Ronaldo: United did nothing to win | Read full quotes

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm glad his wonderful goal won't be the talk of the game anymore. The bitter loser should keep seathing while thinking about that.

slyadams

No issue with a player being positive towards his current club.

Patrick08

Just like Tottenham juventus game reversed.

We had a working plan B, which gives better results than plan A unfortunately.

SolidSnake007

He's a proper scumbag when he doesn't get his way... so childish and petulant he'd throw anyone under the bus!

I hope this stops the fawning over him on here for good. Messi is twice the player and person and doesn't get half the fawning on here!

Last edited by a moderator:

SolidSnake007

He also went on about how Juventus gifted us the win and we did nothing at all to deserve it.

This guy just couldn't take an L with decency even against his former team and had to show his true colors because his ego couldn't take it.

He loves pretending that he's this respectful guy toward us but this game aole when things don't go his way, he showed what he's really about. The abs flexing, the sore loser comments etc.
Exactly.

His mask slipped to reveal his true colours. This happens when he doesn't get his way, he's so fake his PR team have created this respectful guy but he isn't classy at all.

All THAT money and trophies/awards and he can't take his team losing!? how smalltime is that? He wants everything his way.. and if he doesn't get it we see this anger/petulance/childish behaviour that shows the real Cristiano Ronaldo - and why he is so hated by the masses who see through the faux image his PR team portrays. You see a person's true self when emotions are raw.

BigRon1985

Typical sore loser! If they’d taken their chances they would have beaten us comfortably - terrible finishing! His goal celebration was pathetic and embarrassing too :annoyed:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I don't disagree, Juve could and should have taken the game far away from us long before Mata's goal. If Ronaldo had been aiming a bitter barb at us he could have said we were shit and lucky but he specifically said luck doesn't come into it. I think he sounds far more angry at himself and his own team than with us and our luck.

I understand that when taken literally 'United did nothing to win' is factually inaccurate in that us with two goals + them with one = a win for us, but from his perspective I fully understand why he sees last night not as a game that was taken from them but as a game they actively threw away themselves.

SolidSnake007

He kinda tarnished his legacy with us last night I felt. Between the celebration, trying to pressure the refs into decisions and the post game interview, That isn't something a club legend should be doing against you.
Yup.

Big Pete did it when he celebrated wildly for City against us.. so why shouldn't this fecker who not only celebrated wildly but also did this disrespectful post game interview!?

He will always be known for his time at Real Madrid legend anyway. We was just a stepping stone. feck him ! glad when he retires so football can go back to being a TEAM sport!

He has so much money, so many trophies/awards, probably the best football career ever.. yet he has no class and decency to accept he can't get his own way ALL the time so gets angry and starts lashing out.. that's the true Cristiano Ronaldo and why he's so hated :mad:

A legend is about personality and carrying yourself well, and how people remember you as a person, not just a footballer.. he will always divide people ala Donald J Trump who doesn't get the credit he deserves as president for his work as his personality and comments people don't like.. it is why Obama will be more fondly remembered even though he wasn't as successful with action. And why Messi will always be the best for football fans.

Last edited:

stevoc

He's just gutted that he opened his CL account for Juve against his old club with a wonder strike but still lost to an Ashley Young in swinger own goal.

GBBQ

No issue with a player being positive towards his current club.
Shouldn't be at the expense of a club that helped make him. United played a classic CL away game, a bit smash and grab for sure but it was hardly a park the bus performance from United either. We were positive and pressed high, Martial was particularly impressive and in the end we had impact subs that turned the game.

The celebration, the moan afterwards, the years of using us as leverage for contracts just prove, he might be arguably one of the greatest to ever play the game but he is just a self obsessed knob.

Patrick08

He kinda tarnished his legacy with us last night I felt. Between the celebration, trying to pressure the refs into decisions and the post game interview, That isn't something a club legend should be doing against you.
Jeez, I respect the professionalism and competitive spirit he's got. He was'nt mocking us, he was just taking plaudits for his superb goal showing he's is still good enough.

dove

Imagine how butthurt he would be if we actually win CL this year...

