Ryan Sessegnon

RedRocket9908

Miguel Delaney reporting Ryan Sessegnon is being lined up by Man Utd as a potential replacement for Sergio Reguilon who has returned to Spurs.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
:lol: :lol: thought United has broke the deal off with Reguilon?
Not sure why we'd need another player on loan, this seems like trash to me.

Santos J

Didn't we exercise the break clause we had for Reguilon? Why would we then go after another left back :confused:

Oldyella

Surely not? Send back a LB who hasn't done badly for us, and replace him with a player with more fitness struggles than our own injury plagued LB?

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He's never ever fit.

Bentancur blew out his knee, had surgery, then got his ankle done in and has still returned before this guy.

tomaldinho1

:lol: :lol: thought United has broke the deal off with Reguilon?
Not sure why we'd need another player on loan, this seems like trash to me.
I don't get why we don't just low ball them for Reguillon ro be honest. He was perfectly fine as a backup/3rd choice + did ok here. Sling them £5m plus some add ons and then just leave it on the table.

Smores

Could be that Reguilon wanted a transfer to an interested club and we didn't stand in his way. Only way this news really makes sense, assuming there's a shred of truth in it.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
He's never ever fit.

Bentancur blew out his knee, had surgery, then got his ankle done in and has still returned before this guy.
It's pretty mental when you put it like that but it's true.

RVN1991

He's terrible. Might as well have kept Reguilon.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Doesn't make sense from any angle. Presumably just made up.

OleGunnar20

Nonsense. We'll be after Assou-Ekotto next.

Even for football journalists this is bad.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Sessegnon randomly popping up on Spurs' bench tonight, 11 months since he last featured.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Sessegnon randomly popping up on Spurs' bench tonight, 11 months since he last featured.
Came on and was well off the pace.

I really wanted it to work out for him here, I loved him in the Championship, but it's looking like it's not going to.

VWW

I stopped reading after Miguel Delaney.

Bondi77

I thought this guy was going to have a huger career from what he was doing at Fulham but it seems injuries killed that off.

Bondi77

I would think that if our injured players are on their way back the last thing we would be looking at would be any incoming loan deals.

didz

Yeah, was clear he wasn't rated. We barely used him and instead threw Shaw in the deep end when he could/should have been eased in.
In fairness, he had his own fitness issues, which is hardly surprising considering he spent practically the whole of last season hobbled. Sort of covered for an injury plague with the injury-plagued there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
We're doing Spurs a favor by telling them which left back they should keep.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
ETH didn't break the loan because we no longer need a LB. He ended the loan because he clearly didn't rate him.
He was signed basically as emergency as soon as Shaw was out long term, along with Wan Bissaka and Malacia with multiple competitions to juggle. We'll have Shaw, Malacia and Dalot as options at left back so there's simply no need to keep him around with a game a week pretty much for rest of the season now and 4 fullbacks to keep happy

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
In fairness, he had his own fitness issues, which is hardly surprising considering he spent practically the whole of last season hobbled. Sort of covered for an injury plague with the injury-plagued there.
He was only omitted from the match day squad 5 times in 25 games.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't know if I dare say this out loud but I didn't actually think Reguillon was too bad, particularly as a loan signing. What's the general consensus been of him on here?

Choosing Dalot at LB has confused me over the last month or two - and I don't think Shaw has particularly any better than Reguillon when they've both played this season. I thought he was technically sound, quite energetic...and it might be my memory but I don't remember too many defensive blunders in particular. Even if he had made one or two - Shaw has his fair share of those too and he's talked about like he's top notch on here. I think Reguillon and Shaw actually shared similar strengths and weaknesses. But it has genuinely surprised me how ETH overlooked him so often to play a RB at LB.

UpWithRivers

Maybe we should contact Burnley and see if they have any more strikers they dont use.

Grande

I don't know if I dare say this out loud but I didn't actually think Reguillon was too bad, particularly as a loan signing. What's the general consensus been of him on here?

Choosing Dalot at LB has confused me over the last month or two - and I don't think Shaw has particularly any better than Reguillon when they've both played this season. I thought he was technically sound, quite energetic...and it might be my memory but I don't remember too many defensive blunders in particular. Even if he had made one or two - Shaw has his fair share of those too and he's talked about like he's top notch on here. I think Reguillon and Shaw actually shared similar strengths and weaknesses. But it has genuinely surprised me how ETH overlooked him so often to play a RB at LB.
Reguilon did ok for me as a stop-gap in a team in constant reshuffle. He was better offensively than Dalot on LB, even if the attacking flow with Shaw is much better. Defensively he looked weak. It’s not so much about mistakes as it is about duel strength, wether one-on-one, aearially or shielding crosses/cutbacks. As Dalot better understands Ten Hag’s roles of FB in build-up and transitions, it makes sense to send him back, but he has not made a bad impression on me.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Reguilon did ok for me as a stop-gap in a team in constant reshuffle. He was better offensively than Dalot on LB, even if the attacking flow with Shaw is much better. Defensively he looked weak. It’s not so much about mistakes as it is about duel strength, wether one-on-one, aearially or shielding crosses/cutbacks. As Dalot better understands Ten Hag’s roles of FB in build-up and transitions, it makes sense to send him back, but he has not made a bad impression on me.
Things I attribute to Luke Shaw too. I think recently (12 months or so) he's look nervous and vulnerable in 1 v 1 situations, he's got a tendency to switch off from crosses and cut backs too. He's always been frustrating in the way he stands off a player and allows crosses. This is why it surprised me that Reguillon wasn't used more over Dalot at LB. Though maybe ETH didn't want to favour an 'outsider' over one of our own players.

didz

He was only omitted from the match day squad 5 times in 25 games.
Yeah but he came into the team against Burnley ill and that illness was referred to a couple of times by the manager, either as a reason as to why he was hooked on why he was only good for 20 minutes.

I never really thought he was much of a fit for what Ten Hag has historically looked for in a fullback, so maybe it was just that didn't fancy him.