Ronaldo September Tell-All

Yakuza_devils

This guy is full of shit. Why need to wait until the window is closed to tell it all. He can twist whatever way he wants.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He'll be gone on deadline day. Mendes is working overtime to get him out, all he has to do is take a wage cut.
Pretty much. He probably can't stomach that. I could see a team paying him 200K with no transfer fee and no major agent's fee. At most.

crossy1686

career ending
Pretty much. He probably can't stomach that. I could see a team paying him 200K with no transfer fee and no major agent's fee. At most.
There's a report going around that one of the main reasons he wants out is because he's annoyed at the 25% pay-cut everyone received for not qualifying for the CL, stating that he played to his best and it's not him who should suffer for the others shiteness. So we'll see how dedicated he is to playing CL football to the detriment of his wage.

Banana Republic

The casual dismissal of the fact that his partner lost a baby during childbirth, only a few months ago, is astounding, if not disgraceful.

None of us know, or should even speculate about the trauma and hurt being felt by not only Ronaldo, but more importantly his partner.
This sort of thing is serious stuff and the personal impact can be devastating.
It totally eclipses anything to do with football or Utd.

Ladron de redcafe

This guy is full of shit. Why need to wait until the window is closed to tell it all. He can twist whatever way he wants.
He has to know what narrative he wants to put out there :lol: The scary thing is that this diva and his agent don't realize how transparent this is.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There's a report going around that one of the main reasons he wants out is because he's annoyed at the 25% pay-cut everyone received for not qualifying for the CL, stating that he played to his best and it's not him who should suffer for the others shiteness. So we'll see how dedicated he is to playing CL football to the detriment of his wage.
Yeah, I don't buy that. Sure, he's annoyed and he's the bestest best in the world and did everything by himself to get us to top 4, but he signed that contract. I think this is about playing in the CL while he still can and that goal record he's chasing. I mean his whole career is about scoring the most goals. I hope he gets his wish at zero cost to us.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Wait.. so RR felt that Ronaldo should say it with Maguire in there, to make it an appropriate complain/suggestion? :lol:

That's a fecked up man management. If that story is true.

Jev

To be honest, the tell-all was probably that PR puff piece Duncan Castles did for the Times recently.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Probably figured he'd be safely away from OT when he announced it.

Sadly, he won't be.

Will be interesting to see how he'll spin it now.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Obviously now it will be how he never wanted to leave and that it was all nonsense.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The casual dismissal of the fact that his partner lost a baby during childbirth, only a few months ago, is astounding, if not disgraceful.

None of us know, or should even speculate about the trauma and hurt being felt by not only Ronaldo, but more importantly his partner.

This is the only valid reason that would appease the fans, but the fact that this was not even mentioned by him kind of makes me think that is not the reason. I can see a scenario where Cristiano comes out and says that he loves the club, but the trauma his family suffered due to unfortunate circumstances at Manchester makes it difficult for his family to stay there, as it reminds them of the pain they went through.

If he had made a statement like that, I'm sure most reasonable people would have accepted that, and his exit could have been done without completely damaging his reputation at the club. He didn't do that. He just had his agent shop him around and get rejected around Europe, then fails and comes back to call himself the king as if he didn't try to leave the kingdom every waking second.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Will be an announcement that he has agreed to an Amazon series. Roots 2: The Siuuuuqual about his slavery and valiant attempt to gain his freedom.

Ldn FanBoy

It's so crazy to see fans especially united ones turn against Ronaldo so quickly. He single-handedly helped us last season and lets be honest before his re-arrival we were (still are to an extent with the glazers incharge) a mess. He brought back a glimmer of hope and we were all Suiiiiiiing!! (I get chills even thinking about it)

He's a legend of football not just utd but also Real where he won pretty much everything. Put some RESPECK on his name! This is a generation talent, a born winner, knows what it takes to win! Why should he not complain when he lives and breaths winners mentality?

But nah, some would rather a an unequipped leader like Maguire, mediocre players like McFred et all to just know the 'Utd Way'. Are you serious? Barring Ronaldo and De Gea (who has been questionable for years.) what winners do we actually have? Like Top Top players? We can't even attract top players without being charged the utd inflated price.

People forget what he's done for us and need to stop the bias! You think Keane never rocked the dressing room?

Josh 76

It's so crazy to see fans especially united ones turn against Ronaldo so quickly. He single-handedly helped us last season and lets be honest before his re-arrival we were (still are to an extent with the glazers incharge) a mess. He brought back a glimmer of hope and we were all Suiiiiiiing!! (I get chills even thinking about it)

He's a legend of football not just utd but also Real where he won pretty much everything. Put some RESPECK on his name! This is a generation talent, a born winner, knows what it takes to win! Why should he not complain when he lives and breaths winners mentality?

But nah, some would rather a an unequipped leader like Maguire, mediocre players like McFred et all to just know the 'Utd Way'. Are you serious? Barring Ronaldo and De Gea (who has been questionable for years.) what winners do we actually have? Like Top Top players? We can't even attract top players without being charged the utd inflated price.