Matt007a

He's never been a good loser has Ronaldo. That aspect of his personality is partly why he's become as good as he has. I wouldn't read too much into what he says. He did great things for the club and will rightly be remembered for that, but I think it's well known he's arrogant and petulant.

AbduRaheem

I'm a firm believer in that we make our own luck. Juventus had many chances and did not put them away at all. They only have themselves to blame. Our Manc boys never quitted and kept on playing then they made their own luck. Have to say bad sportmanship from Ronaldo will not win him any favours. Accept the defeat and do better next time.

Oneunited26

How many times was De Gea rooted to the spot for shots that went just past the post? (or hit the bar in one instance?)

I mean come on guys.... who actually thought we were going to win that game with 10 minutes left to play?

If this exact same game happened but we had been Juve and them us.... we'd also be saying they did nothing and won the game. Besides, I'm sure he doesn't mean literally nothing - it's just a turn of phrase.
It’s like the city game in April, we beat them but we learnt nothing really. We are a game to game team, the side still lacks an identity, and if we are truly going to wake up and move forward for starters, our right hand side of our team needs allot of building. Does any of us know what we going to do this weekend? Not really, and that’s problem. It’s a fantastic win, but not many thought we could have done this. Only thing we know, if you don’t put this team to bed, they can give you one hell of a knock out, and juve’s problem? They didn’t put this game to bed

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He is what he is. It will be the same if he scores against Real Madrid. Ronaldo doesn’t play for or care about anyone other than himself.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Until they 1-0 up they didn't create many clear cut chances. Most of these strikes were very good, long distance shots. There is a difference between saying Juve did more to deserve the win, and United did nothing.
They were the better team for the majority of the game, and whilst they were mainly long range shots, they did miss some absolute sitters (Cuadrado comes to mind)

Ultimately I just find it weird for people to care - let alone be up in arms - about what Ronaldo is saying after a match. I mean, as I said, roles reversed half of the people on here would be saying the same thing... and if Paul Pogba or Ander Herrera had said the same thing after the game we'd probably be saying they're right, and we let them back into the game by sitting off when we didn't need too.

JoaquinJoaquin

Jeez, I respect the professionalism and competitive spirit he's got. He was'nt mocking us, he was just taking plaudits for his superb goal showing he's is still good enough.
There's being professional and there is being disrespectful, He showed no respect at all towards us last night. And I say this as a guy who has always liked Ronaldo (even after he left).

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The guy's a cnut. But to be fair, he just watched his team outplay us and lose. But there again, we were always in the game, so shit like this happens.

And i said this in the match day thread in our first game with them, the hero worship that United fans still have for this guy is strange. He's not a club legend (imo), yet people still fawn over him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's being professional and there is being disrespectful, He showed no respect at all towards us last night. And I say this as a guy who has always liked Ronaldo (even after he left).
He showed respect by being a competitor and wanting to win a game of football.

This whole "former players must acted a certain way" stuff is just silly... He is at a different club, being paid by them and should do everything in his power to win a game for that club. Nobody should expect any less.

crossy1686

career ending
Done with Ronaldo, have been for a while now since he started using us to get better deals at Madrid. He doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself, I'd be incredibly hard pushed to even say he's a club legend, more like a club icon. We got about 2 quality seasons out of him before he pissed off so I couldn't give a shit what he thinks about the game or how United performed.

cyberman

This whole "former players must acted a certain way" stuff is just silly... He is at a different club, being paid by them and should do everything in his power to win a game for that club. Nobody should expect any less.
I'd expect a bit of class Post match though.
Juve aren't even a goal scoring side, they've cruised through this year by doing the minimum as an attacking force and with 3 shots on target you can see why.
We wouldn't be lamenting luck if Young missed a sitter, or if Matic knocked it wide from 15 yards.

Patrick08

Do you want him to be a miserable little puppy say I g take me back please just like James Rodriguez against Madrid. Just imagine how bayern fans must have thought.

JoaquinJoaquin

For a bog standard player then yes i'd tend to agree, but for a guy who is meant to be a club legend for the team he is facing, You would think he'd at least show some respect post game, no?