"Ronaldinho was convinced he was joining United" - Mikel Arteta

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta has sensationally revealed how Ronaldinho was convinced while at Paris Saint Germain that he was joining Manchester United.

Arteta said: "In Paris, I was playing behind Ronaldinho and Jay- Jay Okocha so I could hardly help picking up tips about how to go past a player.

"I learned a lot from Ronaldinho. Some of the things he did were incredible.

"I remember going in to training and hearing him say he was joining United. Then Barcelona came in at the last moment and he seemed to prefer the idea of living there.

"That was a big loss for United. He'd have been a sensation in the Premier League, particularly at Old Trafford."

nemanja nemagic

Heard it was something about the climate that put him off. Players who are concerned with irrelevant factors of playing in england, bad weather for example, dont deserve to play in the best league in the world thats all I can say.

I mean look at Julio Baptista. Your loss Ronaldinho.

Salvation

Damnation
Heard it was something about the climate that put him off. Players who are concerned with irrelevant factors of playing in england, bad weather for example, dont deserve to play in the best league in the world thats all I can say.

I mean look at Julio Baptista. Your loss Ronaldinho.
It is a factor, but not of huge relevance

What makes it the best league in the world?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
That was one mighty cock up. If we had paid another 3-4 million more, he would have signed for us even before Barca came in. fecking Kenyon.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would of been an Old Trafford great

As it is was got an Old Trafford great regardless that summer :keano:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
the premiership is quicker so he might have struggled at times we'll never know but anyway we got Ronaldo so no bother :)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think we're the best league. Our results in Europe are improving and because of the finance there are no easy games as we're seeing an increase in the quality of players coming in. Pompy have spent well, Everton have improved, Spurs..:lol:..you'd think will eventually get better, Boro have improved with Tuncay a very decent player, Newcastle have improved etc. It's looking like it'll be a tougher league which MIGHT be a determent to our clubs in Europe or it might inspire them we'll see.

Chapster

Ronaldinho would have been great at Old Trafford.

Would he have been better than Ronaldo? Difficult to say, but I don't think so.
perhaps at the start yes
but ronaldinho was never going to have to physique of ronaldo so ultimately no I reckon

reddevilcanada

perhaps at the start yes
but ronaldinho was never going to have to physique of ronaldo so ultimately no I reckon
Let's wait and see how well Ronaldo turns out for us in the long-run. Ronaldinho has won the league twice along with the CL for Barca in the few years he's been there, not bad if you ask me. Plus he's been the best player in the world in the past few years as well, things Ronaldo has yet to achieve while playing for us. But if his form last season is anything to go by, we probaly won't regret kenyon's feck-up.

reddevilcanada

it doesn't hurt to have one, especially if you're a winger with plenty of tricks that tend to annoy the crap out of opponents
if you've got Ronaldinho's quality, it won't matter if you're built like a rugby player or not.

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
if you've got Ronaldinho's quality, it won't matter if you're built like a rugby player or not.
you can make an argument for both sides, with Ronaldinho's skill... he doesn't need an imposing physical presence OR with Ronaldinho's skill, he would be virtually unstoppable with a physical presence (like Ronaldo's). to each his own