Sadiq El-Fitouri

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I have a lad working on one of my projects who plays for Salford. I'll ask his opinion, and report back.

Acole9

Outstanding
The difference is between Veseli and this guy is that Veseli was at City, this lad has come from non league which is a remarkable feat. Good luck to him.

Classical Mechanic

That's not the point, as you know.
It was my point. How many players drop from a Premier League academy to non league and then back to a Premier League academy to become a top player? It is assessing the worth of this signing for future first team prospects here. Chris Smalling was the only player mentioned to kind of fit that profile.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ester-united-january-transfer-window-business

The signing of Sadiq El Fitouri from Salford City is positive
I’d never seen the boy play but Phil Neville and Paul Scholes had been down. The boy had been playing in the park for the previous six months and not really doing much since leaving Manchester City. He came down to Salford; Phil and Paul liked him straight away and said the kid has got too much talent to be disappearing out of the game. It says a lot about what happens to these players when they get released as big clubs don’t want to take a chance on them. Many of them disappear out of the game when they do have the talent. It’s something we’ve talked about for a long time, is the pathway there for when kids get dropped by the bigger clubs to get picked up by Bury, Oldham etc? It doesn’t seem to be happening.

Decotron

For those asking earlier -

Chris Smalling left Milwall's academy for Maidstone no ?

Then joined Fulham as a 19 year old.
Not that its important but Smalling's case was different in the sense that it was family/educational commitments that saw him leave Millwall originally.

As opposed to him not being good enough or falling out of love with the game.....

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Evidently not. Ron just had a brainfart after buying him.
I think Ron basically decided that with Frank Stapleton, Mark Hughes and Norman Whiteside in front of him Beardsley wasn't going to play regularly.

Given that context, hardly a 'brain fart' regardless of how well Beardsley did afterwards.

Loublaze

ATLien

Looks comfortable on the ball. Quick and skillful. Check out the tackle at 4:03

jb8521

Looks a decent athlete but not great on the ball or particularly strong defensively although hes obviously going to be extremely rusty after being out of the game for so long. From what hes shown so far though I'd expect Tyler Reid to pass him put in the u21 pecking order next season.

Sid234

There must be something about him that made Scholes and Neville recommend him to us.. Maybe we'll see him improve and play better next season

Hoof the ball

There must be something about him that made Scholes and Neville recommend him to us.. Maybe we'll see him improve and play better next season
They watched a physically-gifted individual dominate over a short period of time at a level where his technical deficiencies look masterful in comparison with his peers.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Possible fill-in at LB next year for the U21s behind Borthwick-Jackson?

Sigma

On the class of 92 show now, seems like a cool guy. What's happening with him?

khoazany

On the class of 92 show now, seems like a cool guy. What's happening with him?
Played ok for the U21s last game.I would still put 18 years old Tyler Reid ahead of him though.Would send him on loan on January as we have enough numbers (all younger players) to give game times to.

Last edited: