Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
With or without Manchester United the Saudis will always buy weapons from your governments and if your governments decline then Russia will step in and supply them. This world is just full of cnuts who will do anything for money.

I think if they ever buy United, which is by no means a done deal, they will find ways of incorporating people like Sir Alex, Sir Bobby and other club luminaries just like the Glazers have kept the two around for optics.
Who are the cnuts? Those who conceive, manufacture, use and sell weaponry or those who simply buy and use them?

Last edited:

LARulz

Title of this topic should change a bit or something. There's been nothing on this except that original OP, the rest is moral debates

stevoc

What if a majority want to respect a specific belief system?

Also how you reconcile your beliefs alongside guzzling Saudi oil?
How do you know he even drives?

Even if he does as he's in Ireland he doesn't have to worry about it, as Ireland doesn't import oil from Saudi Arabia. Even the UK only imports 3% of it's oil from SA.

Seven Seas Sardines

Title of this topic should change a bit or something. There's been nothing on this except that original OP, the rest is moral debates
Since the original revelation was probably click-bait and no one has come out to enforce this, there's really only one way conversations can go when creating a thread about such questionable human beings.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How do you know he even drives?

Even if he does as he's in Ireland he doesn't have to worry about it, as Ireland doesn't import oil from Saudi Arabia. Even the UK only imports 3% of it's oil from SA.
Maybe today, but certainly not in the past.

And my point is not aimed only at him, but at every UK person who finds it so easy to condemn Saudi Arabia despite enjoying Saudi oil's contribution to UK society over many decades, and the vast revenues our weapon manufacturing UK Government gets from selling arms to them, some of which that have been used by Saudi on the helpless people of Yemen.

I have serious hatred for Saudi Arabia, but these above issues are not very well thought out and when analysed are deeply hypocritical.

Last edited:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
You can always support FC United if this goes through.

BlueHaze

Well one things been confirmed here which is that we no longer can write this off as bs. Prior to this I would agree since only shite papers would write about it but now we have a Saudi investor publically letting the world know there is interest from the Saudi camp. On his facebook page he's even claiming the club was taken over by the Saudis yesterday.

I'm starting to believe this will actually happen soon enough and not sure how to feel.

Seven Seas Sardines

Think I'd still support us if Hitler was our owner tbh. My support of the club is not healthy.
In ten years you won't be spouting stuff like this, if you'd use the time well to see the world and its precious people. When I was your age I thought it was a super power to be indifferent to cruelty, but I soon realised it's not.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
HAHAHAHAHA Religion isn't wrong or right? Does Santa Claus exist? Religion isn't anything because God (as in any God) doesn't exist. Anyone who believes in a God is an idiot and anyone who bases their laws on that is a super idiot. Nobody should respect something that doesn't exist. The Saudi Arabians that believe in that shit are complete and utter morons and if you believe it you're the exact same.
I think you could make your point without being so insulting.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I’m not a believer myself but I think you should have a bit more respect for other people’s beliefs than that. You’re adamant about something you can disprove as much as they can prove.
I agree with your first point 100%. Although proving non-existance is a logical impossibilty and so it isn't equivalent to believing based on zero evidence. Probably why people like Dawkins (and me) are functional athiests but are in fact still agnostics because they are open to following evidence if it should arrive, no matter how unlikely they think that is.

Last edited:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I agree with your first point 100%. Although being unable to prove non-existance is a logical impossibilty so isn't equivalent to believing based on zero evidence. Probably why people like Dawkins (and me) are functional athiests but are in fact still agnostics because they are open to following evidence if it should arrive, no matter how unlikely they think that is.
I just had a spaghetti headache trying to work out what that meant :lol::lol::lol:

RUCK4444

HAHAHAHAHA Religion isn't wrong or right? Does Santa Claus exist? Religion isn't anything because God (as in any God) doesn't exist. Anyone who believes in a God is an idiot and anyone who bases their laws on that is a super idiot. Nobody should respect something that doesn't exist. The Saudi Arabians that believe in that shit are complete and utter morons and if you believe it you're the exact same.
Absolute disgrace of a post.

Don’t think I’ve seen anything quite as ignorant as this before on the caf.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This could genuinely be the end of my 35 year support. Hoping it’s not true.
A guy who used to peep in the Ladies' toilets didnt bother you? A cnut didnt an LBO on the club and bled the club dry of a $1billion didn't bother you?

