Votes: 824 52.3%
  • No

Votes: 753 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
Are teams wanting to build themselves around a 37 year old because that’s what they will have to do. Will be interesting to see where he goes. The Chelsea links seems like it’s from the owner rather than Tuchel.
I doubt anyone will want to build around him, he's probably self aware to know this. He's probably looking for a team that's ready to compete for top silverware and he can play in half their league games and all their CL games. That would probably suit everyone involved.

foolsgold

If he doesn't want to be here, we're not going to stand in his way.

We owe each other nothing, let's part as friends, we save 400k a week, he get's to chase his champions league dreams. It's best all round

TheGame

I doubt anyone will want to build around him, he's probably self aware to know this. He's probably looking for a team that's ready to compete for top silverware and he can play in half their league games and all their CL games. That would probably suit everyone involved.
He may not be looking for that but for him to get into a top team, they will need to adjust their playing style to play to his strengths. Not sure how many top teams would like to do that but I'm sure there will be someone.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
The club should just stand their ground. Harry Kane also tried a contract rebellion but got nowhere after Daniel Levy adamantly refused to talk to City.

Mickson

Oh it would be absolutely brilliant if United just put him in the stands until his contract runs out. It would be fantastic to see how the crybaby would react to not getting any more records. A part of me wants it to happen.

sugar_kane

Rather than acting like we’re holding him hostage he should be grateful that we were stupid enough to pay him £500k a week at 36/37 years old.

I think we’re stuck with him because the tops clubs will be too savvy to let him come in and disrupt their dressing room / on pitch performances while the mid tier clubs who might be more grateful to have him eg. Napoli won’t be able to afford him.

One potential resolution I see here is him going out on loan with us paying half his wages or similar. Honestly if that was our only option we should take it.

cyberman

Not many players could leave you the first time citing looking for a new challenge then leave the second time because he isn’t up for the challenge and you aren’t challenging for major titles.

glasgow 21

Rather than acting like we’re holding him hostage he should be grateful that we were stupid enough to pay him £500k a week at 36/37 years old.

I think we’re stuck with him because the tops clubs will be too savvy to let him come in and disrupt their dressing room / on pitch performances while the mid tier clubs who might be more grateful to have him eg. Napoli won’t be able to afford him.

One potential resolution I see here is him going out on loan with us paying half his wages or similar. Honestly if that was our only option we should take it.
Oh it would be absolutely brilliant if United just put him in the stands until his contract runs out. It would be fantastic to see how the crybaby would react to not getting any more records. A part of me wants it to happen.
correct put him a booth outside old trafford on match days for selfies. or one of those "hit the target and it dunks him in a tub of water" games. I'd pay for the privilege.

saik

Thread title and the poll are a bit confusing. The title is basically asking if we want him to stay or not whereas the poll is asking if we think he stays or not. Anyone else read it in the same way or just me ? :confused:

I voted no based on me wanting him to just leave.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I've always felt these second comings are a disaster half the time. First Pogba and now Ronaldo, all in one summer. And Lukaku down at Chelsea.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
It won't. He'll have takers. But even if he doesn't he knows United fans are his ultimate cult and will always worship him.
Who will take him? It would take a manager of Ole level of weakness and cluelessness to role over to commercial considerations at the cost of success and probably his job. I can't believe someone as hard nosed as Tuchel would fall for that.

Smudgers

Get him out the place , thinks himself bigger than the club don’t need him , £500,000 a week and not happy , can’t be arsed about the club to stay and try and rebuild, good riddance Ronny

RashyGiggsy

I wasn't a fan of Ronaldo coming back to United after leaving. All the Ronaldo love has never made sense to me. I have seen him as much as a traitor to United, having left as he was entering his prime and wanting to return when he has exited it. United need to look towards the future and build a future under Ten Haag and stop dreaming of the past. Let Ronaldo go and get on with life, and play football with young men who want to be there.

DeGea’sFeet

I want him to go but the real reason isn’t even some small step back for future growth, letting ETH buy a striker now etc its actually because I want him to spill the beans on how mentally fragile, weak, entitled, and disruptive some of our players are.

His already said things along the lines, but once he’s gone people will ask him about the difference at United during his and first and second spell. I’d love to hear it when the greatest player of all times puts the most entitled players of all time in their place.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Another big issue was his tendency to throw strops when he was brought off. None of that can be good for anyone.

Poster at the top nailed it, a couple of hat tricks and a couple of other goals at the end of the season have completely skewed people’s perception of his season overall, which wasn’t particularly good. .....
NAH. Its pure bollocks. The notion that one player, a forward made the team worse is just too idiotic for words. Its the same dumb argument people made about him at Juventus. Yet he left and they last season ACTUALLY got WORSE!

