Roulette Draft - R1: Indnyc vs Onenil

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Holy feck, how did onenil lost this game?
Indnyc had the better attack and his midfield did exactly what it had to - provide creativity to unlock the defense. His fullbacks also matched up very well against onenil‘s strong point on the flanks. He was defensively weaker in the middle, but “only“ up against Elkjaer there (compared to Seeler) and no dangerous 10 or Second Striker to get at Boszik.

Onenil was probably just unlucky with the draw. Excellent drafting as usual

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
He was defensively weaker in the middle, but “only“ up against Elkjaer there (compared to Seeler) and no dangerous 10 or Second Striker to get at Boszik.
Stoichkov and Jairzinho are playing as inside forwards. Whilst they’re nominally positioned wide both would attack the middle.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Stoichkov and Jairzinho are playing as inside forwards. Whilst they’re nominally positioned wide both would attack the middle.
If onenil had attacking fullbacks, he could have used them to overlap and stop Lahm/Schnellinger to follow their winger. He didn‘t have that and since both Schnellinger and Lahm have a track record of defending in the centre (Lahm as DM under Pep), I think they could have dealt with them when coming inside fairly well.

Indnyc

It's all your fault of course.

You did not vote, which would have made it a draw. This would have sent it to penalties. In a normal year, Indnyc's 5 Germans would have been an instant win. But England winning a penalty shootout in a World Cup proves that Mars is in retrograde and the cosmic rays will always cause a team with Germans to lose a penalty shootout in 2018.
So I blame you and the Zimartinis you were drinking :mad:

Football is a simple game, 22 men chase the ball and in the end the Germans always win!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
If onenil had attacking fullbacks, he could have used them to overlap and stop Lahm/Schnellinger to follow their winger. He didn‘t have that and since both Schnellinger and Lahm have a track record of defending in the centre (Lahm as DM under Pep), I think they could have dealt with them when coming inside fairly well.
Yes that’s a good point on the versatility of those fullbacks defensively.

Indnyc

When I had a chance to pick Bozsik I could let him go.. Then to bring balance I kept hoping to get a more defensive option but the roll didn’t fall for me..

Instead of Ballack I could have got Essien (should have got him in hindsight) but thought ballack could do a similar job with the added goal threat

MJJ

When I had a chance to pick Bozsik I could let him go.. Then to bring balance I kept hoping to get a more defensive option but the roll didn’t fall for me..

Instead of Ballack I could have got Essien (should have got him in hindsight) but thought ballack could do a similar job with the added goal threat
That's why I thought you would go for essien over ballack, brings better balance.