just me, and whether I'm verreacting to seeing something too many times or if others also feel the same with regards to the comparison wars that have become a hallmark of the football forums.

sajeev

Is this honestly a pisstake?!

Why is it when a footballer gets older people re write history?

Not at any point was Ronaldinho as good as Lionel Messi.
did you just start watching football last year?

and i am disputing the talent part.

and Ronaldinho could do things during a match, which no else has done on such a regular basis.

and i used to be awake at absurd times, just to watch him play. Messi while being more effective, isn't as entertaining

KM

Back to the topic, this goal was :drool: