Rooney's house broken into during testimonial

BristolRuss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-36983693

"
Wayne Rooney's home was targeted by burglars while he was playing in his testimonial match at Old Trafford.

The incident happened at about 21:00 BST on Wednesday in Prestbury.

Cheshire Police said: "Officers went to the address and conducted a full search of the local area and were unable to find any trace of the offender."

The testimonial against Everton, which ended 0-0, made history as it was the first ever game between Premier League teams to be streamed live on Facebook."

Some proper scum out there.

predator

Youth NITK
Surprised he doesn't have full time security guards at his house given his wealth. The house he lives in is very nice but the walls around it are not that tall.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Very shit. You'd think footballers would go OTT with their security by now though.

ChaddyP

Surprised he doesn't have full time security guards at his house given his wealth. The house he lives in is very nice but the walls around it are not that tall.
I was thinking the same thing. Where I am live I have 24 hr security in my complex but the very rich in the area have that and then their own personal security at their premise around the clock at all entries.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Here's hoping coleen is traumatised by the whole ordeal and she feels they need to leave Manchester for their own safety.

Raw

Always a horrible feeling getting burgled. Even if you have more than enough cash to replace what was stolen.

baanke laal

banned
Why don't these burglars target city players in the area? Or have they done it & media is not reporting it due to the usual bias against city? :D

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Those jokes fall flat. They're just mean-spirited at this point. No saving grace.

Sparky Rhiwabon

My cousin can actually see Rooney's house in Prestbury from his house. This is probably better than any security device!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Here's hoping coleen is traumatised by the whole ordeal and she feels they need to leave Manchester for their own safety.
:lol: I hear China's pretty safe

Classical Mechanic

I was thinking the same thing. Where I am live I have 24 hr security in my complex but the very rich in the area have that and then their own personal security at their premise around the clock at all entries.
I think Jamaica is a bit more dangerous than the UK! Those areas down Cheshire way tend to have private security forces patrolling the area but it looks like his alarm system did the job anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm one of Wayne's biggest detractors probably, but surely we can resist the need to turn even this one into some sort of Rooney out or Rooney to China thread?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I feel a bit sorry for him. Not only was his testimonial match terrible, the atmosphere was flat and no-one seemed to chant his name. But while he's out raising money for children, some scumbags take advantage and break into his home. That sucks. :(

ChaddyP

I think Jamaica is a bit more dangerous than the UK! Those areas down Cheshire way tend to have private security forces patrolling the area but it looks like his alarm system did the job anyway.
I'm not sure about that. lol but this isn't the thread for it.

kidbob

Why stop there? Let's hope his family get kidnapped too all so you can enjoy watching your football a little more.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Why stop there? Let's hope his family get kidnapped too all so you can enjoy watching your football a little more.
Someone takes life a little too seriously :lol:

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
"WE'RE COMING TO GET ROO"

Shocking statement from the thieves, as reported by the Sun.

Art Vandelay

You'd think that with this happening a few times to different players they would at least have security for when people know they are going to be away at matches as a general precaution.