Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney | Wrexham AFC Watch

MUFC OK

macheda14

Oh its horrendous. My gf uses it frequently, but more worryingly my father, 63, has discovered it too and sends me several videos a week. Any one on here in that age cohort, stay away for your family's sake.
It's like any social media the vast majority of it is horrible, but there is some unbelievably funny stuff on there.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Oh its horrendous. My gf uses it frequently, but more worryingly my father, 63, has discovered it too and sends me several videos a week. Any one on here in that age cohort, stay away for your family's sake.
TikTok is horrific. It’s FaceBook on Steroids. If Mobile Phones are Cigarettes, TikTok is Heroin.

I give two fecks about anyone that declares ‘It’s full of great content’. Yes. It is. But even if the entire app was golden era Scorcese level 30-60 second clips, that’s still a bad thing for people.

Beyond the addiction: The view/follower counts are fabricated and TikTok coins are absolutely mental. Imagine a Ponzi scheme where everyone knows it’s a Ponzi scheme but you all feel safe as addiction levels are so high you’ll always see enough growth. Microcosm of Capitalism/Advertising models.

———

Under all that, someone sent me a funny TikTok video on WhatsApp. I sent the written content of that joke to a groupchat and two people replied “You stole that off TikTok”. Like, what the Fcuk. I ‘steal’ almost all of my jokes. If I invented them all I’d be the most successful comedian of all time.

It’s a cancer.

MUFC OK

It's like any social media the vast majority of it is horrible, but there is some unbelievably funny stuff on there.
To be honest it's just hot chicks doing entirely unfunny things. My main gripe is the noise when someone in the same room is watching it, its like someone with a severe ADHD taking over the aux at a party.

macheda14

To be honest it's just hot chicks doing entirely unfunny things. My main gripe is the noise when someone in the same room is watching it, its like someone with a severe ADHD taking over the aux at a party.
A lot of it is, a lot of it is arsehole guys being terrible people. But it’s also a lot of hilarious content. Go on r/tiktokcringe (which used to be called that because Tik tok was horrible and is now a sun celebrating how people are utilising the format) and you’ll find a lot of hilarious videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
TikTok is horrific. It’s FaceBook on Steroids. If Mobile Phones are Cigarettes, TikTok is Heroin.

I give two fecks about anyone that declares ‘It’s full of great content’. Yes. It is. But even if the entire app was golden era Scorcese level 30-60 second clips, that’s still a bad thing for people.

Beyond the addiction: The view/follower counts are fabricated and TikTok coins are absolutely mental. Imagine a Ponzi scheme where everyone knows it’s a Ponzi scheme but you all feel safe as addiction levels are so high you’ll always see enough growth. Microcosm of Capitalism/Advertising models.

———

Under all that, someone sent me a funny TikTok video on WhatsApp. I sent the written content of that joke to a groupchat and two people replied “You stole that off TikTok”. Like, what the Fcuk. I ‘steal’ almost all of my jokes. If I invented them all I’d be the most successful comedian of all time.

It’s a cancer.
Just follow accounts with content you like, no more cancer. There, I cured you.

Big Andy

Bloke
My missus lives in Wrexham, I was there earlier and was in the petrol station over the road from the stadium and I saw Danny DeVito going into the Turf which is the pub next to the stadium. Surreal as feck.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Just loving how my Bromley are doing better than them at the moment.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Wrexham just lost their National League semi-final to a 119th minute Grimsby goal. Ouch.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Having an outside shot at direct promotion on last day.. didn't happen.

FA Trophy Final.. lost to team who finished 10th.

Play offs.. lost in last minute of extra time. To a team who finished quite a few points (and a couple of positions) behind.

Ouch.

Oh and as I walked past the ground, there was a plane flying over with a banner behind. It was Stockport County fans trolling who'd paid for a banner celebrating going up.

Double ouch.

TheReligion

Abusive
Having an outside shot at direct promotion on last day.. didn't happen.

FA Trophy Final.. lost to team who finished 10th.

Play offs.. lost in last minute of extra time. To a team who finished quite a few points (and a couple of positions) behind.

Ouch.

Oh and as I walked past the ground, there was a plane flying over with a banner behind. It was Stockport County fans trolling who'd paid for a banner celebrating going up.

Double ouch.
Possibly the most heartbreaking season ever?!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Any Wrexham fans know which one of them is having more input into the club? Reynolds has unbelievable wealth but McElhenney isn't exactly poor, plus during that last game it looked like the entire McElhenney family were there and Deadpool was on his lonesome. Plus they're over in Ireland from time to time nowadays whereas the Reynolds probably go to their private moon in the summers.

Basically this is a "who would win in a fight" question between Mac and the Green Lantern.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I also like to picture some Wrexham fans wondering who their owner is, stumbling on to their Twitter, and just seeing this profile pic.

Any Wrexham fans know which one of them is having more input into the club? Reynolds has unbelievable wealth but McElhenney isn't exactly poor, plus during that last game it looked like the entire McElhenney family were there and Deadpool was on his lonesome. Plus they're over in Ireland from time to time nowadays whereas the Reynolds probably go to their private moon in the summers.

Basically this is a "who would win in a fight" question between Mac and the Green Lantern.
Hard to know for sure but seems like Rob more into the project (his idea) and maybe more of a football fan, but Ryan has helped with the money side/link ups to bid names (like TikTok)… probably a good balance.

