Sane in talks with Bayern?/ Signed for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m curious to see his performances in a non-Guardiola team.

Devil81

I'd be amazed if they sold him as he's such a talent.

I could see him wanting to go to Bayern 100% but what on earth would City be thinking selling someone of his ability.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He'd be a superb signing for Bayern.
I'm actually envious of the fact that Bayern put such a clear focus on always having wingers in the side, for years they had Robben and Ribery and when they had Coman and Costa they were clearly planning ahead even then

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

I could see him wanting to go to Bayern 100% but what on earth would City be thinking selling someone of his ability.
Pep is brutal (and that's why he's the best). Had no problems selling the likes of Yaya Toure, Eto'o and Sanchez at Barca when they were all at their best as well. If you dont fit into his philosophy then you're done

Bwuk

I'm actually envious of the fact that Bayern put such a clear focus on always having wingers in the side, for years they had Robben and Ribery and when they had Coman and Costa they were clearly planning ahead even then
Agreed. I'd love us to play with actual wingers.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Pep is brutal (and that's why he's the best). Had no problems selling the likes of Yaya Toure, Eto'o and Sanchez at Barca when they were all at their best as well. If you dont fit into his philosophy then you're done
Which Sanchez?

Treble

Think they want him to stay but can't guarantee him a starting place as Sterling and Bernardo suit Guardiola's tactics better. He has also an attitude problem and we know that Guardiola is ready to kick out any player who questions him, even if he is among the best out there. There is a reason why Eto'o hates him. Guardiola had no time for his antics.

Fer

I read somewhere that City want to sell Sane and Jesus to sign Joao Felix.

Maybe they need more a player like Felix considering they already have Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez as wingers.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No matter how good he is as a talant some managers require their players to have a certain mindset to his in with the squad. Clearly Sane has some issues with his mindset his national team didnt select him and his club want rid of him.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Is it just me who feels Sane is a bit wasted at City and not the best fit for Guardiola's style of play? He seems more of a counter attacking player and at his best when he has more space to run into rather than playing against packed defences where City have 65+% every game.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
The problem with Leroy is his consistency. It's difficult to say whether this will come with age because he's had so many off days this season. Whether you can put that down to a lack of starts, I don't know.

I would be disappointed to see him go. He's got it in him to be one of the very best. Aside from De Bruyne, he's the best striker of the ball in our squad.

Nr.7

Uli Hoenes just confirmed Bayerns interest in Sane.
They always speak about other clubs players publicly. Same happened with Hudson-Odoi. They’re such can’ts.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is it just me who feels Sane is a bit wasted at City and not the best fit for Guardiola's style of play? He seems more of a counter attacking player and at his best when he has more space to run into rather than playing against packed defences where City have 65+% every game.
What top team doesn't face packed defences?

Hulksmash

Sane is way more talented that B Silva and Sterling.

Attidude can be fixed

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Valid point, but I feel it's different for a Guardiola team due to the way they play.
It's true that basically no team is as dominant as Guardiola's but in return his positional football also supports attackers like very few other coaches. It's no accident that his teams score tons of goals, despite opponents trying to be as defensive and passive as possible against his sides.
At another club Sane will get more space, but he will also get less structure and less support.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
If that's the case he should join Liverpool and not Bayern.

charlie9882

He's being sold because he isn't signing a contract extension. City have been trying to get him to sign one for 18 months.

WokoTheGreat

Supports
Barca
I'm not saying Sterling and Sane don't stretch the wings.

All I'm saying is Sane can only play as a traditional winger/SS, these are his best role whereas Sterling can play as an inverted forward on the left, as a traditional winger on the right side or SS.

If you look at Pep's Barca side, the likes of Villa, Pedro were inverted wing forwards who cut in several times, while Alves and Alba stretched the wings. Maybe that's what he's trying to do at Mancity. I know that Pep tried Sane on the right in his first season but he wasn't good until he was moved to the left.
Not true. At Barca Pep had Eric Abidal and Dani Alves as his fullbacks. Dani was the more offensive fullback that would play high up the pitch while Abidal had a much more reserved role, often even acting as a 3rd CB.

Pedro and Villa were instructed to stay wide and stretch the pitch creating more space for Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to operate.

Aloysius's Back 3

Sane is being sold because even though he has a great left foot - he plays better on the left than on the right.

He doesn't play as an inverted forward whilst sterling is doing exactly that on the left hand side.

Same either stays being a back up option or goes to a club that doesn't need that type of forward - ie bayern.

Kaglish10

Not true. At Barca Pep had Eric Abidal and Dani Alves as his fullbacks. Dani was the more offensive fullback that would play high up the pitch while Abidal had a much more reserved role, often even acting as a 3rd CB.

Pedro and Villa were instructed to stay wide and stretch the pitch creating more space for Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to operate.
Alba and Alves constantly stretched the wings. Pedro and Villa were always moving inwards. Villa's goal against Madrid in the CL happened when he was central before Messi passed to him. It was more of a diamond with Messi at the tip while Pedro and Villa were more or less the forwards. The likes of Alba and Alves were always combing forward to stretch the wings.

predator

Youth NITK
I've noticed when watching him for city that he gives the ball away more than any other attacking player. Pep maybe doesn't like that.

