Ronaldo and the looking glass

jackofalltrades

I imagine everyone has seen the images of Ronaldo looking at his bloodstained face in the mobile phone as he left the pitch. Great occasion for the pundits to put their own interpretation on it. Mine is that he was checking how bad the gash was to see if he could continue playing. Others are saying he was worried about his beautiful face.

Any opinions on his ?

binary bot
He was checking to see if the United site had wished Mkhi a happy birthday yet.

Santos J

Checking which club gets more RT's so he can decide where to go after Madrid

Schneckerl

I get that coupled with CR's image it's kinda funny, but when I'm bleeding like a stuck pig I'd like to know what the wound looks like too.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Worried about his face, of course.

The man is vanity personified. Still tough though, when he's not flouncing around.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
At this point he's practically a homage to Morris Day, so even his vanity is tongue-in-cheek.

Bwuk

Checking to see the state of himself.

Don't really think it's an issue tbh.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was comparing number of twitter likes De Bruyne's extension got compared to Sanchez signing.

Pace Abuser

He was doing what any sentient being with a strong survival instinct would do - check the wound and make a prognosis.

MrPooni

He was checking how much Sanchez' purported wages had gone up since the start of the game.

The Firestarter

Checking to see if his face is still there. But, to be honest, he has never pretended to be a tough guy.

padr81

Supports
Man City
"Look at me Badr Hari, I'm as tough as you." read Ronaldo's text to his best friend.

Trizy

He was checking to see if Pogba was an elephant in disguise.

Blind17

Checking if the cut's going to leave a mark, so he could sue the player for monetary loss on his modelling career.

El Zoido

I really don’t see a problem with it. You just want to see what the damage is don’t you? I would do the same.

Mindhunter

By the title, I was expecting a narcissistic poem in the OP. Totally disappointed.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I found the commentators making jokes about his vanity a bit ridiculous actually. There was clearly a nasty cut so he checked it in the mirror as he's going getting cleaned up to see how bad it was, which was fair enough.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
With all that blood around, he was just checking there was no vampire behind him. Vampires don't reflect in mirrors, but they do in digital cameras!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I imagine everyone has seen the images of Ronaldo looking at his bloodstained face in the mobile phone as he left the pitch. Great occasion for the pundits to put their own interpretation on it. Mine is that he was checking how bad the gash was to see if he could continue playing. Others are saying he was worried about his beautiful face.

Any opinions on his ?
Because that’s what other footballers do, right? If only they had some kind of trained medical professionals available to help assess the extent of their injuries, instead of being forced to rely on selfies...

Of course he was being vain. He’s Cristiano Ronaldo ffs. Are you seriously trying to argue he isn’t an incredibly vain person?!

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
Others would do the same thing back in the dressing room, when he's done it while walking off the pitch. The man's got a demigod ego.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Seriously I do not know how anyone can have any doubt that it was because he was checking if that would leave a gross scar on his face

jackofalltrades

Because that’s what other footballers do, right? If only they had some kind of trained medical professionals available to help assess the extent of their injuries, instead of being forced to rely on selfies...

Of course he was being vain. He’s Cristiano Ronaldo ffs. Are you seriously trying to argue he isn’t an incredibly vain person?!
facepalm

jackofalltrades

By the title, I was expecting a narcissistic poem in the OP. Totally disappointed.
He loves himself when he looks in the mirror,
He loves himself out on the wing,
We think it's an infatuation,
He knows it's the real thing.

Just to be going on with:)

nah_it_wont_happen

People will always try to scrutinize everything he does on the pitch and mock any imperfection from him. However, it won't affect him and his life as he has achieved way more than each of these people.

I'm not Ronaldo fan, but I see these mocking and commentators laughing at him because he was checking out his gash as small time and childish.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
People will always try to scrutinize everything he does on the pitch and mock any imperfection from him. However, it won't affect him and his life as he has achieved way more than each of these people.

I'm not Ronaldo fan, but I see these mocking and commentators laughing at him because he was checking out his gash as small time and childish.
:eek: :eek: On the pitch!?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Are people really scrutinizing him for checking a gash? Would none of you do the same?

Weird.

nah_it_wont_happen

:eek: :eek: On the pitch!?
English isn't my first language, so I just checked what the word "gash" mean. It does indeed mean "deep cut".

So, now, I'm confused what you are surprised at! He was checking how deep the cut on his face, wasn't he? That's why I wrote "checking out his gash".

Anyway, I won't be able to reply you in the next 6 hours, it's my last post today.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

Any opinions on his ?
I think he was just checking to see how bad the cut was,which is normal if you see some blood.