RoShaun Williams | Another upcoming debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Stubbs

RoShaun, a kid with a very bright future is in the squad for tomorrows game vs West Ham in the FA Cup.

I'm sure like me, many of you take a great interest in the youth at this club but for those who don't, RoShaun is quick and I mean bloody quick. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he broke Darren Campbell's 100m school record not so long ago. I don't like to make comparisons between players, especially between young and old/retired but RoShaun remind me of Rio Ferdinand. High praise and expectations I know but watching him from the age of 15 in the U18s and still looking like he controlled the game, the kid seems a natural leader who doesn't give he's teammates a rest. He is also very composed when on the ball, he's use of the ball could be better but that can be coached but still he doesn't panic.

Like Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Marcus Rashford, I think once RoShaun Williams makes the jump from U21 to the first team, he is capable of making a claim to stick around.

Last edited:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In addition to the excellent post above...

Sylar

With the season coming to an end in whats possible and available, id rather we blood youth in their natural positions and give them minutes playing in the first team. (especially with the seniors being such let downs).

I havent seen RoShaun but seen so many tweets about him being one that we have to get right (but I thought that about Pereira so what do I know...)

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I have seen him in under18s but i think its just another move by van gaal to hide his flaws behind something the united top redshits think is great.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I have seen him in under18s but i think its just another move by van gaal to hide his flaws behind something the united top redshits think is great.
It worries me that he is picking kids then dropping them left right and centre. I would have kept TFM in and rested Blind. Although at least some of the players will have the summer off. I worry for the ones who won't after a season where some have been flogged to death. Yet Pereira who is supposed to be our big hope cannot get a place.
He has picked TFM, Love, Riley, Weir, who are now all out. Varela, Williams and Rashford are in. Januzaj is back. McNair has disappeared. Why not just pick two or three to be continuously with the squad, rather than a scattergun approach like this?

Last edited:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It's just another way for him to pump his chest about how he gives chances to youth.

But other than a few games here and there, he's hardly developing any as he chucks them away at the first of trouble for shiny new toys. I'd rather two or three youngster play for the first team consistently (not just as squad cover) rather than this two game thing then never to be seen again.

Look at last year's class of youngsters,chucked away for this new batch too. For me, that isnt youth development.

Bwuk

Makes me think we will be going 3 at the back again tomorrow.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's just another way for him to pump his chest about how he gives chances to youth.

But other than a few games here and there, he's hardly developing any as he chucks them away at the first of trouble for shiny new toys. I'd rather two or three youngster play for the first team consistently (not just as squad cover) rather than this two game thing then never to be seen again.

Look at last year's class of youngsters,chucked away for this new batch too. For me, that isnt youth development.
He's just going all out on the youth becasue every other part of his 'philosophy' is failing miserably.

One or two of these kids he's throwing in is bound to have a good career, so he'll then be able to look back and say it was all because he gave him his debut, and no doubt some of the more deluded on here will agree.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Think Fosu Mensah has a knock, had an ice pack on a TwitPic, hence Williams being called up.

Devil81

Just wondering when LVG will drop me a line for my call up...

datura

It worries me that he is picking kids then dropping them left right and centre. I would have kept TFM in and rested Blind. Although at least some of the players will have the summer off. I worry for the ones who won't after a season where some have been flogged to death. Yet Pereira who is supposed to be our big hope cannot get a place.
He has picked TFM, Love, Riley, Weir, who are now all out. Varela, Williams and Rashford are in. Januzaj is back. McNair has disappeared. Why not just pick two or three to be continuously with the squad, rather than a scattergun approach like this?
Riley and Weir have been involved midweek..it usually depends on system and personnel available who makes the bench. Love I don't think will ever be good enough and McNair has regressed this season and long term don't see him as a United player. Williams has been excellent for the u21s and really grown in stature, he's been playing CB whereas TFM has barely played there in the last year. If he makes the bench its on merit, not a scattergun approach.

Devil81

Riley and Weir have been involved midweek..it usually depends on system and personnel available who makes the bench. Love I don't think will ever be good enough and McNair has regressed this season and long term don't see him as a United player. Williams has been excellent for the u21s and really grown in stature, he's been playing CB whereas TFM has barely played there in the last year. If he makes the bench its on merit, not a scattergun approach.
Are you sure that's the case?

I'm starting to think LVG has a Fa cup style draw for a squad place each week.

DomesticTadpole

It's because Jones is still out and as you say McNair is awful.

Mister_Stubbs

Are you sure that's the case?

I'm starting to think LVG has a Fa cup style draw for a squad place each week.
The likes of Weir, Love, Riley to a certain extent you could say were just seemingly drawn from a hat to be involved. Marcus was called up because we were in desperate need for a forward and he took he's chance with two hands. RoShaun Williams and Timothy Fosu-Mensah (along with Axel Tuanzebe who is currently injured) have been fantastic this season and are a big reason as to why the U21s sit top of the league. They are in the squad on merit I'd like to believe and hopefully will remain in and around the squad from here on.

DomesticTadpole

McNair needs a loan to toughen up really. The weird thing is that he's lost his main attribute this season - his passing. Without that he looks very average.
He started as a midfielder didn't he? Funny how this manager has managed to ruin most of our players passing ability.