Its fairly obvious to anyone with sense that most of the incumbents in the side downed their tools when the coaching staff tried to implement a more offensive strategy at the start of the season, with the vast majority of them not bothering to help out defensively let alone follow any tactical instructions. Rashford, Bruno, Martial being prime examples. Not to mention the likes of Maguire, Bruno and Shaw having shocking dips in form. That is why tue tram fell apart.

To try and blame it on a newbie 37 year old , who was forced to carry most of them all season, even when he should have been having breathers but couldn't, because they just were not bothered is ashaming. He did what he was BOUGHT to do. Score goals. Especially important ones and winners. The team got worse strictly because most of the rest started the season not giving a shit and by the time a Ragnick took over that habit was too set in stone to reverse gear for most of them.

Last edited:

Joel Miller

NAH. Its pure bollocks. The notion that one player, a forward made the team worse is just too idiotic for words. Its the same dumb argument people made about him at Juventus. Yet he left and they last season ACTUALLY got WORSE!

Its fairly obvious to anyone with sense that most of the incumbents in the side downed their tools when the coaching staff tried to implement a more offensive strategy at the start of the season, with the vast majority of them not bothering to help out defensively let alone follow any tactical instructions. Rashford, Bruno, Martial being prime examples. Not to mention the likes of Maguire, Bruno and Shaw having shocking dips in form. That is why tue tram fell apart.

To try and blame it on a newbie 37 year old , who was forced to carry most of them all season, even when he should have been having breathers but couldn't, because they just were not bothered is ashaming. He did what he was BOUGHT to do. Score goals. Especially important ones and winners. The team got worse strictly because most of the rest started the season not giving a shit and by the time a Rangnick took over that habit was too set in stone to reverse gear for most of them.
You mean idiots like Buffon?

I think it’s time you took your Ronaldo specs off and looked at things with a little bit more logic. “Forced to carry them”, I mean there are serious levels of delusion here. Is it any wonder the likes of Dybala and Fernandes saw their form nose dive the minute each team had to reshape and adapt for the Ronaldo show? Well it’s not really if we look at things logically. That’s before you get to his general attitude and demeanour at times which as I said before, can only be toxic for other players, especially younger ones.

So yes, with a team geared up to feed Ronaldo again and again, it was always going to make the side more one dimensional, and that was never more apparent during that dreadful spell of form where he struggled to do anything right, and when the one guy you’re trying to feed has no form that will only end in disaster. That’s more or less where the chance for any silverware or top 4 ended, and a late glut of goals with nothing to play for isn’t going to change that. Remember United are the priority here, not Ronaldo, well not to anyone who isn’t simply here for the player, of which many clearly are.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I want Ronaldo to stay because ...... well its Ronaldo.
I would also love to see him going to Chelsea because Im sure it would really mess up their squad and season.
Am I losing the plot ???

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I keep things pretty simple.

It's not up to supporters whether players come or go. That's between the manager and the player.

If he stays...fine. Younger players can still learn something and clearly he can still contribute something.

If he goes...fine. The team will replace him and someone else will score goals. No huge loss, but how he goes may shape my view on him.

I support the team and the club not an individual player.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I actually think we’re at a situation where he HAS to leave if we’re to have any chance of a good season. He’s such a huge personality/prima donna the worst possible scenario is him hanging around, against his will.
Definitely, it will be an absolute circus surrounding him all season if he stays, especially if results aren't positive.

Loon

:lol:
I just don’t want it to mess with ten Hag’s preparations or what he’s trying to achieve without this bloody nonsense going on. Just as we get rid of one circus…

genardk

Supports
Juventus

To try and blame it on a newbie 37 year old , who was forced to carry most of them all season, even when he should have been having breathers but couldn't, because they just were not bothered is ashaming. He did what he was BOUGHT to do. Score goals. Especially important ones and winners. The team got worse strictly because most of the rest started the season not giving a shit and by the time a Rangnick took over that habit was too set in stone to reverse gear for most of them.
Not true, Juve finished at the same place in Serie A, that's despite of not replacing him as he left in the last second after the season start leaving no chance to Juve to replace him, very unprofessional.. Not only that, we had to deal with tons of injuries and lost Chiesa to injury as well in our already limited forward rotation..

Godfather

I actually think we’re at a situation where he HAS to leave if we’re to have any chance of a good season. He’s such a huge personality/prima donna the worst possible scenario is him hanging around, against his will.
I still think that him leaving without getting a replacement in would be a bit worse. It's a close call though. Much would depend on how much of a crybaby he is with 37.... a big one is my guess.

