Ryan Giggs charged with assaulting two women...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

Ryan is a weird one. Players facing demons tend to throw their career to the shitters ( Maradona, Best, Gazza, Balotelli, Adriano style). Giggs had been an absolute professional with us both in terms of taking care of himself and in terms of how he treated the club. He's an example of how a player should act. Then you have these weird stories coming out.

I think that the guy needs some serious help as there's something not quite right in his head. I also believe that he's being targeted as well. There are many people out there who would love to exploit a rich person and Giggs is an easy prey at this point.

So if I was Ryan I would first get myself sorted then I'd leave the UK for good. He should go somewhere were few people tend to follow football and know his story/weaknesses.
That's just like assuming every serial killer would be a misfit and deranged person. Most of the time they are just normal people like you and me.

ROFLUTION

He’s been charged so basically means he’s been accused. I’m glad these lot in here aren’t in charge of the law otherwise everyone would be locked up before they’re found guilty!
This thread feels like 10 pages of finding Giggs guilty before even had a trial.

Surely there could also be sketchy motives for the involved women to accuse him, like Jonny Evans was falsely accused of rape back in the day. Giggs is probably the "easiest" to accuse of such things as he has a terrible backstory.

Yes, I am defending his right for a fair trial, shoot me RedCafe. Not defending his actions, if this is true however. But that we simply can't know just now without a trial.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You don't hit a woman even with a flower Giggsy, you prick.
PRESUMING that he did it, of course.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
This thread feels like 10 pages of finding Giggs guilty before even had a trial.

Surely there could also be sketchy motives for the involved women to accuse him, like Jonny Evans was falsely accused of rape back in the day. Giggs is probably the "easiest" to accuse of such things as he has a terrible backstory.

Yes, I am defending his right for a fair trial, shoot me RedCafe. Not defending his actions, if this is true however. But that we simply can't know just now without a trial.
You have no problem assigning the blame (sketcht motives) on the girls, yet it's innocent before trial for giggs.

Talking bout double standard.

fergieisold

Certainly not somebody you'd like as a neighbour. This is a trait of his character we keep seeing again and again; he says he''ll be pleading "not guilty" but I remember he completely denied the thing with his brothers wife when it first came to light. Ive never thought Giggs was the sharpest knife in the draw and I supported him re the affair with his brothers wife but later it came out that it had been going for several years. It seems he has a serious problem regarding women and needs help but Ive given up on him now.
For me the coercive and controlling behaviour makes everything so much worse too. I could almost understand a rush of blood to the head type of assault...but controlling behaviour over a long period towards a women is really awful...those kind of guys are not right in the head.

klayton88

Feared by the screws, loved by the cons, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs.

ROFLUTION

Insulting another member
You have no problem assigning the blame (sketcht motives) on the girls, yet it's innocent before trial for giggs.

Talking bout double standard.
Feck off, dont be a simpleton and put me In a box like that. You have to look at motives for everything and these motives from the other part of the trial of what also could be reality has barely been mentioned in here. Someone has to bring possible other motives up when it's the people's court here on RedCafe. Imagine the same happened to Johnny Evans - he'd be in jail instead of challenging for Champions League with Leicester. Giggs might as well be the next Harvey Weinstein, but everyone deserves a fair trial where all possible motives is thrown up in the air and discussed freely.

Please put my post in contrast to the fact that it has been 10 pages of finding him guilty without having no other angles of what also could be motives.

So yeah, feck off for labelling me as a double standard simple man-defender. Every side and every possible motive have to be shed light on to give a fair trial for everyone involved

OrcaFat

Feck off, dont be a simpleton and put me In a box like that. You have to look at motives for everything and these motives from the other part of the trial of what also could be reality has barely been mentioned in here. Someone has to bring possible other motives up when it's the people's court here on RedCafe. Imagine the same happened to Johnny Evans - he'd be in jail instead of challenging for Champions League with Leicester. Giggs might as well be the next Harvey Weinstein, but everyone deserves a fair trial where all possible motives is thrown up in the air and discussed freely.

