Ruben Neves | Signed for Al Hilal (SA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
After watching him against City I would rather we didn't sign him. Would prefer Kante as a short term fix whilst we get this position long term solution sorted.

haru krentz

He's a deep lying midfielder....
People got confused with midfielders role. expecting Bruno to have higher pass completion rates while Neves to have more goal and assist. I think 6 years of Paul Pogba would do that to people (not like i'm blaming pogba)

bringbackbebe

He's a fantastic, intelligent player & has basically played every game for Wolves in the last few seasons. Would be a great deal if we can land him between 35-40m.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
With Dalot, Bruno, Ronaldo and potentially Neves - this might turn our club a bit to Wolves 2.0

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I see that we are being linked again. Can't believe he's still only 25, he seems to have been around forever.

The paper bollocks are basically linking us with anyone half decent who can replace Matic, indicating that they haven't got a fecking clue.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can he play in a DM role alongside Frankie De Jong though?

DevilRed

FDJ and Neves midfield would be an infinitely better upgrade than anything we’ve had for almost 10 years now.

backed up by Fred, garner and McT, and we might have the legs and passing ability to actually compete at last. Ffs.

OleGunnar20

40m these days seems about right for him, crazy as prices are. I think he'd be a really useful addition alongside a DM with a real engine and good positional awareness. Palhinha perhaps to top off Portugal 3.0?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Garner is good as his apparent performances recently have been then I’d be surprised if Neves is targeted.

Andrew7582

40m these days seems about right for him, crazy as prices are. I think he'd be a really useful addition alongside a DM with a real engine and good positional awareness. Palhinha perhaps to top off Portugal 3.0?
Neves and Palhinha would possibly be the slowest midfield in the premier league.

Oranges038

He can control it and he can pass it. He also has a decent shot.

Is he worth 45m? Probably not, but he'd be an instant upgrade on Fred and McT. That's not even in doubt.

Moutinho would even be an upgrade on them.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
FDJ and Neves midfield would be an infinitely better upgrade than anything we’ve had for almost 10 years now.

backed up by Fred, garner and McT, and we might have the legs and passing ability to actually compete at last. Ffs.
I would assume it would be a case of Neves or De Jong rather than both. I don't see any balance in that pairing.

userman

Pretty sure that the club is using the Neves links as leverage in the process with Barca/de Jong.
If however Neves ends up joining us he would be a clear upgrade on what we have.

Neves as a deep lying playmaker would be alright if we close other gaps in the squad with the money “saved” on buying Neves vs de Jong.

OleGunnar20

Neves and Palhinha would possibly be the slowest midfield in the premier league.
Haha, fair. I like Palhinha a lot from what I've seen though and think he'd do well in England.

Perhaps either of the two alongside Fred & Bruno would make more sense. I'm convinced Fred will go from strength to strength in an actual functioning system.

Walters_19_MuFc

We need a passer in midfield. Neves can pass, but his decision making in his passing isn't always great. Can be very erratic at times and often tries to find the hollywood ball - a bit like Bruno, if you like. Having those two in midfield would be frustrating as hell, however, I do think it is something that ten Hag could potentially work on.

PoTMS

I like him. £45m is about £10m too much but he's a very good player and more importantly PL proven and attainable.

haru krentz

He can control it and he can pass it. He also has a decent shot.

Is he worth 45m? Probably not, but he'd be an instant upgrade on Fred and McT. That's not even in doubt.

Moutinho would even be an upgrade on them.
I've said this and i'll say again, the standard is too low we shouldnt complain if Neves is the only midfielder we can attract. Personally (if FDJ rejected us) i'd sign Neves, a DM for combined 70m and go big for Bellingham in summer 2023.

Andrew7582

Haha, fair. I like Palhinha a lot from what I've seen though and think he'd do well in England.

Perhaps either of the two alongside Fred & Bruno would make more sense. I'm convinced Fred will go from strength to strength in an actual functioning system.
I'd prefer more mobile and press resistant players than either of those two, i'm not a fan of signing unathletic players personally. I agree on Fred, definitely think he'll do better in the right system, I can see ETH taking a liking to him.

El-Manos

Could be a shrewd move but hopefully we won’t overspend. He’s better than anything we have but that’s not saying much.

OleGunnar20

I'd prefer more mobile and press resistant players than either of those two, i'm not a fan of signing unathletic players personally. I agree on Fred, definitely think he'll do better in the right system, I can see ETH taking a liking to him.
I'd consider them both press resistant personally, but definitely cumbersome. Who knows how Palhinha'd look in as intense a league as this. Might just flop, but I remember people saying similar about Neves and he's done alright.

What I like about Palhinha is how much he appears to love defending, he looks like someone you'd dread playing against as an attacker and the opposite of Pogba's languid sort of vibe, which is what I think we could do with in the middle.

Someone like that with more mobility like you say would be perfect, but I don't know enough to suggest any. Let's hope our scouts earn their keep this summer and bag us some good'ns.

Andrew7582

I'd consider them both press resistant personally, but definitely cumbersome. Who knows how Palhinha'd look in as intense a league as this. Might just flop, but I remember people saying similar about Neves and he's done alright.

What I like about Palhinha is how much he appears to love defending, he looks like someone you'd dread playing against as an attacker and the opposite of Pogba's languid sort of vibe, which is what I think we could do with in the middle.

Someone like that with more mobility like you say would be perfect, but I don't know enough to suggest any. Let's hope our scouts earn their keep this summer and bag us some good'ns.
Yeah i'm hoping we can pull some rabbits out of the hat this summer, and not just going for the most obvious and overpriced targets.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
People got confused with midfielders role. expecting Bruno to have higher pass completion rates while Neves to have more goal and assist. I think 6 years of Paul Pogba would do that to people (not like i'm blaming pogba)
Funny thing is that Neves’ passing accuracy is pretty damn poor for a holding midfielder. He averages a lower accurate passing % than both Fred and McTominay. Long ball merchant. We need a short game pass king — Frenkie / Fabian type beat

Blood Mage

I think Wolves is his level. Not convinced he'd succeed in a high pressing front foot team. Would take him regardless though just to guarantee an end to the fecking McFred era.

Ralph1386

I haven’t watched much of Neves, would a double-pivot or DM-CM duo of Neves-Dejong do the trick for now?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Reading through a Wolves forum, it would seem Neves has just had arguably his best season with them, they're full of praise.

Seemed to be a slightly different tone last summer where they were talking about the team not suiting him. Was there some sort of tactical shift in how he was used this year?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Reading through a Wolves forum, it would seem Neves has just had arguably his best season with them, they're full of praise.

Seemed to be a slightly different tone last summer where they were talking about the team not suiting him. Was there some sort of tactical shift in how he was used this year?
I think they've tried to be more dominant side now.

Status
Not open for further replies.