Russian invasion of Ukraine | Fewer tweets, more discussion

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

The treason continues, dems needs to vote this down, not only does Israel not need aid, dems have to make it clear that Israel doesn't get anything if Ukraine doesn't get anything.

Unfortunately, dems love Israel to much to vote against it, and so, they will have no leverage for Ukraine.

the_cliff

Is there a thread for the whole Tucker Carlson in Russia thing ? Or do we just talk about it here. It seems he's interviewed Putin.

Don't Kill Bill

That's a lot for just one day.
"The first day of the Somme was the deadliest day in British military history – of the 57,470 British casualties, 19,240 men had been killed."

Got to be wrong with the time there. I know it has turned into trench warfare but still.

RedDevilQuebecois

Is there a thread for the whole Tucker Carlson in Russia thing ? Or do we just talk about it here. It seems he's interviewed Putin.
I think I put it in the Low (I.)Q. Republicans thread.

God knows. I'm sure he's done his image well by doing that (not that it could really get any worse).

Question is, will he even be allowed back ?
You have to wonder when and if the current US authorities can give Cucker the same treatment as Allies gave to Mildred "Axis Sally" Gillars and William "Lord Haw-Haw" Joyce. That guy is the definition of a propagandist working on purpose for an enemy in a context where there are no diplomatic relations between the US and the other side. To be very honest, the ultimatum to Cucker should be pretty clear: either you will have to live in permanent exile or you will be arrested for treason upon return to the US. That is how things should be with that vile scumbag.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
A Russian Bank Account May Offer Clues to a North Korean Arms Deal

Moscow may be trying to help Pyongyang with access to the international financial system in exchange for missiles and ammunition, U.S.-allied intelligence officials suggest.

Russia has allowed the release of $9 million out of $30 million in frozen North Korean assets deposited in a Russian financial institution, according to the intelligence officials, money that they say the impoverished North will use to buy crude oil.

In addition, a North Korean front company recently opened an account at another Russian bank, the intelligence officials say, evidence that Moscow may be helping Pyongyang get around U.N. sanctions that prohibit most banks from doing business with North Korea. Those sanctions have choked the North’s economy and largely shut the country off from international financial networks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/06/world/asia/north-korea-russia-missiles-bank.html

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Sadly there will still be plenty of people who won't see the insane hypocrisy is what he is spewing there. I'd love John Stewart to tear him new one for that video alone. P.s. sometimes I swear Tucker and Piers are the same person.

RedDevilQuebecois

Claims half way through that western media outlets are corrupt - then proceeds to platform Vladimir Putin.
American authorities should outright step up with a warning: either Carlson lives in exile forever or he will be arrested upon his return on charges of being a foreign agent of a hostile nation.

Instead of hiding behind "free" speech as a justification to not take any action against him, I wish more people out there remember what had to be done against the likes of Lord Haw-Haw (executed for high treason), Axis Sally (12 years in prison) and Tokyo Rose (6 years in prison). Those 3 people did their share of damage against Allied civilians and troops, and yet they don't hold a candle to Carlson.

the_cliff

American authorities should outright step up with a warning: either Carlson lives in exile forever or he will be arrested upon his return on charges of being a foreign agent of a hostile nation.

Instead of hiding behind "free" speech as a justification to not take any action against him, I wish more people out there remember what had to be done against the likes of Lord Haw-Haw (executed for high treason), Axis Sally (12 years in prison) and Tokyo Rose (6 years in prison). Those 3 people did their share of damage against Allied civilians and troops, and yet they don't hold a candle to Carlson.
Or maybe, just say nothing and arrest him when he reaches American soil....

SirAF

Ageist

This, 100%.

RedDevilQuebecois

Or maybe, just say nothing and arrest him when he reaches American soil....
That would be good for me too. Something has to be done after all the shit he has stirred across North America and even in Europe.

edit: THIS below is what Christiane Amanpour - a true journalist and top class interviewer had to say about.

Last edited:

RedDevilQuebecois

What exact crime is he committing to be arrested?
Treason.

