Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

El Zoido

He’s letting SA get away with everything. I’m watching it with a Welshman and even he thinks we’ve been hard done by. :lol:

justboy68

I'm no expert on Rugby but it seems like SA are a bit stronger and more physical than us at the moment. If you're the weaker team physically then you surely have to show better technical skills in handling and passing than England did in that half. Apologies if I'm talking bollocks.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Have I missed the walk in the park that was meant to happen today?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This isn't how I or England thought it would play out. Can the Boks keep this up? No team has lost when leading a World Cup final at half time.

England far too nervous, but that advantage rule is so daft.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Far too many mistakes by England and their scrum is being dominated. Not looking good, they have to improve because SA are much better. All credits to the Boks!

Traub

Have I missed the walk in the park that was meant to happen today?
Still time mate. In the last 10-20 minutes in rugby anything can happen. I’m not sure we can hold this strong defensive line for the full 80

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I got home just for the end of the first half. Are these penalties really unjustified, or is this just moaning? I couldn't argue with the SA scrum penalties I've seen.
Maro Itoje was unlucky not get a penalty for an SA player not releasing but it wasn't in kicking range even for Elliot Daly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
SA only looking dangerous because England have been making silly mistakes under the ball. Which in fairness would have been SA’s plan all along. If England can tidy that up they’ve looked better in open play.

This will be an absolutely gutting final to lose. We don’t really have many cards to play in the front row either with Sinckler going off.
They've looked better in every facet.

England getting bullied.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Still time mate. In the last 10-20 minutes in rugby anything can happen. I’m not sure we can hold this strong defensive line for the full 80
I knows there’s time but it was never going to be easy like a lot said it would be. Hence the shock and moaning from England fans in here I guess

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We didn’t realise you’d buy the referee mate, not our fault.
The referee is bad but he has always been and it benefits/penalises everyone. Earlier in the game, England played the ball on the ground and turned it over in their 22.

Traub

I knows there’s time but it was never going to be easy like a lot said it would be. Hence the shock and moaning from England fans in here I guess
Ya finals are always a cagey nervy affair. Having said that, better handling by England and I think they would’ve gone in ahead at the break.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

England getting bullied.
Which to a nice like me sounds very surprising as the pre match media said England were much ‘stronger’ and it would be SA who would have to come up with plans not to be bullied.

So what’s going on? England haven’t turned up, maybe they have over prepared or didn’t expect SA to be so boss?

Can England sort this out 2nd half?

Darkhorsez

Good luck pulling it off with this SA defense
Yeah doesn’t look great. SA have imposed their style and plan on us. Somehow we need to change this by first cutting out mistakes and then showing discipline on key plays. This is not over yet.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I got home just for the end of the first half. Are these penalties really unjustified, or is this just moaning? I couldn't argue with the SA scrum penalties I've seen.
The penalties haven't been debatable really but refs blowing very quickly on Farrell for holding on but not the same for Etzebeth later. And a lot of hands going in from SA that he's letting go too. Small things that stop momentum, or build it for the other team.

Withnail

You'd have to think there'll be a different England in the second
Jesus Christ all these English fans moaning :lol:

Look how us Springbok fans are watching the game without whining and thinking the ref is out to get us
The fans of the team in the lead rarely complain about the ref for some reason :lol:

Balljy

Not unjustified at all. We're being dominated in the scrum which makes it easy for SA to go for the penalties. The problem in the first half for England has been the backs have been atrocious which when added up to SA slowly accumulating points has caused the scoreline.

If England can get the backs going, the forwards are looking good driving so it could be an interesting match. Can't see how they can do anything about the scrum though with the Sinckler injury early on.

Traub

Both sides have conceded 4 tries each in this tournament.
And England didn’t play their toughest competition in the group stages.

if England win, they would’ve beaten all four rugby championship teams. That’s extremely impressive.

Tarrou

its not the refs fault you're getting smashed in the scrum and can't pass the ball straight

slyadams

England getting bullied.
That’s completely wrong. England have been on SA’s line twice. SA for all their high ball pressure haven’t threatened the line.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A springboks win and a United win away to Bournemouth would cap a good start to my Saturday

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I've been working with lots of SA folks for the past year and they have rolling power cuts, I don't think they have any spare cash for buying a ref :lol:

That’s why they keep having power cuts. Country spends all its money on cheating in sport.

They’re just too rubbish at everything else for it to matter much.