Ryan Gravenberch | signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondi77

I like him. He's very good at keeping the ball in tight spaces and carrying the ball forward. Great composure which is something our midfield lacks in abundance when Eriksen is not on the pitch.
And that is based on his Ajax form where I think Donny and Klaasen excelled at as well.
Not a great form guide for England from what I have seen of late.

Ekeke

Not good enough for Bayern makes him good enough for United?
Our poor quality of midfield options.

I dont think he's amazing or anything but I find it hard to believe Bayern would even sign a central midfielder who isnt better than McTom/Fred and Mount in a role with a bit of holding defensive responsibility which Mount seems incapable of doing at the moment.

If he can compete, come on after 60 mins and eventually take over from Eriksen then he's already an improvement

croadyman

Bar someone top drawer becoming unexpectedly available this is our best option

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Back in his Ajax days he was compared with Frenkie a lot, and he was suppose to become a better version of Frenkie. But hey, a Wish-version of Frenkie is still better than McT.
The kid left Ajax too early. Looked at FdJ en MdL too much thinking he was on their level already as well. He should have stayed at Ajax for one more season and become the best midfielder in that Ajax side. Now he has lost one very important year in his development and although I still firmly believe he will come good if he moves to some midtable team in Spain or Germany but if he really joins United he will simply waste another year of his career.

Trex

The kid left Ajax too early. Looked at FdJ en MdL too much thinking he was on their level already as well. He should have stayed at Ajax for one more season and become the best midfielder in that Ajax side. Now he has lost one very important year in his development and although I still firmly believe he will come good if he moves to some midtable team in Spain or Germany but if he really joins United he will simply waste another year of his career.
Do you factor in ETH and his knowledge of the player? The mutual trust between them could help him show his qualities or do you feel he is not big enough a talent to make a mark. Asking because I've only seen little of him.

flappyjay

There could be an upside to him but he also could be another Renato Sanches. Having played under ten hag guarantees nothing either. Donny is still donny with EtH.

Trex

There could be an upside to him but he also could be another Renato Sanches. Having played under ten hag guarantees nothing either. Donny is still donny with EtH.
Problem is Donny isn't good enough and ETH wouldn't stick his neck out playing Donny when he has Bruno and Eriksen. In this case ETH is the one who wants him so probably think he's good enough. Mind He isn't bringing him to be a fixed option in the first 11.

Castia

Sad thing is he would get minutes at United. PSG last season, Roma this season he would 100% be pushing for games here with our midfield setup

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Do you factor in ETH and his knowledge of the player? The mutual trust between them could help him show his qualities or do you feel he is not big enough a talent to make a mark. Asking because I've only seen little of him.
I still believe in his talent and that he can become a top player with the right mindset but the right mindset is what Ajax supporters were worried most about. He got far because of his talent but never really seemed to be willing to have a "over my dead body" mentality like Martinez has for example. He has the talent to succeed at United but I don't think United has the time to develop him because the first team itself is still work in progress.

philippexyz

He is a good dribbler, capable of receiving the ball in deeper areas with his back against the goal while getting pressed and evading the pressure. He would help Casemiro more defensively than either Mount or Eriksen, and he would definitely help in build-up because of his ball carrying/press resistance ability. Gravenberch was basically ETH's replacement for Frenkie de Jong at Ajax, there are similarities between them and he's still pretty young.

I fully support this potential signing(don't know what all the fuss about is here), he has world class potential and ETH knows him. Would replace McTominay with him in a heartbeat - difference in talent between them is pretty big. He just made a wrong move to Bayern and probably wasted one year of his career/development.

RikRuud

And that is based on his Ajax form where I think Donny and Klaasen excelled at as well.
Not a great form guide for England from what I have seen of late.
Ajax form under our current manager. He's not looked bad at Bayern but for what ever reason Tuchel does not fancy him. I think, had he not joined Bayern early last summer he would have possibly been ten Hags first signing for us. A loan with option to buy would be a sensible pursuit in my opinion.

croadyman

I think this guy will be Erik’s preferred target as a known quantity. If we can actually get him in it could work out well.
Could him & Hojberg work as they are very different profiles of midfielders

croadyman

Not a fan of Hojbjerg. He’s too industrial for my liking. Gravenberch is hailed as a similar style and potentially a higher ceiling than FDJ, so he would complement Casemiro nicely.
I meant with Hojberg as backup for Casemiro

