RoShaun Williams | Another upcoming debut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb8521

Even with them you can't really say that. Love was played because we had like 6 or 7 RB options injured and he was the next in line. Riley was the next in line at LB and Weir has been great this season and has obviously been impressing in training. There is a pecking order for each position and when someone gets injured the next in line comes in. Its not very hard to understand but of course rational thinking isn't allowed on the subject of van Gaal.

Since when is Andreas our big hope? He is a top talent but he isn't anymore special than the likes of Adnan, TFM, Williams etc. TFM has posted that he is recovering and a picture of him icing his leg so that would explain why he is out. Love was only ever in because we had about 7 injuries at RB. Riley is now out because Valencia is back and Weir is out to give Adnan another chance. McNair has disappeared because frankly he isn't half as talented as TFM, Williams, or Tuanzebe. You can't just pick two or three because you need to pick for which position you need.

Sure Andreas could do with some more playing time but it has nothing to do with Williams or any other youth defender getting into the team because guess what? Andreas isn't a defender. Every fecking thread on a youth player there is people whining about Andreas not playing. Funnily enough, you often see the same ones whining about Andreas writing off Adnan and acting like Willo has been sold, destined for a career in non-league.
From what I've heard Pereira is also being punished for not taking games seriously. A lot of the coaching staff aren't happy that since Januzaj has come back he and Pereira have been taking the piss in the u21 games. Trying to outdo eachother by trying to score directly from corners and trying unnecessary flicks in a match we weren't even winning didn't go down well

khoazany

From what I've heard Pereira is also being punished for not taking games seriously. A lot of the coaching staff aren't happy that since Januzaj has come back he and Pereira have been taking the piss in the u21 games. Trying to outdo eachother by trying to score directly from corners and trying unnecessary flicks in a match we weren't even winning didn't go down well
Frankly they are still human and everyone in their position would be bored if still have to play U21s football every week.I would still put it down at poor management regardless of how the coaching staffs think.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Frankly they are still human and everyone in their position would be bored if still have to play U21s football every week.I would still put it down at poor management regardless of how the coaching staffs think.
Shame though.. the reward for overcoming boredom is a contract to make you for life..

jb8521

He hasn't been playing it every week though he's played around 7/8 u21 games all season and was only put back in a few weeks ago to get some match sharpness and before his friend came back he was acting like a leader on the pitch and using those games to show he was too good for that level but the last few games he hasn't looked bothered. Blame the management all you want but it's still poor from him and being bored isn't an excuse for a lack of professionalism

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
He hasn't been playing it every week though he's played around 7/8 u21 games all season and was only put back in a few weeks ago to get some match sharpness and before his friend came back he was acting like a leader on the pitch and using those games to show he was too good for that level but the last few games he hasn't looked bothered. Blame the management all you want but it's still poor from him and being bored isn't an excuse for a lack of professionalism
There's a parallel between united and US politics... both need a total reset at the moment. The PL is so awful that a united team of youth prospects could probably challenge for the title. Instead, we have the situation of players played out of position, who are doing their best but are not good enough. I'm frankly all for radical change, particuarly because our youth players have shown theyve actually got the bottle for it.

wiz4231

Looks like LVG is giving everyone debuts, so that if any of them make it he can take credit. :lol:
Yeah, its almost guaranteed that he will take credit for them, he'd say he's laid the foundations for future success to mask his own failures.

khoazany

Tbf even if Fergie is still in charge Williams would be due a debut sooner or later.Have been a long time since we have an U21s regular who's still a first team U18s scholar.Fergie would surely start him against the likes of Strewburry Town.

Winrar

Yeah, its almost guaranteed that he will take credit for them, he'd say he's laid the foundations for future success to mask his own failures.
if next manager succeeds, it's due to van gaal who laid the foundations. if next manager fails, it's because they failed to utilize the foundations laid by van gaal.

it's a win win situation for thos who still defend LVG.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Even with them you can't really say that. Love was played because we had like 6 or 7 RB options injured and he was the next in line. Riley was the next in line at LB and Weir has been great this season and has obviously been impressing in training. There is a pecking order for each position and when someone gets injured the next in line comes in. Its not very hard to understand but of course rational thinking isn't allowed on the subject of van Gaal.

Since when is Andreas our big hope? He is a top talent but he isn't anymore special than the likes of Adnan, TFM, Williams etc. TFM has posted that he is recovering and a picture of him icing his leg so that would explain why he is out. Love was only ever in because we had about 7 injuries at RB. Riley is now out because Valencia is back and Weir is out to give Adnan another chance. McNair has disappeared because frankly he isn't half as talented as TFM, Williams, or Tuanzebe. You can't just pick two or three because you need to pick for which position you need.

Sure Andreas could do with some more playing time but it has nothing to do with Williams or any other youth defender getting into the team because guess what? Andreas isn't a defender. Every fecking thread on a youth player there is people whining about Andreas not playing. Funnily enough, you often see the same ones whining about Andreas writing off Adnan and acting like Willo has been sold, destined for a career in non-league.
The club built Andreas up, he wanted to go out on loan and LvG said no, then doesn't play him. I don't rate him as high as some. In hindsight, a loan was needed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well then Pereira should have been allowed out on loan and Januzaj should have taken his loan at Dortmund seriously.

jb8521

Williams playing for our under 13s in van der Sars testimonial a few years ago. Being watched by LVG at 5:08. Current u18s Gribbin, Dearnley, Kenyon and Warren involved as well

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Williams playing for our under 13s in van der Sars testimonial a few years ago. Being watched by LVG at 5:08. Current u18s Gribbin, Dearnley, Kenyon and Warren involved as well
Something is wrong when both teams look better than our current team.

jb8521

Something is wrong when both teams look better than our current team.
Well our underage teams and the youngsters who have played for the first team generally show more confidence and composure than most of the senior players

Mike09

Remind me of Chris Smalling. Quick, strong, knows how to stay on his feet, read the game well and looked good in one on one situation. I heard he always talk and act like a leader during the game which is good he has a leadership attitude and still 17 years old. There must be something about him if he was promoted to U21 at the age of 17.

Looking forward to seeing him for his pace alone. He is running 100m in 10.xx seconds. Different sport but there is a similarly quick guy in professional rugby (an ex-USA 100m sprinter), and even against the world's quickest wingers he is embarrassing them. RoShaun will be blistering in the Premier League.

Bwuk

If it's true we are playing 3 at the back, I'd give him a game and play Carrick in midfield rather than in the back 3.

I would rather Williams in defence and Carrick in midfield, than Carrick in defence and Fellaini in midfield.

m1y2

They all look very similar Tuanzebe, Williams and Fosu-Mensah as CBs, great on the ball, well developed physically, quick, and great readers of the game, good tacklers, all three brilliant talents, wonder which one of them will make it but TFM will move to midfield as we will have too many CB's. Also Regan Poole seems great talent... I don't see why could someone as average as Mcnair make it here..

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
They all look very similar Tuanzebe, Williams and Fosu-Mensah as CBs, great on the ball, well developed physically, quick, and great readers of the game, good tacklers, all three brilliant talents, wonder which one of them will make it but TFM will move to midfield as we will have too many CB's. Also Regan Poole seems great talent... I don't see why could someone as average as Mcnair make it here..
Mcnair's dribbling is deadly IMO.

Devil may care

He guided Calamity Jones through the match pretty well I thought, he looks very mature in his all round game for a 17 year old..

dichinero

If a day comes when we field a back 3+2 of;
Riley-----Fosu-Mensah---Tuanzebe---William---Bo'JAck
#Justsaying

Status
Not open for further replies.