18 U.S.C. § 2381 said:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
William "Lord Haw-Haw" Joyce and Mildred "Axis Sally" Gillars were convicted on charges of treason albeit their respective sentences are very different in outcome.

DT12

Supports
Everton
Treason.

William "Lord Haw-Haw" Joyce and Mildred "Axis Sally" Gillars were convicted on charges of treason albeit their respective sentences are very different in outcome.
The United States government continues to do billions of dollars of trade with Russia and you want Tucker Carlson executed for treason for interviewing Putin.

I've said it before in this thread and I'll say it again (and it's been further enhanced by some of the profoundly disturbing posts in the Israel thread by the same people) - some of you self-described "defenders of freedom and democracy" are scary people.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
That would be good for me too. Something has to be done after all the shit he has stirred across North America and even in Europe.

edit: THIS below is what Christiane Amanpour - a true journalist and top class interviewer had to say about.

Christiane hits the nail on the head. Why of all journos does Tucker get the do an interview with him. Hardly a beacon of independent (or good) journalism.

Son

Notice when he said 100’s of thousands dead he didn’t mention anything about Russian troops?

Some not all Republicans are just traitors. This guy would have interviewed Hitler during the Holocaust and said Jews are doing just fine.

NotThatSoph

I don't know if people in this thread are trolling or losing it. Tucker Carlson interviewing Vladimir Putin is of course not treason.

RedDevilQuebecois

Guess what Putin did after Cucker's so-called interview.

The US CBP agents better get prepared to arrest Cucker at the airport now.

Spark

Steve Rosenberg is the BBC's Russian correspondent and lives in Moscow, would he be committing treason if he successfully managed to interview Putin (something that he's confirmed to have tried multiple times and rightly so)?

Tucker is a twat, but he hasn't committed treason. It's just telling that Putin has agreed to an interview with him.

Also, I can't tell whether Tucker's audience accepts his barefaced lie that "Western journalists" have actively tried to ignore Putin by not speaking to him or whether this is just one massive contrarian troll by morons. "Zelensky has been interviewed countless times" - yeah no shit. Guess what, he hasn't been interviewed once by Russia-1 has he.

Boycott

Tucker Carlson on the other hand has proven to be so very impartial on this war :rolleyes:

I guess that the Kremlin spokespeople even have come out to deny one of his claims in the teaser is something. It played up to his audience of westerners who side with authoritarian strong men like Putin and Orban and want Trump back to claim only he sought out an interview with Putin.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Treason.

The gift that keeps on giving :lol:.

Your abiity to jump to the wrong conclusions and cite the wrong historic examples to justify them will never cease to amaze me. Also, the US is not at war with Russia.

On a side note, there's a few republican congress members and senators who would be happy to end this war right here, right now, no matter how much Ukraine would lose in the process. Some of them also actively blocking the bill for Ukrainian aid. I suppose we can include some democrats in the mix too. You want them dead or exiled too?

I'm really no fan of Carlson and all in favor of helping Ukraine, but there's indeed scary people here.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Not particularly encouraging when Peskov is fact checking Tucker's tweet.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Steve Rosenberg is the BBC's Russian correspondent and lives in Moscow, would he be committing treason if he successfully managed to interview Putin (something that he's confirmed to have tried multiple times and rightly so)?

Tucker is a twat, but he hasn't committed treason. It's just telling that Putin has agreed to an interview with him.

Also, I can't tell whether Tucker's audience accepts his barefaced lie that "Western journalists" have actively tried to ignore Putin by not speaking to him or whether this is just one massive contrarian troll by morons. "Zelensky has been interviewed countless times" - yeah no shit. Guess what, he hasn't been interviewed once by Russia-1 has he.
The MAGA base have been gradually sold the line that Putin isn't a bad guy for a few years now. The likes of Tucker and a few others have been spoonfeeding them this narrative on a daily basis through their various shows on Fox and Talk Radio.

There's also been extensive research done on Putin's attempt to weaken the US by leveraging amenable US key influencers (aka useful idiots) to butter up the American public on pro-Russia topics.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/russian-meddling-united-states-historical-context-mueller-report