Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

tomaldinho1

What would be the purpose of leaking this stuff to reddit or what have you rather than clandestinely handing it off to Russians without anyone else being any the wiser? Doesn't feel like the actions of a mole.

Feels strange.
Personally I think it’s a deliberate leak because there isn’t going to be a spring offensive. If people then in any way criticise UA for this lack of offensive, the US says ‘sorry our bad, leak came from our side’ and there’s not really anything more can be said. Meanwhile UA gets more precious time and more training.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers
What was Russia's latest succesful occupation in this war? I think it was Severodonetsk-Lysychansk in June/July. If Bahkmut holds, the RA will get to a year long without any significant advance. And it's not like they're just defending their gains, since they have lost territories in Kherson, Donetsk and Lugansk in the process.

ExoduS

Well, you know that NATO has not entered the fight yet, right? NATO can use its air force to help Ukraine, if needed. Like NATO used its airforce to help stop the genocide caused by the Serbs in the 1990s. If Russia wins, Ukraine will face genocide, too. We cannot allow another genocide in Europe.
I thought Russians are already commiting a genocide? More Ukrainians already have died than in entire Yugo conflict that lasted 4 years.

I'm waiting for NATO to enter the fight. Surprised it is taking good guys this long to react.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Russia can't win anymore. Their only chance was the "take Kiev in 3 days" plan. That failed miserably and now the question remains how long can Russia hold out in Ukraine. Ukraine will never stop fighting until the russian occupying forces leave their sovereign territory. Similar to the Taliban in Afghanistan. No matter how long it takes. One year, 3 years, 20 years. At some point, it'll become too expensive to occupy a warzone. Russia and USA faced that problem in Afghanistan. But on the other side if you fight for your homeland, you have no timelimit, you are patient.
Russia tried to destroy Ukranian morale with their missiles and energy terror, but that also failed and even strengthened their resolve. There is nothing Russia can do anymore except from go nuclear, which they won't do, because then Nato would immediately create a no fly zone in Ukraine.
So the only question is, how long the war will continue and how many people have to die until Putin acknowledges that he can't control Ukraine and leave them as they did in Afghanistan back in the days.
Problem is Putin himself will never stop, as he doesn't view Ukraine as a real country, nor does he view ukranians as real people either.

He might not be insane, but that public "conversation" he had with his chief spy over a year ago doesn't strike me as a guy who is grounded in reality either.

RedDevilQuebecois

Agreed. They're already quite inept and lacking in high skilled troops and weapons, so a proper Ukrainian counteroffensive with NATO quality weapons will be hard to repel.
I'm already waiting for a proper blitzkrieg on that one. The last time that an army trained through Russian/Soviet doctrine faced Western-style blitzkrieg, the war was over within 100 hours of battle.

stevoc

I thought Russians are already commiting a genocide? More Ukrainians already have died than in entire Yugo conflict that lasted 4 years.

I'm waiting for NATO to enter the fight. Surprised it is taking good guys this long to react.
No one should ever want any war let alone a war between nuclear powers.

NATO won't be getting involved directly unless Russia do something like cross the Nuclear line. Even for a regime defined by their incompetence that would be a really stupid move.

RedDevilQuebecois

I wonder who they suspect? They must have someone in mind if it's a real leak. One of the MAGA lot on the Russian payroll?
If that's the case, I would not give that traitor the benefit of a trial. Two bullets to the head, the corpse hung to a lamp post, and a sign that says "traitor to my country" hung around the neck.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If that's the case, I would not give that traitor the benefit of a trial. Two bullets to the head, the corpse hung to a lamp post, and a sign that says "traitor to my country" hung around the neck.
How civilised of you.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
You are writing this only because a number of Barca fans have migrated into this topic to evade their own “war”.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Could this "leak" maybe just be a way to inform the public about such plans without upsetting official channels? And while they're at it, they might also have added some false information about Ukrainian military to confuse Russia. (At least that's what I'm hoping for.)

edit: impressive figures from Poland.