Let's face it, owners of United have had sordid histories. MBS would just be another but a lot richer.

RedDevilRoshi

Apologies if this has already been posted.
Well that’s it pretty much confirmed that it’s happening now :lol:

Anyways on a more serious note, no one reputable that has links to the club like Stone & Peach have came out and either refuted these claims or even mentioned that’s it’s a possibility it could happen.

It’s probably something to keep an eye on.

manutddjw

I’m kind of disappointed in some of our fans. It seems being used as a propaganda tool by an evil regime is perfectly acceptable as long as we can buy Neymar, Mbappe, Oblak, Kane and whoever else they’ve been putting in their XI all over Twitter since this story broke today. And it’s kind of funny too, because we’ve certainly spent like a plastic club since Sir Alex left and we haven’t come near winning the league.

We don’t need to become a Saudi’s bitch or need a galactico in every position to become successful. We need a klopp and with the decent amount we do spend we’d be a force again without selling our souls as a club and individuals.

stevoc

Maybe today, but certainly not in the past.

And my point is not aimed only at him, but at every UK person who finds it so easy to condemn Saudi Arabia despite enjoying Saudi oil's contribution to UK society over many decades, and the vast revenues our weapon manufacturing Government gets from selling arms to them, some of which that have been used by Saudi on the helpless people of Yemen.

I have serious hatred for Saudi Arabia, but these above issues are not very well thought out and when analysed are deeply hypocritical.
I don't think he's from the UK though. Unless he's in Northern Ireland.

The UK may have imported more in the past i don't have the exact numbers. But i can't imagine it was ever a great amount seeing as the UK produces lots of oil itself and Norway who is also a large producer is right on the doorstep. Regardless today in 2019 it's unlikely that UK based United fans are buying Saudi Oil to fuel their cars.

It's horrible that the UK government continues to sell arms to brutal regimes but no matter which party is voted in they all do it. Tories or Labour makes no difference. So theres not much a UK citizen can do to stop it, doesn't mean they don't have the right to voice an opinion on barbaric regimes like the Saudi's. Especially to voice their disapproval at the thought of them taking over the football club they support which has nothing to do with the UK Government.

Last edited:

Seven Seas Sardines

I think you could make your point without being so insulting.
Reading his post was as awkward as reading back facebook posts from my teenage years. :nervous: You agree with what he says, but there's no way this person ever had a meaningful conversation in his life.

I just had a spaghetti headache trying to work out what that meant :lol::lol::lol:
Thanks for sharing that head ache. Still not sure myself. :houllier: I guess we'll all be eternally unable to prove that non-existence is a logical impossibility.

sglowrider

I’m kind of disappointed in some of our fans. It seems being used as a propaganda tool by an evil regime is perfectly acceptable as long as we can buy Neymar, Mbappe, Oblak, Kane and whoever else they’ve been putting in their XI all over Twitter since this story broke today. And it’s kind of funny too, because we’ve certainly spent like a plastic club since Sir Alex left and we haven’t come near winning the league.

We don’t need to become a Saudi’s bitch or need a galactico in every position to become successful. We need a klopp and with the decent amount we do spend we’d be a force again without selling our souls as a club and individuals.
Its been that way in the past, mate. In the 70s we were like that, galacticos. We used to outbid and out-pay most teams in the league for decades. We used to break the British transfer record consistently. It was a shocker when one of the 21 other teams would break it once in a while.

It's just goes in cycles.

Seven Seas Sardines

Anyways on a more serious note, no one reputable that has links to the club like Stone & Peach have came out and either refuted these claims or even mentioned that’s it’s a possibility it could happen.

It’s probably something to keep an eye on.
More like Woodward's briefed them to let the rumours spread for the stock to return to its former glories.

RUCK4444

A series of shameless contradictions. Whatever makes you sleep well at night.
Not when you consider the context of each point.

My first point about it being different to City and Chelsea when they were taken over by rich owners is valid.
We are an established club and the most successful in the country. They were most certainly not.

The point about competing with Europe’s elite simply points out that in order to compete year in year out with these clubs we need owners that allow us to consistently spend to our maximum limit and invest heavily in the club and facilities (not drain our funds.)
This is what those clubs all benefit from.

