Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

Dan_F

Yeah I think we can all think of a few like that. It’s weird, Rugby brings out a very particular type of fan like that. It’s popular enough to fill a pub yet somehow still niche enough that some people feel their world has been invaded when a bunch of “fair weather fans” turn up every international tournament to support their nation. They deal with it by wondering round the pub looking for any banister, stool or fruit machine they haven’t yet cocked their leg against and deposited a few squirts of wisdom onto.

The only thing I can think of that’s comparable is when someone really gets into a new band and then a few years later their second or third album hits the number one spot and any time someone mentions them they just absolutely have to let everyone know that a few tracks from their first album that never got released as singles are their best songs and the drummers name is Bob and they saw them live at a gig which only had 30 people there.
It’s very different to football that’s for sure. I went to my first game at Twickenham for the England v Ireland game in August. Lots of old, middle class guys, with shirts tucked into their jeans, with smart shoes on.

Then on the train, lots of joint friendly songs between the two sets of fans. Was just thinking how England v Ireland with football would be chaos.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You learn something every day!

fadge

A Fanny
Vagina
Pussy
Dick door
fanjita
feck hole number 1
the gateway to hell (in some cases)

Peter -"Aparently according to lisle, sadie has mouldy cheese sandwich fadge flaps."
Petey -"NICE!"
:lol::lol::lol:

I’m only messing mate, I’m teetotal. Never miss the opportunity to call someone a fadge for not drinking at 9am though.

I went on the pop when I was young once, watching rugby at 9am, can’t remember who we were playing. Had about 8 cans by midday. Me and a mate got the train to Manchester about 5pm to go see Radiohead, then went out round Manchester. Not sure what happened but I was woke up by police asleep on the floor at Manchester train station, the one with the palm trees

SqueakyWeasel

:lol::lol::lol:

I’m only messing mate, I’m teetotal. Never miss the opportunity to call someone a fadge for not drinking at 9am though.

I went on the pop when I was young once, watching rugby at 9am, can’t remember who we were playing. Had about 8 cans by midday. Me and a mate got the train to Manchester about 5pm to go see Radiohead, then went out round Manchester. Not sure what happened but I was woke up by police asleep on the floor at Manchester train station, the one with the palm trees
:lol: I seriously had never heard the term (although it was immediately obvious). That's what I found on Urban dictionary.

RoyH1

Great start. They really are setting the tone early on with very physical running

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
itoje's arms seem to be longer than most buses.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The Haka is such a load of pandering bollocks. The way everyone has to stand and watch it. Fines for not obediently standing to watch. No issue with them doing it, but opposition shouldn't be forced to stand and watch nicely. Load of shite.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Dummy runner blocking the tackle
He actually didn’t have any effect on the outcome, the two he blocked were never getting close enough to tackle or intercept but that’s completely irrelevant I guess.