Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney | Wrexham AFC Watch

TsuWave

I read Ryan Reynolds and thought Deadpool, but I didn't think it made much sense so I assumed it was a different Ryan Reynolds, but no, it's Deadpool.

Zen

Jesus - theres two people from Flintshire in here at least, make that 3....

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
The town I was born in now has a connection to deadpool...who knew.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ryan Reynolds has a good eye for investments. A large chunk of his net worth is derived from various investments and not from acting.

Pablo76

So weird that Ryan Reynolds has bought Wrexham fc, fair play. Who the hell is Rob McElhenney though? Never heard of him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’m actually really enjoying them. Every few weeks something like this comes out and raises a chuckle. They’re also supposed to be great where it counts too, didn’t they recently give all staff a bonus or something?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Third oldest football team in the world? Reynolds probably has the money to have fun with the team. Do you think he has the funding to change the team as far as moving up leagues?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
So weird that Ryan Reynolds has bought Wrexham fc, fair play. Who the hell is Rob McElhenney though? Never heard of him.
I can forgive most things in life, but this I cannot forgive.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I’m actually really enjoying them. Every few weeks something like this comes out and raises a chuckle. They’re also supposed to be great where it counts too, didn’t they recently give all staff a bonus or something?
Offered £250,000 to be shared by the players if they get promotion.

Won yesterday, now 5th. Won't get automatic promotion but will hopefully end up in the 2nd-7th positions which is a playoff system for one other promotion place.

Next three games are the teams in 6th, 3rd and 4th. Likely have a huge impact on whether they make playoffs (or ideally 2nd/3rd.. seeded place)

Ed9

He's the inventor of Ass Pounder 4000 and one badass jabroni!

Brophs

The One and Only
Third oldest football team in the world? Reynolds probably has the money to have fun with the team. Do you think he has the funding to change the team as far as moving up leagues?
I would assume, as is the case with most lower league clubs who have foreign ownership, that the model is based upon stabilising, hopefully getting a promotion or two and then getting large outside investment for a relatively small equity stake. Even if those guys are worth $100m between them, that sort of wealth wouldn’t be enough to find a good championship club into the medium to long term, given how financially difficult it is for lower division clubs. They can make a big difference at this level but the sort of money they’d be willing to invest isn’t going to scratch the surface of what would be needed up the pyramid.