Rugby World Cup Thread

redfanatic

Bloody brilliant night! Wallabies 22-10 over the sheep shaggers! Greatest rugby game i've seen in ages. Bring on the poms or the frogs!!! :D :D :D

The whole country is going crazy!!! :D :D :D

kkcbl

redfanatic said:
Bloody brilliant night! Wallabies 22-10 over the sheep shaggers! Greatest rugby game i've seen in ages. Bring on the poms or the frogs!!! :D :D :D

The whole country is going crazy!!! :D :D :D
Australia was brilliant, both defensively & attack - hardly put a foot wrong - coupled with NZ having their poorest game in a long time - it was no contest at all!

Well done Australia!

mjdj

:D WALTZING MALTILDA!!!!!!

what a night!
i have no voice, been drinking since 7 and had simply the best time ever.
ill post my thoughts on the game when i sober up, but i just had to laugh at the keewees while im still pumped :lol: :lol: :lol:

the atmosphere tonight was simply surreal, when the anthem was played there was almost tears of excitement ( weird huh!). so amped, the look on phil waughs face said it all. singing waltzing matilda through the haka was good, show the keewees this australia and we arent scared. singing waltzing matilda for the last 5 mins, was in tears, was sitting right next to the wallabies thanks to my good friend on the inside. the emotion in the box was simply amazing, never experienced it before. cant wait till next saturday when ill be sitting with the boys as we strive for back to back, and baby thats a fact!

rOnaldo[7]

mjdj said:
:D WALTZING MALTILDA!!!!!!

what a night!
i have no voice, been drinking since 7 and had simply the best time ever.
ill post my thoughts on the game when i sober up, but i just had to laugh at the keewees while im still pumped :lol: :lol: :lol:

the atmosphere tonight was simply surreal, when the anthem was played there was almost tears of excitement ( weird huh!). so amped, the look on phil waughs face said it all. singing waltzing matilda through the haka was good, show the keewees this australia and we arent scared. singing waltzing matilda for the last 5 mins, was in tears, was sitting right next to the wallabies thanks to my good friend on the inside. the emotion in the box was simply amazing, never experienced it before. cant wait till next saturday when ill be sitting with the boys as we strive for back to back, and baby thats a fact!
when is the final and where can i get the ticket ?

mjdj

rOnaldo[7] said:
when is the final and where can i get the ticket ?
next saturday night - chances of you getting a ticket, minimal. she is all sold out.althought you could spend about 500 from a scalper :yawn:
i only got 2 tickets thanks to a good friend in camp wallaby :D

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
Glad you had a good night mjdj but watching the game on Channel 7 you were outsung by the poms and we were'nt even playing.

Swing Low Sweet Chariot was sang with as much noise at Waltzing Matilda.

As for the Haka, what is it with that. I have no problem with Kiwi's using it in NZ, it's part of their cultural heritage and rugby tradition, and that I respect. I don't believe they should do it overseas though, may as well have the Aussies pointing the bone at them, or the English doing a spot of Morris dancing or summat.

rOnaldo[7]

mjdj said:
next saturday night - chances of you getting a ticket, minimal. she is all sold out.althought you could spend about 500 from a scalper :yawn:
i only got 2 tickets thanks to a good friend in camp wallaby :D
:(

i will save my $$$ for Davis Cup then

wolf man

ellie brown said:
YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

WE WIN!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:keano: :keano: sorry snooks,

BYE BYE BOKKIE!!!!! :angel:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we are great at these funny odd shaped ball games !

beat the kiwi's and the poms in the space of 12 hours .....yyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :keano:

Jacqueline_S

Banned Jackie Chan lookalike
should that be a try for the Frenchies? Seriously, I saw Betsen graping
the England guy's arm only... :smirk:

kkcbl

Congrats to England for trouncing the French.

The French were piss poor but the fact is England won all 24 points through one player - Wilkinson's kicking - which made for a very boring match.

Seems Rugby can never get away from this fact that a team can win a match purely on the kicking of one man despite increasing the points for a try so many times & that's why its popularity will always suffer!

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
kkcbl said:

The French were piss poor but the fact is England won all 24 points through one player - Wilkinson's kicking - which made for a very boring match.

Seems Rugby can never get away from this fact that a team can win a match purely on the kicking of one man despite increasing the points for a try so many times & that's why its popularity will always suffer!
...and its not even worth mentioning the game was played in terential rain and gale force winds.

well done England, lets thrash wallie cnuts in their backyard.

kkcbl

Rams said:
...and its not even worth mentioning the game was played in terential rain and gale force winds.

well done England, lets thrash wallie cnuts in their backyard.
No doubt that the conditions were terrible - but England adapted well, didn't they?

My point still stands that Rugby can be, & is still often won by one very good kicker - minus his 2 drop kicks, Wilkinson's penalty conversions still amassed more points than France's one try!

Honest John

Not surprised about the lack of try's given the weather. Englands forwards were outstanding though. And Wilkonson inspired. Were they fired up before the game or what. Did you see their faces during the anthem?

mancred

kkcbl said:

Boring match?

:wenger: :houllier:

Jopub the Gooner

Arsenal - The IMMortals.....Sounds very nice ( and
kkcbl said:
No doubt that the conditions were terrible - but England adapted well, didn't they?

My point still stands that Rugby can be, & is still often won by one very good kicker - minus his 2 drop kicks, Wilkinson's penalty conversions still amassed more points than France's one try!
Your point does not stand at all. :nono: :wenger: :wenger:

Englands forward play and huge perpetual pressure on the French backs was magnificent. That why there were so many penalties that Wilkinson duly converted and that's what he is there for. The conditions dictated a kicking game and England adapted to it and although not the most free flowing Rugby, they were terrific. The French were finished with 30 minutes to go - they could not withstand the the 'terrier' tackling of the the English - there's was hardly a moment the French had the ball in their hands for longer than a split second.

Next weeks final should be a cracker and we have every chance to win it

C'mon England

kkcbl

From a neutral's ( who doesn't support France or England ), it was a boring match - from an English point of view, it was the best match ever! :p

Putting aside the 'technical beauty' of the match, tries thrill, penalties don't - & the Rugby International Board must agree with this point, seeing how they've increased the points scored for a try, from 3 to 4 & now to 5! :)