Saúl Ñíguez \ Joins Chelsea on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Exactly. Compare our midfield options to our rivals. We lack. Chelsea have just picked up Saul Niguez. They already have world class talent in Jorginho and Kante. Plus they have Kovacic and Mount ffs. We have Fred, Matic and McT!
You do the math.
The same McFred that routinely make Peps midfield look like clowns

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
But its Hakimi, Haaland and Kounde that you have tried and failed on. Not spending more isnt by choice or design. You haven’t actually signed a first choice transfer target this summer.
I think you’ll see a lot more sales in the next year or two of players you’re still backing and hoping to come good but clearly aren’t. That’ll keep your net spend down so the illusion of that lives on.
You have to be honest about Haaland. That was like a conversation...how much for Haaland? A gazzilion Euros, You sure, yep a gazzilion Euros. That was never going to happen, but worth asking.

Highfather_24

Those who think Fred is a shite footballer, havent watched us play regularly for the last 2 years. He was a shout for most improved player in 2019-20 and 2020-21. He displaced Fabinho in Brazil squad. He is a good midfielder, not Djemba x2 like y'all keep saying.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m going to go out on a limb and say I don’t think Saul is going to come in and become a regular in Chelsea’s team. I don’t think he improves them all that much. I think he would have improved us more and got more games here but I’d still fancy us to get a decent result against Chelsea, most likely a draw but they wouldn’t be trashing us or anything. It’s more about not drawing and losing against the poorer teams and keeping it tight in the big games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Those who think Fred is a shite footballer, havent watched us play regularly for the last 2 years. He was a shout for most improved player in 2019-20 and 2020-21. He displaced Fabinho in Brazil squad. He is a good midfielder, not Djemba x2 like y'all keep saying.
I don't think any reasonable person would say he's shite. What he is, is erratic and inconsistent at points, with important traits in for his position - ie touch, awareness and passing (I'm not even talking expansive passing, just not giving the ball away cheaply.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's been great at scrapping, constantly on players' heels. I agree with you on that.

Cant say hes been great in other departments that a CM should do though.

hobbers

He's good at some things I'll give you that.

If you want someone to slice the ball to an opposing player in your own half 3 times in the first 5 minutes of a game ---> Fred is your guy.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The hardest thing to talk about his how useful Fred is with his quick passing that helps our attacks.

However, due to the times where he may lose possesion in a bad away - his passing gets talked about like he does shit all.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
What is the point of a Lamborghini chassis and interior if it is a Lada engine.
Pretty good metaphor. The engine cannot muster the energy needed to drive our brilliant chassis at speeds worthy of its quality.

Do Chelsea really need another central midfielder? He'd start every game here.

laughtersassassin

He had a good first half of the season and was right back to being terrible from January on.

Since then his mistakes started becoming more and more frequent.

Now they are near constant. He isn't good enough.

Litch

Now come on, how that possible? Surely he never contributed to us getting to 2nd and 3rd, semi's, finals and unbeaten away? He's that shite, he can only play his best football against the best teams in the PL and in Europe....Brazilian, he can't pass and only averages 89-90% most matches.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’m going to go out on a limb and say I don’t think Saul is going to come in and become a regular in Chelsea’s team. I don’t think he improves them all that much. I think he would have improved us more and got more games here but I’d still fancy us to get a decent result against Chelsea, most likely a draw but they wouldn’t be trashing us or anything. It’s more about not drawing and losing against the poorer teams and keeping it tight in the big games.
Why would we be thrashing United? You have one of the bets squads in the world. You have a weakness at the DM position but apart from that, you're as strong, if not stronger than us, all over the park.

tomaldinho1

Would be great business if it's a loan with no obligation, at worst a great depth signing for 5m EUR

Ranchero

It is all relative. Fred doesnt play for any other side with pretension to be Prem champs. Take Chelsea is he in front of Kante, Jorginho, Saul Niguez, Kovacic, Mount or even Loftus-Cheek? You know the answer. Make no mistake we are lucky to have seven points at this stage.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Pretty good metaphor. The engine cannot muster the energy needed to drive our brilliant chassis at speeds worthy of its quality.

He can't get in the Spain squad and his club are happy for him to leave on loan. I'm thinking less Lamborghini, more Ford Mondeo.