Last edited:

Stookie

Nurse bell end

The only reason NATO hasn’t officially gone in yet is the threat of escalation. Putin is a madman, it would be the perfect excuse for him. Plus it gives him even more propaganda material to say Russia is under threat. If it wasn’t a nuclear power that had tried to March in then I think NATO would have gone in. As it is, they’re doing the only thing they can at the moment-provide weapons, training and intelligence. It’s a slippery slope at the moment.

Spark

Could this "leak" maybe just be a way to inform the public about such plans without upsetting official channels? And while they're at it, they might also have added some false information about Ukrainian military to confuse Russia. (At least that's what I'm hoping for.)
Does feel like that. Also, if it’s a Russian spy leaking it then they’ve given the game away doing it so publicly (on fecking Minecraft discord lol).

At least when the US and UK released intel in the run up to the war it was done by the very top and openly. The effect of that was to galvanise support for Ukraine, which worked. Not sure how this “leak” actually helps Russia in the long run.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
That's class
The british soliders knows more than anyone where the ukranian counterparts are going and that one they it could be them. Some of them will die and maybe very soon

Who knows the stories that they shared and why they are in the ukranian service. they know what they are facing. Top notch class

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
An important update on (ex-)internal Russian politics — they’ve just introduced the law that equals internet draft subpoena to a real one. And if before you’ve had to personally sign for it, now the very fact of your account on gosuslugi (government services) website receiving a notice means that you've "received" it.

Those with "received" draft subpoenas can't leave the country as well as do some vital stuff (like taking credits, selling or buying a flat or a car etc.).

Things are going very well for the Russian army's enrollment it seems.

Last edited:

dove

An important update on (ex-)internal Russian politics — they’ve just introduced the law that equals internet draft subpoena to a real one. And if before you’ve had to personally sign for it, now the very fact of your account on gosuslugi (government services) website receiving a notice means that you've "received" it.

Those with "received" draft subpoenas can't leave the country as well as do some vital stuff (like taking a credit, selling or buying a flat or a far etc.).

That is one way to get a lot of "volunteers".

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
“The important thing is to not be scared”

what a boss
On one hand yes definitely
On the other it's just a trivial knowledge about challenging manual tasks. If you become insecure, you will feck up.

The Firestarter

Those with "received" draft subpoenas can't leave the country as well as do some vital stuff (like taking credits, selling or buying a flat or a car etc.).

And a very easy way to serve practically every eligible male.

The United

Has this been posted already? Seems like the US has much lower killed estimations than many here seem to assume, for both sides. If this whole thing is real, which seems to be a bit up in the air.

Many here got those numbers from places where they assume or exaggerate numbers for obvious reasons. I have been saying this for a long time. It seems more like a 1: 2 ratio in terms of causality from those leaked documents, and I think that is a bit closer to the truth. People talk about how many Russians died in places like Bakhmut, but it could destroy most of UA's reserve as well. There is no way UA troops can come out of there with minimal loss with the whole sh*t going on there for months. Hence, we didn't hear anything about the so-called counterattack. They should probably wait until the summer.

Carolina Red

Staff
On one hand yes definitely
On the other it's just a trivial knowledge about challenging manual tasks. If you become insecure, you will feck up.
Well, yeah… but that first hand you mentioned is booby trapped hand grenade in a room full of land mines.

That dude couldn’t sneak up behind you on account of his brass balls clacking together

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Front page of Reddit or on r/UkraineWarVideoReport there is a video of Russians behading a Ukrainian POW with a fecking knife

Not that i reccomend anyone watching that shite, but if it gets enough mainstream attention then it might spark enough outrage that NATO countries + the rest gets a bit more generous and start sending ATACM's, fighter jets etc

bbest

The Caf's worst songwriter
Front page of Reddit or on r/UkraineWarVideoReport there is a video of Russians behading a Ukrainian POW with a fecking knife

Not that i reccomend anyone watching that shite, but if it gets enough mainstream attention then it might spark enough outrage that NATO countries + the rest gets a bit more generous and start sending ATACM's, fighter jets etc
Yes, I saw a bit of the video, the beginning. POW was struggling. I urge most do not watch it. War is horrible.