Ryan Giggs retires

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Tearing you apart since 1991... :(

Parma Dewol

What an incredible playing career. A true United great, possibly even the greatest.

bishblaize

Legend. Hope part two of his United career is as successful as part one.

Bojan11

My childhood idol.

Wonder who gets the number 11 shirt.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
The word is thrown about far too much but it's a word that sits well when Ryan Giggs is concerned; legend.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Thank you for being the perfect utd player giggsy. Thank god you are staying at the club

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Phase 2 of his career starts. Let's hope it's anywhere near as good as the first one.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Expected but extremely sad nevertheless. Such a shame he didn't manage to score this season :(

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Unbelievable career. Our greatest, I'm sure.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The best ever to me, no words can describe how much I love this man, hope that in the proper time he'll serve the club once more, as a manager, and lead another just as successful career.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...gs-announces-his-retirement-from-playing.aspx

Today is a fantastic day for Manchester United. Louis van Gaal is a great appointment and let me begin by telling you how delighted I am to be working with someone of his calibre. His credentials are second to none and I’m positive the club will thrive under his leadership over the coming years.

I would also like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from professional football and embark upon a new and exciting chapter in my life, as assistant manager of Manchester United. I am immensely proud, honoured and fortunate to have represented the biggest club in the world 963 times and Wales 64 times. My dream was always to play for Manchester United, and although it saddens me to know I won’t be pulling on a United jersey again as a player, I have been lucky enough to have fulfilled that dream playing with some of the best players in the world, working under an incredible manager in Sir Alex Ferguson, and most of all, playing for the greatest fans in world football. I have always felt and appreciated your support.

I want to also give a huge thanks to the backroom staff and support teams we have and have had at Manchester United over the years. I would not have achieved the success I have without your continuing dedication and commitment to creating the best environment to enable the players to thrive. I would not have won 34 trophies in my career without you. I would also like to say a special thanks to my friends and family for all your love and support.

For me, today is a new chapter filled with many emotions - immense pride, sadness, but most of all, excitement towards the future. United fans I hope will share and echo my belief that the club, the management and owners, are doing everything they can to return this great club to where it belongs, and I hope to be there every step of the way. To the greatest fans in world football, thank you, I have loved every minute of playing for you and representing the biggest and best club in the world.

See you next season.
Ryan

United22

Wanted him to still play on because as stupid as it sounds, at 40 he is our best central midfielder still (due to Carrick's insane decline) and can provide those magical performances when we so desperately need them.

Plugsy

Incredible service to the club, will never be matched or forgotten

itso 7

True legend, sad to see him retire but it's time for a new chapter both for him and the club plus it's great that he will play a huge part in this new chapter too .

acnumber9

Wouldn't come as a surprise. It's been coming. It's only now that those who complained him playing will realise how lucky they were to watch the man play.

Hull keeper should have let that free kick in.
Hull are just a really annoying team between stamping on our youngsters and defying our legends.

acnumber9

On another note it would be nice if the club gave him another testimonial.