The major difference being we just need an owner to let us realise our potential and release what we already earn as a major brand in world football.
If we do not have this basis of ownership then we will always be chasing this pack of clubs, not leading them.

manutddjw

Its been that way in the past, mate. In the 70s we were like that, galacticos. We used to outbid and out-pay most teams in the league for decades. We used to break the British transfer record consistently. It was a shocker when one of the 21 other teams would break it once in a while.

It's just goes in cycles.
Different situation in my view. I have no problem spending big on players or bringing in big names, in fact I encourage it. What I am totally against is the glee and condoning bringing in an evil, oppressive regime just because some fans believe that we’ll sign every top player in world football. To top it off I’m of the belief that you could have a world XI, but if the manager is clueless it makes no difference.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I don't think he's from the UK though. Unless he's in Northern Ireland.

The UK may have imported more in the past i don't have the exact numbers. But i can't imagine it was ever a great amount seeing as the UK produces lots of oil itself and Norway who is also a large producer is right on the doorstep. Regardless today in 2019 it's unlikely that UK based United fans are buying Saudi Oil to fuel their cars.

It's horrible that the UK government continues to sell arms to brutal regimes but no matter which party is voted in they all do it. Tories or Labour makes no difference. So theres not much a UK citizen can do to stop it, doesn't mean they don't have the right to voice an opinion on barbaric regimes like the Saudi's. Especially to voice their disapproval at the thought of them taking over the football club they support which has nothing to do with the UK Government.
I have literally linked you evidence on both counts so your 'imagination' could do with some more education!
The Government is the People is the Government. Certainly in a mature western democracy. So the first part of 2nd paragraph is also a delusion. Likewise, I think it's horrible that my Government manufactures weapons, let alone sell them to others!! Of course you can criticise others, but it's deeply hypocritical, and ethically, you don't have a leg to stand on.

As I said and posted in another thread, I do not want Saudi arabia any where near my club, but many of the arguments are deeply hypocritical when from UK people, and possibly mask other motives.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Different situation in my view. I have no problem spending big on players or bringing in big names, in fact I encourage it. What I am totally against is the glee and condoning bringing in an evil, oppressive regime just because some fans believe that we’ll sign every top player in world football. To top it off I’m of the belief that you could have a world XI, but if the manager is clueless it makes no difference.
Its worked at RM.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This literally makes no difference to our football moving forward. Unless this means Ed is leaving too. We haven't had a problem with having enough money to buy players, we have had a problem of spending the money on the right players that FIT in a team.

In fact, our wealth has actually made it harder to buy players because we've run into walls on pure virtue of our commercial success and record revenues.

You bring the Saudi's into the equation then there's no chance in hell are we not going to be milked even more in negotiations. It'll be farcical.

Unless of course, we have extra... more special.. threats - I mean - "incentives" that persuade clubs to sell to us.

AP88

Supports
Man City
If this goes ahead, it’s time for a new Manchester club.

It’s embarrassing that our city sees mass protests against the the ultimately harmless EDL goons, Trump, Tories, Climate Change etc, but not a fecking peep about the fact the that one of our clubs - potentially soon both - is a PR plaything of savages who by default oppress women, homosexuals, publicly behead, punish apostasy with death, and have been bombing, torturing and starving Yemenis for the past few years.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The main problem here is We have several intellectual, very critical football fans that will argue with themselves in the mirror as long as it gives them satisfaction. Sometimes You guys are talking too much. If you want to stop supporting the club due to change in ownership, just do it, nobody is stopping you. Just remember that this isn't 100% and this HAS NOT HAPPENED. There haven't been credible sources (other than Evra) that talked about this. Also remember that structural changes happen to all organization, They happen all the time. ManUnited isn't in the white list.

Some people here, They can't separate football from ownership/business (corporation). And then once They bring in business (which is already 'the other' side of football), They can't separate it from politics. Once They bring in politics, They start to include human rights. Once They bring in human rights, They start to include Religion (?). And once They talk about religion, They start to talk about being agnostic or atheist. After that you know that it's going to be the same tiring, pointless discussion of people defending their personal views, which isn't related to ManUnited at all. It's about you.

