Rugby World Cup 2019 aka Squishy McSquish goes into a meltdown thread

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Who is taking over Ireland after Joe Schmidt leaves?
I was just thinking about where Schmidt would go now that Gatland got the Chiefs job, after Schmidt being linked with them forever. I suppose that it's going to be the Blues or the Hurricanes.

You will have O'Gara in the near future, if french clubs don't throw incredible amounts of money at him.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I was just thinking about where Schmidt would go now that Gatland got the Chiefs job, after Schmidt being linked with them forever. I suppose that it's going to be the Blues or the Hurricanes.

You will have O'Gara in the near future, if french clubs don't throw incredible amounts of money at him.
Yep, O'Gara looks the man, and he's building a coaching career in a very sensible and impressive way.

Schmidt is taking time out for his family. It'll be at least a year, but who knows, he may never come back to management.

RedDevilRoshi

Lucky the scoreline isn’t heavier. Ireland are just too strong. We can’t seem to defend against their powerful forwards.

It’s been a typical Townsend performance. Not getting the basics right, can’t defend, playing way too expansively when it’s just best to keep it simple and build up a few phases.

If Ireland really step it up in this 2nd half, it’s going to get nasty and I’m going to hide behind my couch!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Yep, O'Gara looks the man, and he's building a coaching career in a very sensible and impressive way.

Schmidt is taking time out for his family. It'll be at least a year, but who knows, he may never come back to management.
I think I heard something about him changing his plans not to move back home after his mother died, I can see him moving to France in a year or 2.

O Gara is building towards Munster I'm having none of this Ireland talk.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Lucky the scoreline isn’t heavier. Ireland are just too strong. We can’t seem to defend against their powerful forwards.

It’s been a typical Townsend performance. Not getting the basics right, can’t defend, playing way too expansively when it’s just best to keep it simple and build up a few phases.

If Ireland really step it up in this 2nd half, it’s going to get nasty and I’m going to hide behind my couch!
Conditions are appaling now though. Probably not going to be a high-scoring half.

JPRouve

Scout
I keep mixing Best's head and the ball.

RedDevilRoshi

Ahhhh right. It sounded funny at first a hooker coming on there.
It did but Brown has played a few games for Glasgow at number 7. Townsend picked a very experienced lineup. I’d love wee Darcy Graham to come on for Seymour.

Conditions are appaling now though. Probably not going to be a high-scoring half.
You might be right but I think you have taken your foot off the gas a bit. We are there for a hammering if you want it.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
It did but Brown has played a few games for Glasgow at number 7. Townsend picked a very experienced lineup. I’d love wee Darcy Graham to come on for Seymour.

You might be right but I think you have taken your foot off the gas a bit. We are there for a hammering if you want it.
Foot off the gas a bit will also be a strategy I reckon. We're defending well and you'll have to be very, very good to get enough scores in these conditions.

JPRouve

Scout
Why Scotland are that light? I have never seen a "normal" forward pack for Scotland.

RedDevilRoshi

Why Scotland are that light? I have never seen a "normal" forward pack for Scotland.

This has been one of our main weaknesses for years, probably before I even started watching rugby. I don’t know how but we never seem to produce a good, strong set of forwards.

AaronRedDevil

It's nice being from a country that's actually one of the best in a sport. For a change hah. C'mon Ireland!

JPRouve

Scout
This has been one of our main weaknesses for years, probably before I even started watching rugby. I don’t know how but we never seem to produce a good, strong set of forwards.
Tell me if I'm wrong but when Cotter joined Scotland french reporters were following him and one of the surprise was that Scotland didn't spend much on Rugby and lacked basic things like a scrum simulator and in general top infrastructures. Is that a correct view?

RedDevilRoshi

Tell me if I'm wrong but when Cotter joined Scotland french reporters were following him and one of the surprise was that Scotland didn't spend much on Rugby and lacked basic things like a scrum simulator and in general top infrastructures. Is that a correct view?
Genuinely not sure tbh.

Rugby isn’t really taken seriously in Scotland and isn’t really that well funded. Football and golf are the two main sports that everyone plays in Scotland. Rugby, only a handful but again it’s not a major sport compared to the main two - football & golf

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Scottish sport in general is in a dire place right now but that’s for another thread I suppose.