• Has won everything
  • A leader
  • Had played under the best managers
Disadvantages
  • No experience
  • No badges
  • Might play himself all the time

Luke1995

The biggest advantage is that nobody would dare to disrespect him. That could create a good dressing room atmosphere.

The biggest problem would be that he is always going to leave for Portugal duty whenever there's a FIFA date. So wouldn't be able to fully focus on the club.

bakalhau

I have actually thought about this several times during his last 3 years playing. As much as I love him though, and I think he is pretty smart reading the game and on a strategic level (case in point, last game against Serbia), I don't see how it would work.

Still, a part of me would love to see it happen. Edit: just for banter

Last edited:

Firstouch20

Knowing Ronaldo's sheer work ethic, he would probably will himself into an elite manager by the end to the season.

Chief123

I honestly don’t understand what fans think when suggesting ideas like this. Have we completely forgotten that football isn’t just about the respect a manager commands from his players. There is a big part of a managers job which is quite important too which is managing and tactics. Ronaldo has absolutely zero evidence of what calibre he has in that aspect.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Let's discuss this

Advantages
  • Is Ronaldo
  • Has won everything
  • A leader
  • Had played under the best managers
Disadvantages
  • No experience
  • No badges
  • Might play himself all the time
That can also be an advantage. He’ll give it his all.

count me in

captaincantona

I like Ronaldo... he is in my top 20 important Utd players of all time...but his chorus of cheerleaders on here make me want to get a Messi tattoo...we might see if he can sort out some of those planning permission issues on the West Bank or maybe he can whip up a soft border solution for brexit just before he takes his fist training session as interim head coach...sure no bother to him.

Needham

Easy to visualize him subbing off players who score instead of playing him in. CR being appointed would be the icing on the post-Fergie managerial chaos cake.

Mindhunter

Not really. He will have Ronaldo's best interests at heart, not the club's. He will play himself for 90 minutes every game.

Snuffkin

whoever comes in will have to be bigger than ronnie-so ronnie it is then

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
People here, and maybe United fans in general, overestimate how good he is right now. He was dreadful today, missing three chances (one of them was an absolute clear chance).

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not really. He will have Ronaldo's best interests at heart, not the club's. He will play himself for 90 minutes every game.
Unless we get Zidane, there aren't many options who'd not play him 90min every game after Sir Alex's comment against Everton.

Redfrog

First act will be to take Maguire capitaincy to give it to himself.
Then he will traumatize the primadonnas we have in the dressing room.
Game plan will be : give me the ball into the box boys.

None of this will be bad things honestly but no, just no. Even our board isn’t that stupid.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At least this would finally settle who would be our penalty taker and freekicks taker.

Status
Not open for further replies.