Roy Keane: “It’s not the club I played for. It's a really really sad night.”

lsd

The Oracle
Roy Keane shouldn’t even be allowed into the stands for free, he’s a complete dinosaur. His fake tough guy attitude worked in the 90’s, it’s not about this anymore. Both Liverpool and City are playing at the highest level ever seen in the Premier League, not many of their players are «tough guys», can’t think of a single one. They are however very good and schooled to the bone, unlike our players. Keane is clueless, he tried out as manager, failed spectacularly and has shown he does not get on with groups of people whom are not of similar ilk.

Hoping you are 12 years of age

RedDevilQuebecois

Could do a lot worse than bringing Keane back into the fold. I’m not one for a job for the boys but feck me, he knows what it’s like to play for this club & the demands required…
I don't need to have him as an assistant or as a coach. Just having him as a special advisor on whom we can call to set the record straight behind closed doors would be enough.

Dan_F

Roy Keane shouldn’t even be allowed into the stands for free, he’s a complete dinosaur. His fake tough guy attitude worked in the 90’s, it’s not about this anymore. Both Liverpool and City are playing at the highest level ever seen in the Premier League, not many of their players are «tough guys», can’t think of a single one. They are however very good and schooled to the bone, unlike our players. Keane is clueless, he tried out as manager, failed spectacularly and has shown he does not get on with groups of people whom are not of similar ilk.
Tell me you’ve never watched Keane play…

Every now and again I read stuff on here so bad that it makes me question why I’m debating stuff with anonymous people online.

Marwood

Liverpool are full of types I recognise from the 90's. Henderson, Milner, Robertson, TAA, Mané, all full of attitude and bite.

lilcurt

Could do a lot worse than bringing Keane back into the fold. I’m not one for a job for the boys but feck me, he knows what it’s like to play for this club & the demands required…
While I love Keane, I don't think our legends have secret sauce and I don't think they are the only people who have that hunger and NEED to win.

We need to move away from legends and get proven class throughout the club. Not just manager, the technical director, director of football, scouts, analysts, medic, CEO need to be proven in their roles at the highest level. We should be done with jobs for the boys. Damn it, the office dog should come from a champion bloodline and be a winner of Crufts in their own right!

F-Red

Some bizarre take that.

Judas

Open to offers
Every post of yours I read I become more convinced you're not a Utd fan. It's like you purposefully go out of your way to make daft posts about everything.

DeGea’sFeet

When the next manager comes in, one of the most simple actions to put in place to reduce player power but I’ve not heard mentioned is simply to cut out the first team players ability to communicate to Fletcher and other directors and thus bypass and undermine the manager whenever they don’t get their way.

Imagine working for Amazon, reporting to a general manager but whenever your annoyed with one of his decisions you can go directly to Bezos, doesn’t happen. Well at United it does. That needs to stop. If anything set up a HR division so the players can moan about double training, being shouted at in training etc and you’ll see complaints about rubbish stop.

The Irish Connection

It's sad to see, and I think most (if not all) fans agree with him.

We need a plan, then we need people at all levels who know what they're doing, then we need everyone to buy into said plan. No point paying all of these players millions of pounds if they're going to check out mentally when on the pitch. They're not children. This is the highest level of sport. No more excuses.
Exactly, no more excuses. Everyone involved in the club needs to fight for what’s best going forward.
The Glazers are the root problem, so we as fans need to pressure them more than ever to either Feck off or improve ten fold.
We need 5 players in and 10 out, no excuses on that, no more let downs in transfer windows, no leaving us 1 short. They need to cop on and give the likes of ten Hag, rangnick and murtough an open cheque book or piss off.

The fans need to demand this share scheme happen and that they will be given serious say and that the debt is consistently paid down or Feck off.

Importantly, every single player needs to fight as hard as possible next season, hopefully we will have 5 new faces in whose second nature is to fight and 10 of the rotten eggs are gone.

RedC

What are you on about, they have multiple players like that, or at least the 21st century version of it.

Will Singh

It’s bad enough getting humiliated by Liverpool but to sit next to Souness while it’s happening must be horrible. Like a lot have said he’s saying how we all are feeling.
I remember when I once said it’s lonely at the top, but nothing compares to this…

Denis79

Roy Keane would have been world class today. You don't like him, fine. But don't talk nonsense.

BEST No7

At least he gave everything and left it all on the pitch. Can you say the same about this bunch?