Please put my post in contrast to the fact that it has been 10 pages of finding him guilty without having no other angles of what also could be motives.

So yeah, feck off for labelling me as a double standard simple man-defender. Every side and every possible motive have to be shed light on to give a fair trial for everyone involved
Yes you have a good point that we shouldn’t assume the allegations are true.

There is also the problem that evidence and proof are likely to be in short supply as is often the case. It might be that it will be impossible to convict him. Even that won’t make him innocent. On the other hand, if he is convicted, there’ll probably be some question mark over the soundness of the conviction and we may not know for sure that he’s guilty, even if he goes to jail, he could be behind bars as an innocent man.

But as the old man once said: “innocent of what?”. I agree there’s a few posts in here assuming guilt and passing some extreme judgements on his character. But we do know about the affair which doesn’t help his case.

The best we can do is hope he is innocent for everyone’s sake, hope he learns from this and past experiences. But I fear his prospects in football won’t look good whatever happens.

Red Royal

Whether innocent or guilty a court will decide, but will leave Giggs's reputation tainted for life.

I think the affair with his sister-in-law will stop him eber getting a top job (sorry Wales manager is not top to me) and he does not deserve one based on that one. This current thing, we should wait until if proven guilty - but I have given up on caring about him.

meamth

Well 90% of psychopath or abusive person is good looking..fits the profile.

What a terrible human being if proveb guilty.

The Siege

Very unlikely but does happen sometimes where the CPS think it is in the public interest to pursue the prosecution.

as an example (that I hope doesn't cause the thread to derail) - not saying that Giggs is innocent but in a decent society we should listen to the accusation and weigh up the evidence before coming to a conclusion.
One, it is incredibly rare for women to set this up because even if they 'win', the long-term detrimental damage to their reputation and tag it creates is too much to recover from. And while yes, you're right about a fair trial, understand that the victims of these crimes barely have any proof to present on the long run. Hence the onus to believe them first, and also why so few of these actually make it to court.

Two, It's not even sexual assault in particular on the initial tweets, straight up direct bodily harm and one of the victims getting their injuries treated. Which effectively means either a) Giggs, with a proven reputation of being a human being with no shame, actually beat up a couple of women, vs. b) There was a woman who hurt herself to get take him down/get a pay day/etc. That's not a hard guess.

redmanx

Yes you have a good point that we shouldn’t assume the allegations are true.

There is also the problem that evidence and proof are likely to be in short supply as is often the case. It might be that it will be impossible to convict him. Even that won’t make him innocent. On the other hand, if he is convicted, there’ll probably be some question mark over the soundness of the conviction and we may not know for sure that he’s guilty, even if he goes to jail, he could be behind bars as an innocent man.

But as the old man once said: “innocent of what?”. I agree there’s a few posts in here assuming guilt and passing some extreme judgements on his character. But we do know about the affair which doesn’t help his case.

The best we can do is hope he is innocent for everyone’s sake, hope he learns from this and past experiences. But I fear his prospects in football won’t look good whatever happens.
Im not simply assuming them to be true but something happened one night last November between Giggs and a female who had been hit in theface. The police were called and statements taken, nobody else was involved to my knowledge. If it was not Giggs who hit this woman who was it? When Harry Maguire had that trouble in Greece I supported him and believed him innocent, and still do; a)because there were so many conflicting stories and b) because Maguire had never been seen to be in similar trouble before; he had not sullied the names of either Leicester City or Manchester United withhis behaviour. Giggs is no stranger to problems with women or the police and doesnt seem to consider that his actions reflect badly on Manchester United who have stood by him in the past. Giggs most certainly did something that night, I cannot believe the woman punched her own face.

