Rummenigge: Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Bayerns chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge critisizing Manchester United for their behaviour in Bastian Schweinsteigers case.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, chairman of Bayern Munich: "Something like this (he is refering to the treatment, not only to the fact that Bastian is asked to leave!) has never happened at Bayern Munich. I couldn't even believe it. Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this (United), where you are forced to leave against your own will."

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Bang on. It's a dickhead move by Mourinho, simply put.

Womp

idiot
I have to agree. Think even if you're not going to play him often, having Bastian around the players will do wonders for them. He's won everything and is a leader.

ZupZup

So... a manager has never taken over at Bayern and told a player they were no longer wanted? Very hard to believe.

TsuWave

I said the same thing in the "mourinho's treatment of schweinsteiger" thread. It is really not a good look for us

Robbie Boy

Another fecking Schweinsteiger related thread. Christ. Mourinho doesn't want him, get over it.

settembrini

That's like saying I would refuse to join a company because one time they sacked someone.

032Devil

They got rid of him and joked about us buying an injury-prone player. Besides every new manager, whether at United or Bayern decide if they're going to keep or sell a player bought by his predecessor - its no different with them.

Kag

I just dislike how one (or more) dickhead(s) in our squad run off to the press to tell stories and suddenly people believe it's gospel that one of the most professional and talented midfielders of his generation is suddenly a lazy so-and-so that spent the final months of last season on holiday pissing about outside of the country with a bad attitude. One side of the story is clearly enough for some people.

This entire situation is just silly.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah it never happened at Munich but you've had no problem helping Heynckes to 'retire' after he won the treble nor was it problematic for you to let Pep get rid of Wolfhardt. Fantastic traditions indeed.

But let Rummenigge peddle his shit.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Bang on. It's a dickhead move by Mourinho, simply put.
:confused: Managers do this all the time in football. Mourinho didn't buy him and won't be playing him, what exactly is dickheadish about telling a player to leave because you know he won't be playing for you?
I have to agree. Think even if you're not going to play him often, having Bastian around the players will do wonders for them. He's won everything and is a leader.
Oh come on, he's one of our highest earners. What's the point in keeping a player who's going to soak up wages that you know you won't play?

People are far too sentimental about this shit, over a player who's done zero for us. God knows what the caf would be like if Mourinho did a Beckham or RvN.

United 4 Life

Didn't Bayern only months ago tell Gotze to leave as he was not in the new manager's plans?

Classical Mechanic

It isn't a good example if they perceive him to be going back to Germany all the time and following his wife around the world to watch tennis instead of getting fit. Which is what is rumoured to have happened.

zlatan_ish

juventino
Supports
La Vecchia Signora
Bayerns chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge critisizing Manchester United for their behaviour in Bastian Schweinsteigers case.

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, chairman of Bayern Munich: "Something like this has never happened at Bayern Munich. I couldn't even believe it. Some players may think about it in future, to join a club like this (United), where you are forced to leave against your own will."
Sure sure. :lol:

GBBQ

He's just trying to plant a seed of doubt in any players who might be on United's radar (Muller maybe?).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So... a manager has never taken over at Bayern and told a player they were no longer wanted? Very hard to believe.
He was more than just "told he wasn't wanted". He's been cast away from training with the squad and his locker reportedly moved.

All for what, being allowed to take trips to Germany when injured and watch his gf play tennis. It's not what we like to see, but it was allowed under LVG. Don't attack Schweinsteiger all of a sudden when he hasn't had a chance to play under Mourinhos rules to prove he can adapt. It's daft.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn't Bayern only months ago tell Gotze to leave as he was not in the new manager's plans?
The player pretty much begged to stay and they told him he wont play a single minute, so it'll be better to leave. Fcuking hypocrites :lol:

Kag

It isn't a good example if they perceive him to be going back to Germany all the time and following his wife around the world to watch tennis instead of getting fit. Which is what is rumoured to have happened.
Yeah, this is what I mean. One or more arseholes in our squad with a bit of clout have peddled this and suddenly it's gospel.

Womp

idiot
:confused: Managers do this all the time in football. Mourinho didn't buy him and won't be playing him, what exactly is dickheadish about telling a player to leave because you know he won't be playing for you?

Oh come on, he's one of our highest earners. What's the point in keeping a player who's going to soak up wages that you know you won't play?

People are far too sentimental about this shit, over a player who's done zero for us. God knows what the caf would be like if Mourinho did a Beckham or RvN.
Of course, not justifying any of it, but also would have understood if the club did decide to keep him for my mentioned reason. The guy is a legend to the game, could have also been handled much better imo.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
What's this idiot talking about? Schweinsteiger left Bayern after being told there was no place for him at his home club and most recently they all but threw Mario Gotze on the street.

