Roulette Draft - SF: MJJ vs Skizzo

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
vs

............................................ TEAM MJJ ............................................................................................. TEAM SKIZZO ...........................................

Team MJJ

Formation- 5-2-1-2 on paper but in reality, the side can easily and will transition to 4-3-3 at times with both kopa and baggio comfortable outwide.
Defensive Line- Normal
Playing Style- Direct, counterattacking football

Attack

A very fluid front three centered around two of the greatest players of the 90s in Batistuta and Baggio with one of the best french number 10s of all time, Kopa. All of my front three are excelled playing in an attacking trident and a 5-2-1-2 formation suits their attacking talents perfectly. Kopa's preference for the right wing augments baggio's for the left and both will cause havoc by drifting wide to double team the fullbacks and dragging centrebacks out of position.

Midfield

A very technically sound midfield which can retain the ball or do a lot of damage with quick transitions. Tigana was a complete box to box midfield player, excelling in quick transitions and one-two play and Voronin is the perfect DM to partner Tigana and kopa. Defensively solid but with excellent ball skills. The ball-playing ability of my midfield means that any one of midfield can play a game-changing pass if afforded enough time.

Defense

The German Wall with an Argentine Tractor. Four of my defenders can make an argument for being GOATs in their respective roles and position and the fifth one is Sammer.

Why I would win

• An impenetrable defense marshalled by Sammer with the best stopper and man-marker in history of football. Outwide I have two of the best wing-backs ever in Zanetti and Brehme.
  • Skizzo midfield isnt ideal, netzer was rarely picked for the german side cause he would overlap with overath and not fit in well. The same issues reside here with scholes.

Team Skizzo

Formation - 451 - Counter

No need for a long player into again as it hasn't changed much. This time just another tactical tweak.

With MJJ having 5 at the back, I'm looking to mix things up a little and drop to a 451. We look to give up possession in front of our players, and draw the wing backs and Sammer out of the back, leaving space in behind to play the ball through to our pacy attackers. Makelele will look to tidy up in front of the defense, and by keeping things tight at the back, and the midfield crowded, we'll look to cut the supply off to the forwards, and hit on the break quickly and ruthlessly. We're putting numbers and players in positions where they most benefit our approach to this game.

MJJ

Interesting approach, dont think Henry is the striker you need in a 4 5 1 as he can't hold the ball up.

Given the lone striker, I will have Karlheinz do what he does best and man mark Henry out of the game leaving Skizzo side toothless.

On the other hand, Batistuta and Baggio are going to have a lot of joy against rio and schw. And there is nobody to stop stammer playmaking from the back or foraging forward with the ball.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm not sure how @MJJ managed to build such a side when all he was doing was picking fullback after fullback. On a serious note, I don't thing that Förster can be considered as one of the GOATs in his respective role, but it's an incredible defence nonetheless.

By the way, it's Buffon vs Buffon :D

MJJ

I'm not sure how @MJJ managed to build such a side when all he was doing was picking fullback after fullback. On a serious note, I don't thing that Förster can be considered as one of the GOATs in his respective role, but it's an incredible defence nonetheless.

By the way, it's Buffon vs Buffon :D
There was a method to the madness :lol:

Lol I was being a bit cheeky but I did say role and position :p, I don't think there are much better man markers in football than him from what I have read.

Oh yeah anothea reason why I will win, younger buffon will be grounded for life unless he let's in a few goals.

idmanager

Given the lone striker, I will have Karlheinz do what he does best and man mark Henry out of the game leaving Skizzo side toothless.
Forster is in perfect position to mind Blokhin who will be constantly coming in centrally from that side. Its a bad idea I think to have him man mark Henry.

MJJ

Forster is in perfect position to mind Blokhin who will be constantly coming in centrally from that side. Its a bad idea I think to have him man mark Henry.
I will back Zanetti to handle Blokhin and I doubt Henry will be dropping too deep. Of course when Zanetti is attacking forster will stay back to cover blokhin and not man mark.

There is also sammer for cover, the reason I want to man mark Henry is that both continues and Blokhin can't play with their back to goal and it will take away the long ball option away from skizzo.

idmanager

I will back Zanetti to handle Blokhin and I doubt Henry will be dropping too deep. Of course when Zanetti is attacking forster will stay back to cover blokhin and not man mark.

There is also sammer for cover, the reason I want to man mark Henry is that both continues and Blokhin can't play with their back to goal and it will take away the long ball option away from skizzo.
But that is not how a man marking job works. You have to constantly be with your man.

That wont be possible with you changing to a back three sometimes when Sammer moves in betweens and the full backs push.

And you cant back Zanetti to handle Blokhin on the counters. Either you lose attacking impetus or Zanetti will be found out of position.

The classic cant have 2 players at the same time conundrum with the 5-3-2

Dont get me wrong, I love your team. But I dont think Forster should be the one handling Henry. Definitely not marking anyways.

idmanager

Regarding Skizzo, I am really disappointed that he dropped Scholes.

I didnt mention it in the last game, but Scholes-Blokhin is a match made in heaven for me. Can see him assisting Blokhin for fun, especially against a 5-3-2.

And with Conti present to provide the work rate, I would have backed Scholes to start and have a great game.

I dont buy the Netzer and Scholes cant function in the same team thing.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
On a serious note, I don't thing that Förster can be considered as one of the GOATs in his respective role, but it's an incredible defence nonetheless.
Why? He's one of the top stoppers around. Definitely one of the GOATs.

If you are looking at pure stoppers, Forster and Kohler are right on top tier, followed by Ruggeri, Desailly, Stam in next tier.

harms

Staff
Why? He's one of the top stoppers around. Definitely one of the GOATs.

If you are looking at pure stoppers, Forster and Kohler are right on top tier, followed by Ruggeri, Desailly, Stam in next tier.
As you can probably guess from my original post, I don’t think so.

Back to Joga’s “players that I rate lower than most” thread.

harms

Staff

I'll back @idmanager on this one. If you're going with Förster marking Henry, you need to switch your center backs to have a CB ready to face Blokhin.

MJJ

I'll back @idmanager on this one. If you're going with Förster marking Henry, you need to switch your center backs to have a CB ready to face Blokhin.[/QUOTE

But that is not how a man marking job works. You have to constantly be with your man.

That wont be possible with you changing to a back three sometimes when Sammer moves in betweens and the full backs push.

And you cant back Zanetti to handle Blokhin on the counters. Either you lose attacking impetus or Zanetti will be found out of position.

The classic cant have 2 players at the same time conundrum with the 5-3-2

Dont get me wrong, I love your team. But I dont think Forster should be the one handling Henry. Definitely not marking anyways.
]
Okay no man marking. I bow to the pressure of the crowd.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Both sides sit deep and play on the counter. I smell a 0-0 at half time. Any advice on which side is more likely to score from set pieces / direct free kicks / draw penalties etc? These things often get overlooked, but are very important actually

MJJ

Both sides sit deep and play on the counter. I smell a 0-0 at half time. Any advice on which side is more likely to score from set pieces / direct free kicks / draw penalties etc? These things often get overlooked, but are very important actually
I have Baggio and brehme, and my side isn't sitting deep or playing on the counter btw.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I have Baggio and brehme, and my side isn't sitting deep or playing on the counter btw.
It‘s right there in your write-up that you play counter attacking football:confused:

Enigma_87

You know who
@MJJ defence is just too good to be consistently broken or penetrated, whilst his attack is good enough to outscore the opposition. Voted MJJ.