redmanx

As a fellow countryman, and someone who grew up watching him make his debut and spend 20 odd years at the club, it pains me to see all this. He was doing a cracking job with the National team too. Its crazy that someone with such an immaculate playing career can be such a troubled character off the pitch, I mean it's not like he was acting like Joey Barton or something. His dad's partner was a work colleague of my mum, the tales she used to come out with, it sounded like the script for a hollyoaks episode, I always dismissed it as sour grapes as he disowned his dad and ditched his surname, but it seems Fergie was the master at keeping things under wraps and away from the public eye.
It does seem that as soon as Fergie moved on Giggs no longer had anyone to keep the lid on his behaviour.

Drainy

One, it is incredibly rare for women to set this up because even if they 'win', the long-term detrimental damage to their reputation and tag it creates is too much to recover from. And while yes, you're right about a fair trial, understand that the victims of these crimes barely have any proof to present on the long run. Hence the onus to believe them first, and also why so few of these actually make it to court.

Two, It's not even sexual assault in particular on the initial tweets, straight up direct bodily harm and one of the victims getting their injuries treated. Which effectively means either a) Giggs, with a proven reputation of being a human being with no shame, actually beat up a couple of women, vs. b) There was a woman who hurt herself to get take him down/get a pay day/etc. That's not a hard guess.
The point was that the CPS do prosecute occasionally with no evidence or evidence that counters the accusation where they think its in the public interest in response to the typical 'no smoke without fire' post.

Yes allegations need to be taken seriously and not be disbelieved without proof to the contrary, but also people should reserve judgement until evidence of guilt- its the foundation of a fair society. Also - its incredibly irresponsible to 'guess' about serious topics like this.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
For those of you claiming the injury could be self inflicted. Do you really think it's that easy to self inflict and accuse someone that has nothing to do with it, and somehow the good detectives of England could simply be fooled into believing them?

That's some mission Impossible shits we're talking about

redmanx

You don't hit a woman even with a flower Giggsy, you prick.
PRESUMING that he did it, of course.
Somebody hit her on that night last November and the police were called and apparantly she said it was Giggs in her statement. As far as Im aware nobody else was present. Real men do not go around hitting women. Stories have been going around about Giggs and the way he treats women for years, even before he played his first senior game for United. I'll remember Giggs the footballer with the greatest pleasure but as a human he stinks.

redmanx

Theres no doubt that the night the p[olice were called out somebody had hit this woman that very night and Giggs was there she said he hit her. If it wasnt him, who was it?

OrcaFat

Im not simply assuming them to be true but something happened one night last November between Giggs and a female who had been hit in theface. The police were called and statements taken, nobody else was involved to my knowledge. If it was not Giggs who hit this woman who was it? When Harry Maguire had that trouble in Greece I supported him and believed him innocent, and still do; a)because there were so many conflicting stories and b) because Maguire had never been seen to be in similar trouble before; he had not sullied the names of either Leicester City or Manchester United withhis behaviour. Giggs is no stranger to problems with women or the police and doesnt seem to consider that his actions reflect badly on Manchester United who have stood by him in the past. Giggs most certainly did something that night, I cannot believe the woman punched her own face.
It would not be unreasonable for anyone come to an opinion if they accept the accuracy of what is in the reports and statements. In the end, convictions are made (or not) on the basis of what evidence there is.

“She punched her own face” would be a strange defence to adopt but he denies the charges so I assume he has some explanation to offer, whether anyone believes it or not.

redmanx

It would not be unreasonable for anyone come to an opinion if they accept the accuracy of what is in the reports and statements. In the end, convictions are made (or not) on the basis of what evidence there is.

“She punched her own face” would be a strange defence to adopt but he denies the charges so I assume he has some explanation to offer, whether anyone believes it or not.
I suppose it depends on the wording of the charge; if hes accused of beating her with an iron bar or something I imagine he would deny that and offer an explanation of how she was hurt. Either way his reputation is going to suffer and will probably never recover. Hes guilty of doing something violent that night whether it was with his fist or not.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Theres no doubt that the night the p[olice were called out somebody had hit this woman that very night and Giggs was there she said he hit her. If it wasnt him, who was it?
That's for the police to find out.

