Rooney's Booking

Sir A1ex

Seen various comments on it being daft of him, and even people saying it looked like he deliberately got himself booked (:confused:). All the while, I've been trying to remember it, and when I mentioned it to my wife she was also surprised, saying she didn't know he had been booked. I've just checked the match stats, and now I know why - it was within a minute after the goal, so doubtless I was half collapsed on top of a random stranger screaming my lungs out with my eyes closed at the time. May have been on MOTD, but I've got very little memory of anything I saw on TV when I got home (though strangely I do rememebr a very fine kebab I bought to keep me company on the walk home form the station).
So, can somebody fill me in... what did he do?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hacked down a Mackem just as they were breaking quite dangerously.

Definite booking.

Oh well, Tevez at Spurs.

Count Duckula

Sunderland were breaking very quickly and in reasonable numbers, and clearly we didn't want to concede having only just scored. Rooney was running with them in defence and just slid in to take out one of their players from behind. It was a clear yellow, to be honest.

Sir A1ex

Cheers lads.

I'm beginning to regret the fact that I'm going to be watching the match on Saturday with a mate who's a Spurs fan who is visiting from London. Will we actually have any first team players available by then?

Gazza

Can someone please explain how Evra picked up his 5th, last Sunday, yet played yesterday (and against Blackburn) yet Rooney misses the very next game?

How does that work?
7 day rule - Sunderland match was only six days after Evra's 5th booking, but Spurs is a full 7 after Rooney's.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can someone please explain how Evra picked up his 5th, last Sunday, yet played yesterday (and against Blackburn) yet Rooney misses the very next game?

How does that work?
You miss the next game that comes after a 7 day period (Don't ask why) The Tottenham game is over 7 days after Evra got his 5th yellow, which meant the two games before those 7 days, Evra was able to play in. For Rooney, the Spurs game comes exactly 7 days after he got his 5th.

Sir A1ex

How does that work?
7 days for accumulated bookings, for some reason (next match for red cards, 7 months for handbags with a racist thug in your own time).

Merman

But the Spurs game is 7 days later i.e. within 7 days of his 2nd booking.

Is it a actually "6 day" rule now?
Somebody on a spurs forum posted the complete set of rules and concluded that Rooney will not miss the game.

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
Was a necessary booking. He knew what he was doing and that it would cost him the Spurs game.

I remember screaming to the telly, hack him down.

Well done Wayne.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Necessary foul... anyone remember Ole's red against Newcastle around the 95 season...?

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I said around, couldn't be bothered to find the actual game but you know what I meant... cnut

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
I still think Ole was wrong to commit that foul. Don't think any less of him though.
Like it or not, it is part and parcel of the game, and I bet you every single one of his team mates were grateful for it.

lysglimt

Scout
Pretty conclusive that. He misses the Spurs game.

No idea how they interpreted those rules any differently. It seems that GS isn't the only retarded Spurs fan.
Since the Sunderland game started 17.30 GMT - and the Spurs-game starts exactly one week later (Sunday at 17.30) he will miss the Spurs-game. If the Spurs game had started 15.00 he would miss the next game instead (Stoke away is it ?)