Here's a breaking news for you : It's annoying as feck. You see, by the end of the day Glazers can sell anytime to anyone They want. They have the legal ownership. And If that's a problem for you just stop supporting the club. Nobody really cares about your view on religion. I believe it's too far stretched from what this forum is all about, which is MANCHESTER UNITED FORUM.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Why are people so offended by Saudi money in football? Its a game of kicking a ball, if they want to spend their money on it fair fecks

dabeast

When Abramovich bought Chelsea, United in 2003 went through a few years when it seemed we would never be able to win again. Then the Glazers bought United and started buying players like Anderson, Nani, Buttner, Bebe, Valencia and the ONLY reason we won five titles subsequently was the genius of Alex Ferguson. While Roman has lost some interest in Chelsea, they still win titles regularly.

The sovereign wealth fund of Abu Dhabi then bought the world’s most useless club and now they buy the best manager and players in the world while we just watch. Their football is breathtaking and out of reach for us because of that investment. Have you ever seen a player in a contract dispute with or wanting to leave City? They get whoever they want and keep them because they pay more than anyone else.

Barca and Real are both non-profits with massive implicit public funding. Bayern has a similar ownership structure. PSG has City-like (probably greater) financial backing.

We are not where we’d like to be. We make the mistake of blaming players for not playing well, managers for making bad decisions. We can sit back and counter attack and win a trophy here and there but there is NO way that a for-profit club with a debt burden can compete in a sustained fashion with Barca, Real, Bayern, PSG, City and Chelsea.

We owe something to our players. Rashford is potentially a Ballon D’Or winner but won’t get there at United. I know we don’t trust Pogba because he left, but he is exactly the same. Bryan Robson never won as much as he should have only because he played in the wrong era. Journeymen like Gary Neville played in the right one and have trophies overflowing.

We are in a strange position that ONLY one entity in the world can get us back there. Big Tech could but won’t. The Norwegian sovereign fund won’t, we are too expensive for the other oil states who would rather buy fixer-uppers like Chelsea. Jim Ratcliffe, Bezos and Bill Gates don’t have enough money.

So, I just want my beloved MUFC to allow us to dream again. I want us to attack, attack, attack and to show my kids the beauty of a Giggs twisted blood run, a Scholes diagonal to Ronaldo, a Rooney debut against Fenerbahce. Saudi society is emerging into the light and if we can be part of that, it would be a positive result. They are unlikely to behave badly as owners (unlike the Glazers) because they need PR and are buying us because of that.

In the end, I don’t care where the money comes from, all great fortunes have terrible crimes and all that. Money makes football dream and we need much more of it.

Andy_Cole

It’s embarrassing that our city sees mass protests against the the ultimately harmless EDL goons, Trump, Tories, Climate Change etc, but not a fecking peep about the fact the that one of our clubs - potentially soon both - is a PR plaything of savages who by default oppress women, homosexuals, publicly behead, punish apostasy with death, and have been bombing, torturing and starving Yemenis for the past few years.
Okay mate.

As a British, season ticket Muslim. You comparing what the Saudis do in their own county, to the EDL, BMP wankers who spread hate in our country. You can feck off mate if you think ‘innocent’ EDL is compared to the Saudis.

Cloud7

Think I'd still support us if Hitler was our owner tbh. My support of the club is not healthy.
At least you’re open about this fact, and while I disagree with it, I can respect your views on it. On the other hand, the hordes of people displaying all manner of mental gymnastics to make it seem like the Saudi Royal family aren’t that bad is abhorrent.

Just come right out and say that all you care about is the money that they will pump into the club.

Atay

oil's at the wheel, tell me how good does it feel....
I'll get my coat.

cyril C

Not when you consider the context of each point.

My first point about it being different to City and Chelsea when they were taken over by rich owners is valid.
We are an established club and the most successful in the country. They were most certainly not.

The point about competing with Europe’s elite simply points out that in order to compete year in year out with these clubs we need owners that allow us to consistently spend to our maximum limit and invest heavily in the club and facilities (not drain our funds.)
This is what those clubs all benefit from.

The major difference being we just need an owner to let us realise our potential and release what we already earn as a major brand in world football.
If we do not have this basis of ownership then we will always be chasing this pack of clubs, not leading them.
Well, Saudi or not won't change the dynamics. We have been spending money like water in past few years, only for flop. I think we need a talent technical director or better scouting chief who can do a better job, and a new sponsor for our shirt, rumour to discontinue when contract expire.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Harmless EDL, trump and Tories? Tell that to the non-white person.

Status
Not open for further replies.