Walters_19_MuFc

Someone who I looked up to when I was younger. If it is found to be true, then despite what he did at United, I will no longer have respect for him.

RedDevilzFox

He is a terrible human being regardless of whether this is true or not. Would I put it past Giggs to assault a women, of course not. Having said that we don't know the context or full story so there is that. Do I think he will just pay them off and it will be buried, most likely.

FreddieTheReddie

I read somewhere that he also beat his girlfriend when he was young. I think it was Davinia Taylor. Does anyone know if that's true?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Unless the victims withdraw the case that is.
Will she be allowed to withdraw the charges? I always thought it was extremely difficult for anyone to drop or withdraw domestic/physical violence charges.
No matter how good you are, hitting women will always be a big no and leave a stain on your character. Even if you're provoked walk the hell away.

OrcaFat

I suppose it depends on the wording of the charge; if hes accused of beating her with an iron bar or something I imagine he would deny that and offer an explanation of how she was hurt. Either way his reputation is going to suffer and will probably never recover. Hes guilty of doing something violent that night whether it was with his fist or not.
He denies the charges. I’m not saying anyone should believe him.

Brophs

The One and Only
I once had a stupidly gorgeous girlfriend. She was controlling freak monster, physically abusive and mentally fragile.

That was the darkest moments of my life.
You can’t argue with science.

RedDevilzFox

Will she be allowed to withdraw the charges? I always thought it was extremely difficult for anyone to drop or withdraw domestic/physical violence charges.
No matter how good you are, hitting women will always be a big no and leave a stain on your character. Even if you're provoked walk the hell away.
I am not a lawyer but my understanding is victim's can make out of court settlement and are entitled to withdraw the case. Maybe someone can chime in ...

Will it leave a stain on Giggs' character? No bigger than the stain he created with his brothers wife. You don't come back from that and suddenly be seen as dalai lama.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It depends. It's the Crown Prosecution Service that decides whether a case is pursued to court, not the individual. There was a high profile case recently where the assaulted boyfriend didn't want to pursue the case against his TV presenter girlfriend, but it went to court anyway and she ended up killing herself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...pite-boyfriend-withdrawing-complaint-11936287

Chicharo

Why let how he did on the pitch influence you with what he potentially did as a human?
Who said it would affect my opinion on him as a player? He is a legend. I ain't sure. I guess he was my idol, and will always be. That's something nothing can change, but when you like a player that much, regardless of everything, you don't wanna hear something like this

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I am not a lawyer but my understanding is victim's can make out of court settlement and are entitled to withdraw the case. Maybe someone can chime in ...

Will it leave a stain on Giggs' character? No bigger than the stain he created with his brothers wife. You don't come back from that and suddenly be seen as dalai lama.
I didn't even know he was this type of person. I never really paid attention to what happens off field. This is all news to me.
Like Jippy mentioned below sometimes it's still goes to court regardless if the victim wants to withdraw charges.
It depends. It's the Crown Prosecution Service that decides whether a case is pursued to court, not the individual. There was a high profile case recently where the assaulted boyfriend didn't want to pursue the case against his TV presenter girlfriend, but it went to court anyway and she ended up killing herself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.s...pite-boyfriend-withdrawing-complaint-11936287
What an unfortunate chain of events and extremely sad.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Who said it would affect my opinion on him as a player? He is a legend. I ain't sure. I guess he was my idol, and will always be. That's something nothing can change, but when you like a player that much, regardless of everything, you don't wanna hear something like this
I mean the reverse - how can you let / are you letting his play potentially absolve him from the shit he apparently does as a human being?

Status
Not open for further replies.