Silverman

Gravenberch -> Liverpool
McTominay -> Bayern
Amrabat -> United

Thank you kindly. All go home happy.

aeh1991

Well he's not a DM and a very risky move if he's expensive. He has talent but couldn't show it outside of Eredivisie, so he could turn out to be a massive signing for Liverpool or a huge flop. I'd take Amrabat any day given his more defensive position and less risk. I'd rather give Mainoo and Hannibal the playing time, too.

croadyman

Was hoping we could get both but knew that wasn't remotely realistic with our finances

Redstain

Would have liked to see him here. Another interesting prospect as many wrote him off, his development under Klopp will signify if his hype at Ajax was justified or not.

bosskeano

this fuking window is making me sick to my stomach with how fuked up this club is financially

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Still not the profile of midfielder they need. They should, in no way, be spending more money on a midfielder whose best traits are attacking ones.

They have unreliable CBs and their only right back can’t defend. Their only 6 is 30 years old and has never started a European game.

48 hours

Apparently agreed terms with Liverpool. Probably got bored waiting for us to make an offer

Idxomer

Weird transfer for the player and Liverpool. They aren't short of attacking midfielders and he won't get the game time he wants.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Feels like a VERY weird signing for Liverpool considering the type of player they’re crying out for. The only DM in their squad will be that 30 year old dude Endo. Isn’t Gravenberch a pure #8, box to box midfielder? Which they have numerous of but only one #6 who is brand new to the league.

ShinjiNinja26

Not really arsed about this at all. I think people are getting pissed off because we’re so desperate for a midfield signing and are now forced to watch our biggest rivals potentially making another one than being annoyed at the actual quality of the midfielder they’re bringing in.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Surprised to find out he is still only 21.
Same. For some reason I had thought he was one of the players from their CL semi campaign in 2019. Nope, turns out he only made two first-team appearances that season.

cyberman

Feels like a VERY weird signing for Liverpool considering the type of player they’re crying out for. The only DM in their squad will be that 30 year old dude Endo. Isn’t Gravenberch a pure #8, box to box midfielder? Which they have numerous of but only one #6 who is brand new to the league.
It feels very obvious. We are in the same kind of boat but with a lesser financial risk. As if there’s a list of midfielders available that everybody knows and they’re picking the next available option.

Unam333

Not really arsed about this at all. I think people are getting pissed off because we’re so desperate for a midfield signing and are now forced to watch our biggest rivals potentially making another one than being annoyed at the actual quality of the midfielder they’re bringing in.
Similar to Cody Gakpo's transfer last season. We didn't really need Gakpo, we needed a no 9 striker, but when Liverpool signed him all hell broke loose on the caf.

dinostar77

Weird transfer for the player and Liverpool. They aren't short of attacking midfielders and he won't get the game time he wants.
hes alot like winjaldlum in how he plays. So could see him in that role.

glasgow 21

I actually give up now, the club is broke financial and in spirit already. This is going to get worst before any light at the end of that long tunnel.
I feel for ETH, I'm now done with the upper levels of this club its now embarrassing .
I would be surprised if ETH sees the season put at this rate.
Another winter of 3 bags of crisps and a Mars bar signings would probably be the end of it .

IRELANDUNITED

Don’t mind them getting him at all. He’s several levels below Caicedo and Lavia. The fact he wanted to come to us and we weren’t interested is amusing, as well.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I actually give up now, the club is broke financial and in spirit already. This is going to get worst before any light at the end of that long tunnel.
I feel for ETH, I'm now done with the upper levels of this club its now embarrassing .
I would be surprised if ETH sees the season put at this rate.
Another winter of 3 bags of crisps and a Mars bar signings would probably be the end of it .
You feel for ETH? The hell are you talking about? He has spent over £400m and has been backed in the market. If it’s fails it’s on him especially after a mediocre summer window yet somehow we’ve spent in excess of £175m.

Dominos

Well he's not a DM and a very risky move if he's expensive. He has talent but couldn't show it outside of Eredivisie, so he could turn out to be a massive signing for Liverpool or a huge flop. I'd take Amrabat any day given his more defensive position and less risk. I'd rather give Mainoo and Hannibal the playing time, too.
Realistically we probably could have signed both if we'd have sold Mctominay and not deluded ourselves we could hold out for £45m.

Fred, VDB and Mctominay out - Mount, Amrabat, Gravenberch in.

Status
Not open for further replies.