Ronaldinho takes the michael...

Enigma_87

You know who
Haven't watched much football then? It's not that novel. And at any rate, it was a signature move of a previous barca 10:

That is a good example for a short pass, but how about this one:

fast forward to 1:31

I'm always right

That's a great vid to show that B9 is talking out of his arse.

At his peak Ronaldinho didn't slow the play, he did nearly everything at top speed. B9 is confusing the off peak, slightly larger Ronaldinho with the best player in the world Ronaldinho.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
No, he was noticeably slower than Ronaldo(both)/Messi/Giggs etc.

He was a pacy player, but great pace? Don't think so.
His acceleration wasn't quite as devastating as Messi's, but there wasn't a million miles in it. Neither to be fair could live with Ronaldo's acceleration or sheer pace.

Enigma_87

You know who
Ronaldinho was fecking rapid to be fair.
Exactly. Didn't say he was slow or Berbatov, but he didn't have the pace of the aforementioned. He was rapid, pacy player, but not one of the fastest, as Messi/both Ronaldos/Giggs etc.. He had to rely much more on the natural trickery in his game..

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
Scored 26 goals that season mostly through freekicks and penaltys but something was clearly missing from his game.

In the past he would push play forward but most of the time in 2006/07 he would slow play down and it continued the following season.

It became a real issue for Barca.

There was something that didn't seem right about his health and energy for the game.

Enigma_87

You know who
Scored 26 goals that season mostly through freekicks and penaltys but something was clearly missing from his game.

In the past he would push play forward but most of the time in 2006/07 he would slow play down and it continued the following season.

It became a real issue for Barca.

There was something that didn't seem right about his health and energy for the game.

Here's old and significantly fatter Ronaldinho slowing the game at Milan. Notice how many touches he makes before making the final pass...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That's a great vid to show that B9 is talking out of his arse.

At his peak Ronaldinho didn't slow the play, he did nearly everything at top speed. B9 is confusing the off peak, slightly larger Ronaldinho with the best player in the world Ronaldinho.
No I am not. I am saying that being an intelligent and skilful passer does not rule out the possibility that there can still be negatives to your passing game. In Ronaldinho's came, the weakness came from his primadonna mentality to linger on the ball. Just as it did with Rivaldo.

Ronaldinho was one of the best around when it came to one touch passing and combinations. When he did them. But even at his peak, he was rarely one to get continually involved like this and would be rather secondary to Deco when it came to proper buildup in the final third that wasn't an attempted chance creating pass. He was a phenomenal passer of the ball, but he was also far more of an impact player than actual playmaker. If he wasn't doing that, he wasn't a great asset.

An example, this pass to Guily against Milan:

Was a phenomenally inspired piece of vision from a Ronaldinho at his peak, but I remember the game well and the game largely passed him by apart from this. His passing wasn't otherwise particular quick or incisive in that game the way Deco's was, he intimated to do some tricky and dangerous stuff on several occasions but it didn't really come off.

Ronaldinho at his peak was quite capable of doing things at top speed, he often did. He certainly did not 'do everything at top speed' and would often coast through games and then pop up with a few pieces of game-deciding magic.

It was a weakness to his game even at his peak and he could have been even better if he had had it drilled out of him, since he was brilliant in the quick passing game when he was up for it. Later, it became almost a defining feature of his game.

I don't see the point of trying to make him out to be the perfect player when he wasn't. He was still easily the best player in his prime, for my money's worth better than Zidane was. But he was lazy, played like a primadonna and for all his brilliance on the ball, he wasn't always a good option to pass it to if he wasn't going to do something great with the ball.

Contrast to Zidane who would always make good and intelligent use of the ball when he wasn't attempting the extraordinary. Similarly, Maradona also displayed fabulous economy on the ball.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That is a good example for a short pass, but how about this one:

fast forward to 1:31
Terrific stuff.

What an epic game that was. Messi had the beating of Carlos pretty much everytime, Eto'o was on song, Deco absolutely ran the show in midfield and Ronaldinho outshined them all.

It's a shame that video cuts directly to his goal as the first cameo in the second half. His second half performance overall as I recall it was simply immaculate and pretty much everything he did came off.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Here's old and significantly fatter Ronaldinho slowing the game at Milan. Notice how many touches he makes before making the final pass...
You need to take into account that its boss you're talking about. He pretty much just quotes b9 and then references stats. He forgets to add that most of those "free kicks and penalties" were free kicks right out of the top drawer. He wasn't as his best but he wasn't shite.

Boss

Melodramatic, attention seeking space-attacker
I left you with enough memories to resurrect me wi
You need to take into account that its boss you're talking about. He pretty much just quotes b9 and then references stats. He forgets to add that most of those "free kicks and penalties" were free kicks right out of the top drawer. He wasn't as his best but he wasn't shite.
Who said he was shite? :confused:

Quotes b9? because I didn't watch him that season?

kinnel.