You mean idiots like Buffon?
Yes. Every single one who ascribes to that idiocy. As stated earlier he was replaced this season be younger and robust forwards at Juve. Juve was worse. Thanks disease of still being god awful on midfield most of the season.

I think it’s time you took your Ronaldo specs off and looked at things with a little bit more logic.
The irony of you talking of logic whilst make a baseless accusation of mw having CR7 specs. You need to stop being an ostrich and scape goating the player for the failings of an entire squad.

“Forced to carry them”, I mean there are serious levels of delusion here.
Quite. You are oozing it from every pore

Is it any wonder the likes of Dybala and Fernandes saw their form nose dive the minute each team had to reshape and adapt for the Ronaldo show?
More fallacious nonsense. CR7 does not operate in the spaces neither Bruno Fernandes nor Dybala like to occupy. To try and pin their personal drops form on him is laughable. Even worse in Bruno's case since he plays with CR7 with Portugal and ONLY started having form issues at the EUROs with him in the side. But don't let facts get in the way of your scape coating agenda.

Well it’s not really if we look at things logically. That’s before you get to his general attitude and demeanour at times which as I said before, can only be toxic for other players, especially younger ones.
I love how you keep appealing to logic whilst taking fantasticaly leaps with reality. I mean claiming 'his general attitude and demeanour at times which as I said before, can only be toxic for other players, especially younger ones" yet the likes of Elanga have been openly talking to the public about how CR7 has been excellent with them as an example, mentor and role model. Its incredible really...

So yes, with a team geared up to feed Ronaldo again and again, it was always going to make the side more one dimensional, and that was never more apparent during that dreadful spell of form where he struggled to do anything right, and when the one guy you’re trying to feed has no form that will only end in disaster.
Its hard to take anyone serious who trots out this nonsense. The likes of Rashford and Shaw, starters on the left were in garbage form. The starting 10 was in garbage form. Sancho who was bought to sort the right wing issue could get on the team. Wan bissaka the starting rb was in garbage form too. Only greenwood when available had any form. In center midfield only mc- Fred was alive! Van de beek was never used, whilst Pogba was rarely fit. But some how in the minds of the likes of you, "it was supplying CR7" that made them all so awful. A player who was forced to play all the time as the starting striker because his challengers Martial downed tools and wanted out and Cavani was never fit. To the extent when he was out United were better of playing with no striker than calling on those avaible aside from him or Cavani. But some how its all HIS fault

And you dare talk of logic....

Last edited:

glazed

I don't understand how you can know so little about football after posting for 20 years. It's actually quite an accomplishment.

Not true, Juve finished at the same place in Serie A, that's despite of not replacing him as he left in the last second after the season start leaving no chance to Juve to replace him, very unprofessional.. Not only that, we had to deal with tons of injuries and lost Chiesa to injury as well in our already limited forward rotation..
Couldn't replace him? We are being told he was the SOLE reason they were poor! So not replacing him can't suddenly be the excuse for things not changing. I can buy the injuries. But "not replacing him" come on......Juve's chief problems all started and ended with their problem midfield. Injuries aside. Same thing the year before. CR7 just like with United this year is a convenient scape goat.

I'm finding it truly arsinine that people in here are looking for a convenient scape goat in CR7 for how our season turned out last year. When most of our dressing room openly shirked their duty to the team and the fans with their efforts and performances. Its embarassing to read people dare to paint CR7 as a kind of unprofessional, primadonna dressing room cancer. A thing that has been provably untrue his ENTIRE career. Just because his frustration with how it all went down last season has boiled over and he in suprisingly thinks he wants out.

I even ca n'tsee what the entire fuss is about. Because we have ETH as our manager we can't lose whether CR7 stays or goes. ETH knows exactly what he wants and knows exactly how to make it work with or without CR7. The whole story is typical silly season at its worst.

genardk

Supports
Juventus
Couldn't replace him? We are being told he was the SOLE reason they were poor! So not replacing him can't suddenly be the excuse for things not changing. I can buy the injuries. But "not replacing him" come on......Juve's chief problems all started and ended with their problem midfield. Injuries aside. Same thing the year before. CR7 just like with United this year is a convenient scape goat.
what are you talking about? It is the same thing as starting the season without the guy who has been your main forward for 3 years and not replacing him, had to rely on "Morata "the magnificient". If we had Vlahovic from the start, we would easily finish at a better position in Serie A. We still did ok considering Chiesa injury and Dybala missing tons of games as well due to injury.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm finding it truly arsinine that people in here are looking for a convenient scape goat in CR7 for how our season turned out last year. When most of our dressing room openly shirked their duty to the team and the fans with their efforts and performances. Its embarassing to read people dare to paint CR7 as a kind of unprofessional, primadonna dressing room cancer. A thing that has been provably untrue his ENTIRE career. Just because his frustration with how it all went down last season has boiled over and he in suprisingly thinks he wants out.

