Roy Keane

hobbers

Nah this is full on projection.
He’s been unfairly treated. His reaction is justified.

100% projection and Keane isn’t intelligent or self aware enough to realise it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I just think Roy likes a maverick. He left Ireland because he was doing what he thought was right.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's right, but those players were still playing at an elite level. Ronaldo isn't. We're worse with him in the team. Ronaldo isn't good enough any more. A lot of people can't accept that Ronaldo isn't the player he was.
This is what is fecking puzzling me. Do these guys really believe the whole fecking club should not progress and just cater to one player who is not even performing and can't get us to where we need to go? It's astonishing!

I don't care if he's mates with Ronaldo, but the platform he has is not to be used in this way. He needs to keep his biases to himself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hes not even arguing he has to start because he just said he wouldn't start him. I'm not actually sure what he's saying
He sort of started angry, and didn't really know where it was going.

The big problem is the summer wasn't great, so Ronaldo wasn't match fit from the start, and then the shape of the team without him just looked too good to change.

RuudTom83

Keane would rather criticise the entire club and every member of the squad to defend Ronaldo...strange!

Trying to throw EtH and Antony under the bus...childish from Roy this.

CM

Imagine having a fecking tantrum because anyone dares suggest United are a better team without Ronaldo :lol: Get a grip man

crossy1686

career ending
Keane would rather criticise the entire club and every member of the squad to defend Ronaldo...strange!

He didn't actually defend Ronaldo, he defended his stats and what he brings to the team, he was projecting his own dismissal from United and defending that.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

I actually thought he liked ETH... I guess his mate Ronnie has probably changed his mind. Absolute crap.
I will laugh at him the next time he starts criticising a player - any player for doing what Ronaldo has done. Lost all credibility.

cj_sparky

Sat there at the end with his arm crossed like a child.

Gary and even Jimmy trying to calmly talk and make a point. Roy was shouting louder than everyone else spouting nonsense.

Witchking

Keane might have thought about whacking Neville and Jimmy :lol:

Defending Ronaldo by saying that he has a record of 1 in 2. Not sure he has seen Ronaldo this season.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Why are people so shocked that a man, who literally walked out on a World Cup, isn't that fussed about his mate walking out on a game? He said he doesn't think it's the worst thing in the world and he probably does believe that.

Obviously he's wrong and it's a bit silly to defend Ronaldo here, but yeah, not surprising.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Why are people so shocked that a man, who literally walked out on a World Cup, isn't that fussed about his mate walking out on a game? He said he doesn't think it's the worst thing in the world and he probably does believe that.

Obviously he's wrong and it's a bit silly to defend Ronaldo here, but yeah, not surprising.
No issue with him defending Ronaldo. I do have an issue with his “they’re 5th, they weren’t good against Spurs, ETH needs to win more games” bullshit.

clarkydaz

pretty mental seeing him there at the end. He knackered himself out to near depression, for arguing nonsense for someone else

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Wow he's had a mare today. Comes across like a huge idiot with absolutely 0 football knowledge. Head so far up Ronaldo's ass he can't see reality. You hate to see someone like Keane having an inferiority complex, but here we are.

Fully Fledged

Sat there at the end with his arm crossed like a child.

Gary and even Jimmy trying to calmly talk and make a point. Roy was shouting louder than everyone else spouting nonsense.
They took the p' out of him for being angry when the camera was off Kelly had to tell them to behave. Then when they came back he looked like a kid who had been called out for having a strop.

OLLY ORANGE

I thought Ten hag has acted top draw with the Ronaldo situation.
Kept him on board but rightly punished him.
No way has he an agenda against Ronaldo.
Roy's antics in justifying Ronaldo's inclusion is bewildering and shows his man management skill is where he will come up short in the modern game.
Every football club currently looking for a manager should run a mile from him.

Foolsgold21

Keane saying players have done worse than what Ronaldo did at United was surely a hint at himself?

Neville must’ve been biting his tongue, desperate to mention Keane’s never seen infamous interview.

Although I’m sure he wouldn’t have made it out of the studio if he did!

Idxomer

fecking christ Keano. Get a grip
God, he's such a clown.

"They lost against Brentford". Well, Ronaldo was playing in this game but Keane is shouting over everybody so one could argue with him.

He's worse than Souness and should join him on talksport.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No issue with him defending Ronaldo. I do have an issue with his “they’re 5th, they weren’t good against Spurs, ETH needs to win more games” bullshit.
Yeah it's nonsense but it's just Keane being Keane... And he's fairly consistent in his absolute disdain for Spurs at least.

RomfordRed75

What the feck was that Ronaldo 700 montage for?????
Even Neville called it out. Sky pushing there usual agenda

phelans shorts

Yep, he's not defending Ronaldo, he's defending himself
I’m kinda surprised how many can’t see this, and why he’s getting so passionate about it. In his head history is repeating itself (a once top player no longer capable at the level, and lashing out at the world as a result) so he’s trying to fight “his” corner.

Roy Keane the manager wouldn’t have put up with Roy Keane the 2005 player, for instance.