People forget what he's done for us and need to stop the bias! You think Keane never rocked the dressing room?
No player is bigger than the club.
Every player has their day. That’s just the way it is. All the greats got stick towards the end of their careers at Utd.
Robson had it
Keane had it
Beckham had it
Giggs had it
Rooney had it

This doesnt mean they are not respected and are still “legends” for Utd.

BackfromtheRed

I really think Ronaldo has tarnished his reputation in a big way this Transfer Window. His wanting to play in the Champions League is understandable at a certain level, but the sheer disdain showed for United - the club where he became a star - has not been a good look. Meanwhile, the club has for the most part kept its dignity pretty well on this.

The longer it has gone on, the less attractive he's made himself look for any potential destination, and aside from any question about his actual abilities these days, I think most clubs just thought "too much trouble".

I suspect he will retire after the World Cup. He must realize the isn't going to play a major role in a CL team again, and he's already indicated that the Premier League isn't enough for him. That shows it is all about "profile" rather than actual sporting competition. After all, here you get to play Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Spurs, all of whom have been winners or runners up in the CL in recent years. No other league offers that.

Tommy79

Put some RESPECK on his name!

(1) Respected is earned, not some given god-damn right because you kick a ball.

(2) Are you serious ? Have you seen the slaughter job on arry for the past 12 months ? Here's an idea, check out his profile page.

(3) Yeah I remember what he did for us, after 2 decent seasons from 5, went on live telly and told the world we were treating him like a "slave" because we wouldn't let him leave for RM with 3 years left on his contract and were only paying the poor little darling 120 grand a week in 08. I also remember the fact he knew since end of April we wouldn't get CL and waited till start of July to whore himself out only to be told, feck off by the top teams in CL. I remember last week him releasing a statement claiming "I will tell all in sept" now no-one wants his ass it's statement number two that will be put out, with his bullshit lies, about loving the fans n club and how he never wanted to leave blah blah blah.

As for Roy, he most likely "rocked it weekly" given the stories of what a wanker he was in a changing room that had be doing the rounds in Ireland since he did a course with the FAI when he was 15, similar to what he did in 02 in Saipan and how he refuse to interact with people while on the course, because he had a dislike of Dubs, it's a Cork thing.

What's that old saying, ah yeah, "two wrongs don't make a right" as there are other names you could easily add like Roy, Rio held the club to ransom after we back his ass over missing the drug test, and then he threatened to go to Chelsea if we didn't give into his wage demands at the time, Rooney, twice, RVP throwing a strop and putting a half ass effort in Moyes time here and admitted that in 2019 due to what he saw as a broken promise by Fergie saying he had no intention of leaving during talks about coming here.

Last edited:

BackfromtheRed

Respect is a two way street. I don't think he's showed respect to the club. And as to whether he "single handedly" helped - well overall the team scored a lot less goals. One can debate why, but his addition to an otherwise very similar team certainly didn't lead to a better result.

Keane, for all his faults, was always urging the team on. Ronaldo seems more concerned about himself and his personal stats. World of difference.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

:lol:

Made my toes curl.

dave2528

You do understand this is a United forum and not a Ronaldo fanboi forum, yes?

He'sRaldo

If there's one thing we as fans recently know how to do it's devalue players who give us significant contributions. The way he's talked about you'd hardly believe he was our top goalscorer last season with quite a few match winning performances.

Sure the man's not perfect. He's old and not as physical as he used to be. But no player is perfect at the end of the day. I'm just fecking tired of all our better players being absolutely hammered and their reputations dragged through the mud before they leave the club in disgrace. I would've though a player of Ronaldo's calibre and history with the club would be less susceptible to that treatment, but apparently not.

Like another poster said, leave the guy alone. If he stays, he'll adapt to ten Hag like he's tried to adapt to most other managers he's played under. And if he leaves, he leaves. He's not the devil incarnate; in fact he's one of our pretty good players. No need for this flogging some are so desperate to give him.

Ladron de redcafe

If there's one thing we as fans recently know how to do it's devalue players who give us significant contributions. The way he's talked about you'd hardly believe he was our top goalscorer last season with quite a few match winning performances.

Sure the man's not perfect. He's old and not as physical as he used to be. But no player is perfect at the end of the day. I'm just fecking tired of all our better players being absolutely hammered and their reputations dragged through the mud before they leave the club in disgrace. I would've though a player of Ronaldo's calibre and history with the club would be less susceptible to that treatment, but apparently not.

Like another poster said, leave the guy alone. If he stays, he'll adapt to ten Hag like he's tried to adapt to most other managers he's played under. And if he leaves, he leaves. He's not the devil, in fact he's one of our better players. No need for this flogging some are so desperate to give him.
Nobody is asking for perfection. We'll settle for him not being dead last in the European top 5 leagues in pressing.u

As for the 2nd bolded bit, :lol: :lol:
Poor Ronaldo. Leave him alone.