It's not like their shit smells like cologne.

Marcelinho87

Meh if Mourinho doesn't want then what is he supposed to do? Plus if reports of him spending more time in Germany than here were true then he obviously wasn't that fussed himself.

Sir A1ex

A player leaving a club against his will? Yeah pretty sure that's never happened before.

I want to play for United myself, but Mou won't have me. Disgusting.

United 4 Life

The player pretty much begged to stay and they told him he wont play a single minute, so it'll be better to leave. Fcuking hypocrites :lol:
From what I can tell we haven't made anything public. Rummenigge was very vocal (publicly) about Gotze.

Murray3007

Bit of a weird comment considering the same basically happened to Gotze within the last month, simply put schweinsteiger was poor last season and always injured, Mourinho cant take that chance this season, so no real surprise he aint going to be in his plans.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Name me one player cast away to train with reserves before the manager even analyses him in training.

I can only think of Values for refusing to gain match fitness in reserves, and Anderson for going to Brazil for a holiday without permission as the closest examples.

izec

Telling a player he is not wanted is fine (Götze). But degrading a German legend to the reserves is another story. Cant people see the difference? Sure Rummenigge is obviously taking a dig and talking a bit bollocks, but there is still a difference between how you handle such situations.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Haven't a lot of the stories about him been saying the opposite though? Lots of journos were saying the squad were fed up of him being absent and getting preferential treatment. Hard to know what is and isn't true, but if the squad were fed up of him doing what he wants, then it's best we are rid of him.

But also, if the stories are true that his locker was taken away and he was made to train alone or with the kids, then that's shitty, and there are better ways to that.

It's hard to know what has and hasn't been distorted by the press.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
A club has every right to put players on the transfer market especially if they can't deliver. However sending them in the reserves is a dickhead move.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Rummenigge would do well to keep his fecking mouth shut and mind his own business.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
What's this idiot talking about? Schweinsteiger left Bayern after being told there was no place for him at his home club and most recently they all but threw Mario Gotze on the street.

It's not like their shit smells like cologne.

Well i think it's about how they did it. The treatment. Götze was not forced to leave the first team, his locker wasn't moved, he had plenty of chances to prove himself etc. They just told him that he probably wouldn't get much playtime (so he would be on the bench as he was last season).

Last edited:

kps88

Pretty sure he's talking about reports of Bastian training with the reserves (which he claims has never happened at Bayern). Not the fact that he's been asked to leave. You should add that in the title and OP as it's very misleading at the moment.

Lets face it, if Giggs or Scholes left to join Bayern and were forced to train with the reserves a season later, our response would have been similar.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Name me one player cast away to train with reserves before the manager even analyses him in training.

I can only think of Values for refusing to gain match fitness in reserves, and Anderson for going to Brazil for a holiday without permission as the closest examples.
Of course he's analysed him, maybe not in training, but he obviously has. Mourinho and his coaches know their shit. They clearly don't see the point in having a blatantly past it, heavily injury prone footballer who is on huge wages at the club anymore.
Of course, not justifying any of it, but also would have understood if the club did decide to keep him for my mentioned reason. The guy is a legend to the game, could have also been handled much better imo.
I don't really care if he's a legend of the game because he certainly hasn't been a legend for us and doesn't exactly look likely to be. I don't see the point in keeping a player. it'd be different if it was a long term servant to the club like Fergie did with Neville etc. but Schweinstiger has been here a year and delivered sweet bugger all to us.

It possibly could have been handled better but the club probably want to make it public that he's available. Maybe they could have done that in a better way. Maybe Mourinho didn't have to drop him to the reserves, but overall I see little wrong with it.

Zoo

Well i think it's about how they did it. Götze was not forced to leave the first team etc. They just told him that he probably wouldn't get much playtime (so he would be on the bench as he was last season).
And Mourinho doesn't see Schweinsteiger as part of his plans so there is no point having him involved with the first team squad especially when a new project has just started.

ZupZup

He was more than just "told he wasn't wanted". He's been cast away from training with the squad and his locker reportedly moved.

All for what, being allowed to take trips to Germany when injured and watch his gf play tennis. It's not what we like to see, but it was allowed under LVG. Don't attack Schweinsteiger all of a sudden when he hasn't had a chance to play under Mourinhos rules to prove he can adapt. It's daft.
They moved his locker and told him that he won't be training with the first team because he doesn't feature in the manager's plans?

I like Schweinsteiger and would be more than happy if he stayed but excuse me if my heart doesn't bleed for a guy on 200k a week who has had to move a locker and train with the development team... not exactly a hardship is it?

Bayern have got rid of plenty of players in the past they didn't want. Criticising Man Utd under these circumstances is just hypocrisy.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I hope Woodie ramps up his email bids for Muller again, spam the feck out of him.