The Hacker

He’s said nothing untrue today. This group of players are a disgrace to the badge. They’re all checked out of the season. None really care that much. The post match interviews are pointless. Always the same drivel but nothing every changes each week. It’s just utter rubbish. Utterly depressing watching this group try to play as a team or try to do something as a collective.

Can’t wait till a lot of them leave and we promote youth or find players who at the very just least give a toss each week.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I agree with everything he says but what's with the people saying he should be involved with the club? Is it because our recent history of ex-players with questionable managerial careers have been so successful? Or is the plan just to have him wander into the dressing room from time to time so he can give a rousing speech about the United Way and passion?

RedDevilQuebecois

I agree with everything he says but what's with the people saying he should be involved with the club? Is it because our recent history of ex-players with questionable managerial careers have been so successful? Or is the plan just to have him wander into the dressing room from time to time so he can give a rousing speech about the United Way and passion?
I personally believe that Keane should hold an advisory role and thus can do a few things behind the scenes to keep people in check at the club. Paul Breitner has been doing that at Bayern Munich since his retirement, and Breitner is one hell of a character when he speaks to the media too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Roy Keane was far far more then just "tough guy" attitude... He was world class ability wise and had a world class mentality.

Also he didn't "fail spectacularly" as a manger, not great obviously - but he did have some success at Sunderland and I believe is pretty well remembered by their fans.

sparx99

I personally believe that Keane should hold an advisory role and thus can do a few things behind the scenes to keep people in check at the club. Paul Breitner has been doing that at Bayern Munich since his retirement, and Breitner is one hell of a character when he speaks to the media too.
Isn’t that the opposite of Keane though? His punditry is bloody mundane and full of absolutely zero substance. He seems to have no idea how to articulate the issues beyond saying they lack quality and effort.

Tonight he said Rashford ‘played like a child up front’. That’s not a substantial critique. In what way was Rashford childish? I’d argue he was soft or disinterested perhaps but childish? Childish would imply selfishness or naivety neither of which were particularly obvious tonight. Was Keane able to explain where Rashford was going wrong tonight?

Some of these players will have redemption stories at Man Utd. Dismissing them all out of hand is just silly. Yes, we will likely replace most of the squad over a period of time in the way that Liverpool have. But there will be a Jordan Henderson type who wasn’t overly loved who becomes a stalwart. We’ve already seen Fred begin to turn some around on their view of him.

We really do just need to scrap through to the summer with as many wins/pts as we can get and write this whole season off.

The Purley King

It’s about discipline
We had it in spades when it was policed from within
Keane plus others would make fecking sure you did your job

now we have a collection of chinless wonders and outright chancers who think they know what it takes
They don’t know And they can’t enforce it

lsd

The Oracle
It’s bad enough getting humiliated by Liverpool but to sit next to Souness while it’s happening must be horrible. Like a lot have said he’s saying how we all are feeling.
I remember when I once said it’s lonely at the top, but nothing compares to this…

True and then have to endure Jamie Carragher coming in on a high.

At least we could turn over and watch something else. Whatever Roy is getting from Sky can't be be worth that surely

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I want him to wander into the dressing room and deck a few players every now and then.

lsd

The Oracle
He’s said nothing untrue today. This group of players are a disgrace to the badge. They’re all checked out of the season. None really care that much. The post match interviews are pointless. Always the same drivel but nothing every changes each week. It’s just utter rubbish. Utterly depressing watching this group try to play as a team or try to do something as a collective.

Can’t wait till a lot of them leave and we promote youth or find players who at the very just least give a toss each week.

He was spot on and Souness as well to be fair. The players have no character or desire whatsoever and we will do nothing as a result of that

The bottom line for me as to how pathetic these players are when we were at the top and playing Liverpool who were not challenging for titles and were going through manager after manager we were not turning them over like this .

There was no way we would beat them four or five no matter how good we were and how poor they were they just would not allow that to happen.

This bunch though you can see the second the game starts they don't care what the score will be or how much we get beat by. It just means nothing to them.

People say Roy only ever talks about character and heart etc and they miss the point that without that character you have nothing.

Nobody wants Roy to manage this team we just want the players to show some of the desire and character he had when he wore the shirt

BlueHaze

What on earth was this bizzarre rant all about.

Huddsred

The truly sad and shocking thing about tonight is that it isn't even a surprise result.