He'sRaldo

Nobody is asking for perfection. We'll settle for him not being dead last in the European top 5 leagues in pressing.
Sure, and if he pressed but didn't score goals we'd still hammer him. Even the likes of Haaland who is scoring over a goal a game is still criticized for all round play.

In short, yes us fans tend to ask for perfection.

As for the 2nd bolded bit, :lol: :lol:
Poor Ronaldo. Leave him alone.
More for the sake of the less rabid fans than Ronaldo's sake. Tiring hearing all day everyday how he is Satan in human form.

dave2528

Like another poster said, leave the guy alone. If he stays, he'll adapt to ten Hag like he's tried to adapt to most other managers he's played under. And if he leaves, he leaves. He's not the devil incarnate; in fact he's one of our pretty good players. No need for this flogging some are so desperate to give him.
There's a vital bit of info you Ronaldo United supporters keep leaving out: the club didn't put the player on the market and then start a p.r campaign slagging him off - it was the other way around.

Had he shown up after the summer ready to give his all to the club, there'd be no problem here, outside of the run-of-the-mill wondering if an aging Ronaldo was still up for it. Instead it's turned into a media circus carried out solely by his people. It's an unnecessary distraction and could sow division at a time where we really need to have everyone in the dressing room on the same page.

Not only is Ronaldo disrespecting the club, AGAIN, he's doing it at the worst possibly time, and you want us to coddle him and kiss his arse.

Not happening, mate.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You think Keane never rocked the dressing room?
Not the best example.

Keane was kicked out mercilessly by SAF when his mouth became bigger than his contributions on the pitch.

That's how we used to operate.

That's how we should operate now.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

What does that have to do with this thread, which is about him waiting until after the transfer window shuts to release his "tell all"?

Joel Miller

Ridiculous fanboy take. Before he returned the side had goals coming from everywhere and finished 2nd. He returned, it became the Ronaldo show, everyone had to look for him and the team suffered as a result.

It’s a real shame he’s probably going to have to stay since nobody wants him, probably for the reasons I’ve just stated.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
What does that have to do with this thread, which is about him waiting until after the transfer window shuts to release his "tell all"?
Feck all.

It's a blatant attempt at shaming "haters" for their lack of empathy, etc.

Makes you wonder what the feck goes on in the heads of some of his fans, to be honest. It's creepy as feck. Nothing to do with traditional football fan behaviour, more like something you'd expect from die-hard Michael Jackson fans or something along those lines.

Loon

:lol:
Sky’s resident transfer android thinks Chelsea will submit a last min “take it or leave it” deal tomorrow.

Boondog

It would be hilarious if Ten Hag has better abs than Ronnie's.
Such a thing is not possible. Nobody works his abs like Renaldo. Comparing ten Hag's abs to those of Ronaldo would be like comparing motherless goat ribs to the ample offerings of a raging bull.

No player is bigger than the club.
Every player has their day. That’s just the way it is. All the greats got stick towards the end of their careers at Utd.
Robson had it
Keane had it
Beckham had it
Giggs had it
Rooney had it

This doesnt mean they are not respected and are still “legends” for Utd.
Yes. This. I love Christiano and always will but when a great player's career winds down it is often rocky and ugly, like a Hollywood diva who has had too much plastic surgery and denies it even though she can no longer move her lips. This is where he now finds himself.

I admit that I hope he has to finish here. It is not ideal for EtH if that happens I realize, but there is no striker we could add in the remaining day who is better than Ronaldo. If said Ronaldo is fully bought in to the process and playing hard. In fact I think there is room for him to finish strong here under ten Hag and remind teams he is more than a diva. There is still greatness in him, that ability to score big goals so get onboard and let's go win a top four spot and maybe a shitty cup or two this year. Then he can ride off into the sunset with his sombrero unfurled and perhaps trample a journalist or two beneath the hooves of his mighty steed.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Such a thing is not possible. Nobody works his abs like Renaldo.
That's what I'm saying though. Ronnie spends 23 hours a day doing crunches and then Ten Hag turns up after enjoying a smoked sausage and chips with his family (washed down with several pints), rips his shirt off like Willie from The Simpsons, and just stands there with a ten pack strong enough to bend steel at 1% body fat.

"Heheh, what's wrong fat boy? Heheh."

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Well first of all there are lots of toxic posters/haters/Messi lovers here who would spends hours/days enjoying bashing Ronaldo at anything, so when occasion does arise (that Ronaldo wants to leave), the bashing would be even more intense as expected.

Then of course we have another group of fans who would hate any players expressing their wish to leave the club (same groups of fans who bashed the likes of Rooney, Beckham, De Gea etc), so Ronaldo is probably no difference to them who deserved all the bashing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can't believe he will stay for one more season, tried every club and rejected by everyone. He should have taken massive paycut and joined someone like Sporting, would have been awesome end to his almost perfect career.