I even ca n'tsee what the entire fuss is about. Because we have ETH as our manager we can't lose whether CR7 stays or goes. ETH knows exactly what he wants and knows exactly how to make it work with or without CR7. The whole story is typical silly season at its worst.
I'm with you Chief. Truly bizarre.

glazed

I'm finding it truly arsinine that people in here are looking for a convenient scape goat in CR7 for how our season turned out last year. When most of our dressing room openly shirked their duty to the team and the fans with their efforts and performances.
It's not that complicated. The shape of Ole's team collapsed after CR7 turned up. You could just about argue that wasn't down to him, although when Carrick dropped him and won it was pretty clear to most that he was part of the problem.

Then we switched to high press with a forward who refuses to press. And it was absolutely obvious he couldn't ever fit in. And yes others are also unsuitable. That doesn't change anything.

Joel Miller

Yes. Every single one who ascribes to that idiocy. As stated earlier he was replaced this season be younger and robust forwards at Juve. Juve was worse. Thanks disease of still being god awful on midfield most of the season.

The irony of you talking of logic whilst make a baseless accusation of mw having CR7 specs. You need to stop being an ostrich and scape goating the player for the failings of an entire squad.

Quite. You are oozing it from every pore

More fallacious nonsense. CR7 does not operate in the spaces neither Bruno Fernandes nor Dybala like to occupy. To try and pin their personal drops form on him is laughable. Even worse in Bruno's case since he plays with CR7 with Portugal and ONLY started having form issues at the EUROs with him in the side. But don't let facts get in the way of your scape coating agenda.

I love how you keep appealing to logic whilst taking fantasticaly leaps with reality. I mean claiming 'his general attitude and demeanour at times which as I said before, can only be toxic for other players, especially younger ones" yet the likes of Elanga have been openly talking to the public about how CR7 has been excellent with them as an example, mentor and role model. Its incredible really...

Its hard to takeanyobe serious who trots out this nonsense. The likes of Rashford and Shaw, starters on the left were in garbage form. The starting 10 was in garbage form. Sancho who was bought to sort the right wing issue could get on the team. Wan bissaka the starting rb was in garbage form too. Only greenwood when available had any form. In center midfield only mc- Fred was alive! Van de beek was never used, whilst Pogba was rarely fit But some how in the minds of the likes of you, "it was supplying CR7" that made them all so awful. A player who was forced to play all the time as the starting striker because his challengers Martial downed tools and wanted out and Cavani was never fit. To the extent when he was out United were better of playing with no striker than calling on those avaible aside from him or Cavani. But some how its all HIS fault

And you dare talk of logic....
Baseless? My whole point is based off the evidence of how two sides faired before he came in to be the focal point, that’s not baseless, it’s built on tangible evidence. And you dare talk of “idiocy”…….

By the way Elanga isn’t going to say anything else to the press is he? But given everyone can see his demeanour on the park and players with their own eyes and players wilt before him, I’m not sure how it’s a “fantastic leap of reality”. The true realty is you’re far too emotionally invested in Ronaldo, he is your priority and you cannot cope with the fact that your man has posed problems for the club. It dripping off your every post which is ironic given the condescending nature of palpable hypocrisy displayed within them.

But I’m sure myself, Buffon and various others should bow to your superior knowledge seeing as you’ve obviously got a deeper understanding than the rest. Just keep ignoring the sides form prior to his arrival, last thing you want to do is to have the courage to address that. Your overly simplistic view that his exit should mean Juve snapping their fingers with players like Dyabala instantly finding form again is just as nonsensical.

Last edited:

tariqo

Supports
barcelona
The way he treated our club is something beyond ridiculous… he spits on our faces in 2009 & he he doing it again

He just used us knowing there is unfortunately no of fanboys will keep defending him no matter what ‍♂
He dragged us to 6th on the table after being second a year earlier

he is a problem & always wanna be the centre of attention….. never been a legend of our club before & absolutely will never be now

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Hope he moves abroad if he leaves. Don't want him to play for another PL club.

Fletchageddon

Blame all our problems you wanted on Ronaldo. Facts remained we have only managed 1 win in 11 games without Ronaldo playing/starting last season.
The team will be noticeably better this coming season and the season before he arrived. You need Ronaldo stans need to realise the negative impact he has had on our dressing room and team. He's overall not worth the 18 good he contributed because he takes so much away in other aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.