Litch

Wow, those Lada's have improved then cause they just beaten the away record and came 2nd in the league. Are you Utds best fan cause if you are not, you are a disappointment and of poor quality.....

Last edited:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Chelsea being extremely gluttonous. Wont be surprised if they get Kounde also just to sit him on the bench. The depth is already insane, why buy more? In a tight pinch Chalobah and Ampadu can both play in CM. They wont even loan out Hudson-Odoi to Dortmund, he wont play more then 300-500 minutes all season at Chelsea :houllier:
The season is long and full of terrors. With Covid as well it's not unrealistic that teams have a lot more unexpected player absences than just the usual injuries.

We're going for the sextuple this season, don't forget.

Litch

It is all relative. Fred doesnt play for any other side with pretension to be Prem champs. Take Chelsea is he in front of Kante, Jorginho, Saul Niguez, Kovacic, Mount or even Loftus-Cheek? You know the answer. Make no mistake we are lucky to have seven points at this stage.
Did we not finish above them the last two seasons? Have they won it already after 3 games?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
It’s just depth thankfully. That being said our record with loans is not great. Maniche, quaresma, falcao and paim under RA.. yup.

Litch

He can't get in the Spain squad and his club are happy for him to leave on loan. I'm thinking less Lamborghini, more Ford Mondeo.
Yep, Ath Madrid are that good, they can just give Ferrari's and Lambo's away for nothing......!!!!

Ranchero

He had a good first half of the season and was right back to being terrible from January on.

Since then his mistakes started becoming more and more frequent.

Now they are near constant. He isn't good enough.
The pressure is on him now our quality is rising especially with the demands of winners such as Ronaldo and Verane on board. hey aren't here to be also rans. Those that aren't good enough will buckle under the pressure. Fred is in that position.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Very interested to see how he does in the premier league.

Litch

I remember some people saying Bale was a good loan move too......

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Another who isn't as good as people think. He's regressed.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
We don't need him since Ronaldo is back and Pogba's days as winger are over.

Even Kimmich would have been the wrong player.

We would have needed a midfielder like Ndidi, Rice or Bissouma.

Maguire and Varane are brilliant CB's....we need just a defensive midfielder with good passing and brain there.....a younger Matic.

Pogba will be now back in midfield for the most matches.....Solskjaer must find now a massive solution to improve our game (I doubt he will).

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Why? What difference does it make to me or you?
If it is really high it can cause a disruption with other players. A disruption with the players cause the team to under perform. The team under performing makes me cranky on Saturday or Sunday.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wow, those Lada's have improved then cause they just beaten the away record and came 2nd in the league. Are you Utds best fan cause if you are not, you are a disappointment and of poor quality.....
Beating an away record when there are no fans isn't that impressive.

Personally, I enjoy slick passing, it's painful at times watching us try to play through other teams, or break down a parked bus. We get results through individual brilliance, not through having a powerful "engine" (the central midfield in the metaphor, which I'll admit has its limitations as all the players drive the action).

We did well to come second, thanks to Liverpool and Chelsea struggling (before Lampard left). But we couldn't get out of the group stage of the CL.

Of course, Liverpool won the CL with a Lada quality midfield (I actually have no idea what a Lada is so if that's harsh I apologize, is this a Yugo level car?). But they had dribbling wingers who could hold the ball up and a striker who lives to drop deep and facilitate. And full backs who were crucial for crosses. If we had a Shaw on the right we might get away with McFred against the best.

It might work anyway, but i still would personally want more strength in the midfield if it was me, even if that meant sacrificing attack. Attackers can't score unless someone creates a chance for them. Look at Poland, what good is Lewandowski without service?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
30m with an option to buy. Seriously what could have gone wrong with this ? Least, he would have been a body to cover that midfield. I seriously don't understand our transfers, at times.

Donny could have joined Everton and we could have signed Saul.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Of course, Liverpool won the CL with a Lada quality midfield (I actually have no idea what a Lada is so if that's harsh I apologize, is this a Yugo level car?).
Your usage of "Lada" was spot on. Lada is a Russian car that they jump-started by copying '70s Fiat but then kept producing well into 80s without adding anything of value to it. It is indeed one of the worst quality cars ever produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.