Sainsbury's Christmas Advert (Ft all black family)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
The advert in question:

And the predictable shit that followed:

Boggles my mind that people still insist the UK hasn't got a racism problem. It's more than a few bad eggs, we see it in all walks of life, and funnily enough doesn't discriminate on how successful you are, how much money you have etc. If you look different, a lot of people consciously and unconsciously treat you differently.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t know why I’m still surprised by this shit but some of those comments, fecking hell, it’s not even veiled anymore.

I despair at the state of this country at the moment.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
1) It's fecking stupid that people would get offended at this. Thick, racist, knobheads.

2) There are actually going to be 3 adverts (2 of which are released.. the one in the OP and the one posted below) featuring, presumably, 3 different families.

The family in this one are white. I expect it still won't be good enough for the racist knuckledraggers though

Smores

My woke detector must be faulty as when i saw that advert not for a second did i think it would be controversial. I can't imagine why anyone would care that the family happen to be black, the victim complex in those comments is off the charts.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Bloody families that aren't my family acting like Christmas is for them too and not just for me. Christmas is about togetherness for ME and an excuse to fill my kids up with sweets so they're sluggish and easy to dropkick away from my personal mountain of pigs in blankets.

bsCallout

Do these people behave like this in the real world or is it just online?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nothing new here.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
So - a nice happy middle-class family having a nice family Christmas ... but they happen to be black, so people are having a problem with it? It's pathetic, it really is.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I don’t know why I’m still surprised by this shit but some of those comments, fecking hell, it’s not even veiled anymore.

I despair at the state of this country at the moment.
"First they brought us reggae and nicer food, now they're making adverts less white. Where will it end?!"

Honestly though, you're dead right - this country is a fecking mess. Run by morons for morons.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Why should it even matter ? Are they not people too ? Can you imagine how sad of a life you must have to lead to think like this is a problem.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
The same happened just a few months ago in the summer when Argos had an advert that featured a black family.

I hope some people recognizes some of the twats leaving comments like that at they have to face actual consequences in their life in the real world.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
What's the old adage about equality feeling like oppression?

To the terminally thick and ignorant it feels like they're being replaced and they don't like it.

Not realising that you've been above everyone else for so long that they need some representation as a tiny, miniscule part of bringing them in line with you is enough to amplify the anger and bitterness, especially when there are zero consequences for being a cnut anonymously online.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Let me guess, the same people who are crying about this will be the ones calling everyone else ‘snowflakes’ for being ‘work’.

Honestly these people are so sensitive.

Smores

No one done the 'they have an opinion we have an opinion so the middle is true' shtick yet. Always look forward to those bastions of truth and reason.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Bloody families that aren't my family acting like Christmas is for them too and not just for me. Christmas is about togetherness for ME and an excuse to fill my kids up with sweets so they're sluggish and easy to dropkick away from my personal mountain of pigs in blankets.
:lol:

If I ever become a parent I'll have to remember this!

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Three things about this

1 - this is exactly why representation matters; we're used to seeing heteronormative white faces as 'normal' anything beyond that, means abnormality in the eyes of a lot of people.
2 - this is exactly why 'I don't see colour' is a flawed concept that should be laughed out the door
3 - this is exactly why racism is more than the dictionary definition.

I think they're all paid actors in that advert.
:lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Shock horror. For years I didn’t read comments from videos, articles etc that had any black or Asian people in it because it’s just going to be racist comments.

There was an advert a couple years back that had a few races (may have been Sainsbury’s) and comments were “oh look at Sainsbury’s putting in the token black person to cover diversity”. These morons just don’t want anything but white faces in their adverts. Anything else is being ‘woke’ apparently.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Aldi did one with a family of carrots and they're like 0% of our population. No complaints.

Spark

1) It's fecking stupid that people would get offended at this. Thick, racist, knobheads.

2) There are actually going to be 3 adverts (2 of which are released.. the one in the OP and the one posted below) featuring, presumably, 3 different families.

The family in this one are white. I expect it still won't be good enough for the racist knuckledraggers though
I was Team Sainos against the racists. Now I have to boycott them for having scousers in an ad.

JOKING OBVS live opposite a massive Sainsbury's and can not be bothered to go elsewhere.

littlepeasoup

I honestly can't get my head around thinking like that - it's such an alien concept to me - seeing someone different than you and immediately thinking 'other'. It's a sad, small world these people live in - although I'm sure they'll happily devour fruits of black and ethnic culture when it suits them.