Other than that, he's brilliant imo. City are in the position where they can lose someone as good as him and not worry.

Fer

It would be amazing to have Sane in our team, just imagine Sane and Sancho as our wingers, and Felix behind the striker. But we are linked with Moussa Dembele and Daniel James to improve our attack.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Sane is being sold because even though he has a great left foot - he plays better on the left than on the right.

He doesn't play as an inverted forward whilst sterling is doing exactly that on the left hand side.

Same either stays being a back up option or goes to a club that doesn't need that type of forward - ie bayern.
I think he's being sold only because he won't sign a new deal. If he wanted to stay why would they sell him, it's not like they need the money.

Shark

@NotShark
It would be amazing to have Sane in our team, just imagine Sane and Sancho as our wingers, and Felix behind the striker. But we are linked with Moussa Dembele and Daniel James to improve our attack.
Of course we are, this summer was always destined to be a disaster.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think he's being sold only because he won't sign a new deal. If he wanted to stay why would they sell him, it's not like they need the money.
Yeah definitely - but I think sane is not staying because he isn't getting played in his best position & is competing with someone who doesn't look like he can be dropped either. If sane was a RW as fluid as he is on the left I think he'd make Mahrez & the others RW's feel like he does playing second fiddle to sterling.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah definitely - but I think sane is not staying because he isn't getting played in his best position & is competing with someone who doesn't look like he can be dropped either. If sane was a RW as fluid as he is on the left I think he'd make Mahrez & the others RW's feel like he does playing second fiddle to sterling.
Yeah, he doesn't really suit their tactical setup. And maybe questions about his attitude and application.

To me he looks like the perfect old school winger. And it just pisses me off that Bayern will get a free run at this. They've normally always spent way below MV on players. Remember it being the case all the way back to when they picked up Ballack and Ze Roberto for absolute pittance...

DRM

Because we are a bang average team right now with CL next season. Why would any top player want to leave a better club and join our shit show?

RooneyLegend

I've always been a bit confused by Pep's treatment of Sane this season. IMO he is a super player and better than Sterling the only difference is the latter fits Guardiola's type of wide player more.

Last season and the first half of this season just gone, Sane was absolutely unplayable at times. His assist ratio since he's been in the PL says it all and he gets a good amount of goals for a winger.

Who can City bring in that is better than Sane?
Agree with this. It's quite puzzling what's happened to him at City. This is the sort of decision we need them to make more of. It's an obvious mistake IMO.

Andrew Wolf

Supports
Manchester City
Agree with this. It's quite puzzling what's happened to him at City. This is the sort of decision we need them to make more of. It's an obvious mistake IMO.
He's had a contract offer on the table for a year and a half and it's still unsigned. In the meantime, he's no longer a guaranteed starter due to Bernardo and Sterling's form. While he hasn't been a regular starter, City have amassed 98 points and won a domestic treble.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to sell but if he won't sign a contract, City really have no choice but to sell and replace while they can, especially with a potential transfer ban coming next season.

Need to verify whether he plans to sign it or not. If it's a no or an undecided, he has to go for the maximum fee and City have to chase Felix

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's had a contract offer on the table for a year and a half and it's still unsigned. In the meantime, he's no longer a guaranteed starter due to Bernardo and Sterling's form. While he hasn't been a regular starter, City have amassed 98 points and won a domestic treble.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to sell but if he won't sign a contract, City really have no choice but to sell and replace while they can, especially with a potential transfer ban coming next season.

Need to verify whether he plans to sign it or not. If it's a no or an undecided, he has to go for the maximum fee and City have to chase Felix
Yeah. They're not pandering to their players. This is how United used to operate.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He gives City a great plan B when tiki taka isn't working. Tactically it'll be a huge step backwards if they let him go and fail to replace his directness with the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The problem with Leroy is his consistency. It's difficult to say whether this will come with age because he's had so many off days this season. Whether you can put that down to a lack of starts, I don't know.

I would be disappointed to see him go. He's got it in him to be one of the very best. Aside from De Bruyne, he's the best striker of the ball in our squad.
He was excellent last season and he's still very young.

NoPace

I read somewhere that City want to sell Sane and Jesus to sign Joao Felix.

Maybe they need more a player like Felix considering they already have Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez as wingers.
I could see the previously rumoured Jesus for Rodri swap happening with Atletico, Gundogan staying and then City buy Felix to be both the backup 9 and the backup LW.

Sterling-Aguero-Bernardo as a front 3 with Mahrez and Felix backing them up (Foden some minutes there too), then DeBruyne, David Silva starting with Gundogan and Foden backing up the CMs (Bernardo also getting time there), with Rodri and Fernandinho as the 6s.

That's 11 guys to play 6 spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.