Devil81

The likes of Weir, Love, Riley to a certain extent you could say were just seemingly drawn from a hat to be involved. Marcus was called up because we were in desperate need for a forward and he took he's chance with two hands. RoShaun Williams and Timothy Fosu-Mensah (along with Axel Tuanzebe who is currently injured) have been fantastic this season and are a big reason as to why the U21s sit top of the league. They are in the squad on merit I'd like to believe and hopefully will remain in and around the squad from here on.
Of course they are, I was only having a laugh. It's just a sad situation that we're putting so much pressure on these kids to perform. There is no slow introduction, it's in the team and you either sink or swim!!

Mister_Stubbs

Of course they are, I was only having a laugh. It's just a sad situation that we're putting so much pressure on these kids to perform. There is no slow introduction, it's in the team and you either sink or swim!!
I actually think that can be sometimes a good thing. At this club players need to perform week in week out with huge amounts of pressure, the young ones need to show they can handle such pressures when called upon. A handful have this season and have performed well enough to keep a place in the side.

On the other hand I think their is actually less pressure on the kids when they play as everyone is willing them on to do well and no one really expects, for example a two goal haul in two important games ala Rashford from them.

datura

He started as a midfielder didn't he? Funny how this manager has managed to ruin most of our players passing ability.
He was a tiny attacking midfielder to start with, then shot up and got played at the back due to a shortage of defenders in the youth team.

A lot of it down to confidence, you can see the same with Chelsea this season under mourinho.

khoazany

Tbf it's the nature of United academy as well so they were already getting used to it.Once you get to the U21s you always have to be ready (mentally,fitness and sharpness-wise) in case you're needed for the first team.That's why Joyce is rated highly as an U21s manager as his training toughen up the kids a lot.

DomesticTadpole

He was a tiny attacking midfielder to start with, then shot up and got played at the back due to a shortage of defenders in the youth team.

A lot of it down to confidence, you can see the same with Chelsea this season under mourinho.
I think we are beginning to see that Chelsea's problems run a lot deeper that Mourinho.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
As much as its nice to see youth get its chance I can't help think LVG is trying to paint himself as a guy who gives youth a chance and that's why he left us way short in the squad of senior players. It is one of the main reasons we have missed out on top 4. So I'm not happy with the give youth a chance shite he's doing now. The quicker this dinosaur gets out our club the better. If youth is good enough it will come through.

DomesticTadpole

As do ours unfortunately. The next appointment needs to be right as there's a huge job to do.
At least we do use our kids, even Uncle Guus doesn't use theirs. I think it is Roman wanting trophies so no manager will risk using the kids.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
He's just going all out on the youth becasue every other part of his 'philosophy' is failing miserably.

One or two of these kids he's throwing in is bound to have a good career, so he'll then be able to look back and say it was all because he gave him his debut, and no doubt some of the more deluded on here will agree.
Some of his bots have already given him credit for Iniesta's career.

A player he coached less than 10 games. I wouldnt put anything past them.

JohnnyKills

Fletcher Moss used to smash me every time I played them as a kid. Glad to see they're producing so many United players!
Yeah, one game they beat our team 22-2, although to be fair our lot only had seven players after half the team got lost on the way.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
The likes of Weir, Love, Riley to a certain extent you could say were just seemingly drawn from a hat to be involved.
Even with them you can't really say that. Love was played because we had like 6 or 7 RB options injured and he was the next in line. Riley was the next in line at LB and Weir has been great this season and has obviously been impressing in training. There is a pecking order for each position and when someone gets injured the next in line comes in. Its not very hard to understand but of course rational thinking isn't allowed on the subject of van Gaal.

Since when is Andreas our big hope? He is a top talent but he isn't anymore special than the likes of Adnan, TFM, Williams etc. TFM has posted that he is recovering and a picture of him icing his leg so that would explain why he is out. Love was only ever in because we had about 7 injuries at RB. Riley is now out because Valencia is back and Weir is out to give Adnan another chance. McNair has disappeared because frankly he isn't half as talented as TFM, Williams, or Tuanzebe. You can't just pick two or three because you need to pick for which position you need.

Sure Andreas could do with some more playing time but it has nothing to do with Williams or any other youth defender getting into the team because guess what? Andreas isn't a defender. Every fecking thread on a youth player there is people whining about Andreas not playing. Funnily enough, you often see the same ones whining about Andreas writing off Adnan and acting like Willo has been sold, destined for a career in non-league.

Silverman

I'm not from the area but how do Fletcher Moss have such strong teams and produce so many top players.

Silverman

Good catchment area, known to be scouted by the top clubs and good coaching so parents want to take their kids there I guess.
Suppose if their players are given a chance at the highest level then most parents would want their kids to play for them. Makes sense.

Mister_Stubbs

I'm not from the area but how do Fletcher Moss have such strong teams and produce so many top players.
Not from the area either but where I'm from and having worked with the youth academy at Southend United for a few years I know that a couple of youth clubs (Shoebury Boys and Trinity) have a good reputation for having kids go from there to Southend, Colchester, Leyton Orient to name a few local clubs and because of this kids want to play for them. I can only imagine the same with Fletcher Moss.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I feel sad for McNair. He'll probably have a great career at international level, but something has gone wrong at club. He's been dodgy since that Southampton away match when he was subbed at halftime. He's probably a very decent player but it's gone wrong for him. I would love him to recover but it's more likely he'll be moved on, and best of luck to him.

ottosec

Looks like LVG is giving everyone debuts, so that if any of them make it he can take credit. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.