Fans are still loving their involvement but if club doesn’t get promotion this season, it’ll be interesting to see the reaction (fans and sponsors). For now, fans (incl a few of my mates/family) are riding the wave… two and a half thousand away fans today enjoying an injury time penalty winner :)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hard to know for sure but seems like Rob more into the project (his idea) and maybe more of a football fan, but Ryan has helped with the money side/link ups to bid names (like TikTok)… probably a good balance.

Fans are still loving their involvement but if club doesn’t get promotion this season, it’ll be interesting to see the reaction (fans and sponsors). For now, fans (incl a few of my mates/family) are riding the wave… two and a half thousand away fans today enjoying an injury time penalty winner :)

Thanks, that's interesting about the fan's patience levels.

Thanks, that's interesting about the fan's patience levels.
For most non league clubs (especially who splash the cash), it’s all about getting back in the league, so you give the owners/manager a couple of seasons then the patience can run thin.

Wrexham‘s probably a bit different as the Hollywood glitz (TikTok, being televised, etc) and the owners buying the freehold back (huge to the fans given age/history) probably buys them a bit more kudos/time… hopefully they don’t need it.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
10,161 watching the men's game yesterday, more than 8k tickets sold for the women's game (2nd tier in Wales) today.

top1whoisman

Scout
Helps that some tickets are £1.
I very much doubt that high ticket prices are what's stopping other non-league (or Wales 2nd tier women's league) teams from doing the same. I'd say it's decent considering the size of the town of Wrexham.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They've signed Ben Foster too for the rest of the season.

They've got 7 games left with a 3 point lead on Notts County, but NC have played a game more. Squeaky bum time!

Zen

Notts County have been unreal keeping this up to be fair. It's clearly an unfair challenge, but that's football and it's filtered down to that level. Given they've just casually added a (at least) Championship level goalie to the team at no bother and have multiple players who should be playing at a higher standard - Mullin at least 2 divisions up. Wonder if they'll eye up taking Langstaff with them next year if Notts fail in the playoffs... he's having an absolute stormer, gonna crack 45 goals and doesn't take penalties.

But I think they'll walk it from here, and quite frankly, walk it next season too. I'm oddly going to Halifax with some of mates on Good Friday. I don't go to the Racecourse, but away days when I'm available, I don't mind, just like seeing new stadiums :lol:

next_number_seven

I very much doubt that high ticket prices are what's stopping other non-league (or Wales 2nd tier women's league) teams from doing the same. I'd say it's decent considering the size of the town of Wrexham.
They're the only big club in North Wales so the catchment is closer to a million.

I think they'll reach the Championship quite quickly as they'll have the funds and fanbase.

The National League is notoriously hard to get out of but League Two is easy enough with 3 automatic places and one playoff winner.
So I'd imagine they'll be promoted this year and next.

Then maybe two seasons in League One before promotion.

So in 4 years they'll be a Championship team.

Championship is very difficult so they may be there for a few years.

It's funny that even with the money the Ryans are investing, they actually could make a profit eventually.

Sponsorship is based on numbers and with their growing global fanbase, they'll make lots of sponsorship money. Similar to us with noodle partners and whatnot.

So with the right manager and good recruitment, they could be a PL team in 6 or 7 years.

They're increasing the stadium capacity to 15,500. So maybe another development to 25,000 would be a sustainable model.

By the then the club could be worth 100m after they bought it for a couple of million.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
True, it's probably more to do with having the capacity.

Wrexham ladies are semi pro, most other teams are not, they are amateurs, there's a massive divide, so yeah getting 8k to a stadium for a woman's game is impressive, but there are mitigating circumstances around this.

top1whoisman

Scout
True, it's probably more to do with having the capacity.

Wrexham ladies are semi pro, most other teams are not, they are amateurs, there's a massive divide, so yeah getting 8k to a stadium for a woman's game is impressive, but there are mitigating circumstances around this.
Fair enough.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
They're the only big club in North Wales so the catchment is closer to a million.

I think they'll reach the Championship quite quickly as they'll have the funds and fanbase.

The National League is notoriously hard to get out of but League Two is easy enough with 3 automatic places and one playoff winner.

It's funny that even with the money the Ryans are investing, they actually could make a profit eventually.

Sponsorship is based on numbers and with their growing global fanbase, they'll make lots of sponsorship money. Similar to us with noodle partners and whatnot.

So with the right manager and good recruitment, they could be a PL team in 6 or 7 years.

They're increasing the stadium capacity to 15,500. So maybe another development to 25,000 would be a sustainable model.

By the then the club could be worth 100m after they bought it for a couple of million.
I think they could get stuck in league one for a few years, it's incredibly difficult to get out of that league.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think they could get stuck in league one for a few years, it's incredibly difficult to get out of that league.
They’ve got a unique appeal for many a player though. I can see them getting a back to back promotion.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

People were saying this about Forest Green Rovers,
People were also saying this about Salford.
People also said this about Ebsfleet and Dagenham.

They will hit a wall eventually on their way up, there is a massive gulf between league one and championship now, it will take them several years to build a team capable of challenging.

top1whoisman

Scout

They will hit a wall eventually on their way up, there is a massive gulf between league one and championship now, it will take them several years to build a team capable of challenging.
I agree. It is not as easy as some think.

next_number_seven

Sponsorship is based on numbers and with their growing global fanbase, they'll make lots of sponsorship money. Similar to us.

[/QUOTE

None of those have the potential fanbase or global attention.
Salford have poor attendances.

Wrexham used to get big attendances in the 70s and 80s.

I agree though that League one will be tricky and require more investment. They also have the ability to attract players like Ben Foster recently. He turned down Newcastle.

They might be in League one for a few years though. Lots of big clubs there.

But I'd bet money on them getting promoted this year and the next.