Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The level of hypocrisy in this thread. To all those so passionate about Saudi Arabia and all the brutal regime, do you share the same sentiments towards Israel? Do you boycott any company who donates towards the nation. They are also guilty of horrific war crimes. Are we going to be consistent? Did you attend rallies against our own former PM Tony Blair who is a war criminal when he was in charge?
The point I am making is people are very quick to point the finger to what suits the narrative. I am in no way defending the Saudis, in my eyes F**k anyone who kills the innocent. But let's be fair and consistent in our passion against the c**ts in this world
Whataboutism qualifies as defending in my book.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well this thread took at turn, as expected, really.

kidbob

No man, talking about it is good. Honestly this sort of discussion can make us better people as long as we are willing to do it peacefully.

Personally I am religious but still I despise Saudi royalties in general, I see the consequences of the war they have waged in Yemen.

Man United and football is an escape to forget about the misery, death and destruction of Yemen (there is a big yemeni community here and as you can imagine they have directly and indirectly impacted). If the same cnuts take the reigns of my club, I am not sure how I can support it the same as before.
Exactly as I feel mate. I don't agree with any religion but I will respect anyone who practices it. I came off as an idiot earlier and I accept my mistake. I guess it's an oxymoron in that most religions and religious people believe in peace but some use religion and their belief's as an excuse for violence. It's an inditement of humanity as a whole that we can use any "excuse (mostly economic) as a reason for violence. To be honest I think most of us are guilty of pinning it on one or two things rather than the multitudes of reasons that humans are bad to each other.

mu4c_20le

How can that make sense? Where did you get that information from as I’ve not heard anything like that and I know Christians who live in Saudi and they’ve never mentioned anything like this.
Blasphemy is punishable by death over there, but it depends on the case, and is not an automatic death sentence.

stevoc

The Express published a story 2 hours ago saying this is possible.

No facts though sounds like bullshit.
Yeah for anyone hoping this takeover goes through they shouldn't be getting the tea towels ready based on an article from the Express.

kidbob

Anyway guys I love discussing this subject and hopefully I'll be on tomorrow but I have a pregnant girlfriend wanting a sandwich!

Scholsey2004

If the Saudis do buy us I'm sure there'll be a concerted push to keep pogba at the club. Top class player and devout Muslim who regularly makes the pilgrimage to Mecca would appeal to them as the face of United I'm sure. They probably already know him to some extent.

Amarsdd

Glazers support Trump and the US military kills lots of people. Why aren't you leaving now?

Regardless this is all bollocks
Is United being used to make Trump and US military look good?

Hasawi Red

This post should not go unnoticed. This is really what it's all about.

Stay safe, man.
I will, thank you. But i wish I can add more to the discussion, but i cant just post what i think and how i feel about this as all joking aside its not advisable to put it mildly.

Although, to all those that think it will be rosy if they bought us please know that they are incompetent and we all know money wasn't the only problem United had the past 6 years!

Carl S Bridge

That’s your opinion. That’s their opinion. What’s to make you say YOUR opinion is the right one?
Pure hypocrisy in this sentiment
I'm sorry, correct me if I am wrong, are you suggesting that a country basing their laws on a 2000 year plus man's words based around a mystifying man in the sky is the way forward???????

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Could it not hablve come just after shaking hands and making it official?
Not saying I believe this but it wouldnt be unrealistic to see a leak from their end as soon as discussions are completed.
Also saw the governement have jad a fallen out with WWE and are litetally holding them hostage refusing to let them go home so feck this story.
Not even slightly true:

A chartered WWE passenger flight operated by Atlas Air is currently delayed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia due to a mechanical issue,” the company wrote. “The flight was scheduled to depart at 0300 local time on November 1. Our top priority is always to ensure our passengers arrive safely and on time at their destination. The aircraft is being repaired and will be inspected and certified before returning to service to transport our passengers to their final destination. We regret that operational disruptions delayed the flight and apologize to our passengers who were inconvenienced.”

Seven Seas Sardines

I think it's more likely that Woodward and the Glazers are master gossipers and realise that genocidal terrorists might have even less pulling power than themselves. Settling for the devil you know is easier.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not to me no. I see both sides here. I see the fact you were pretty brutal towards religious people to begin with, but I also agree with your sentiment that hardline Saudi Islam only has one people to look after and that is hardline Saudi Islam. Even moderate regular Muslims are victimised by those 'above' them.
What you are referring to as ‘hardline Saudi Islam’ is the minority sect of Wahhabism which the royal Al Saud family practice and enforce on their subjects.

Most Muslims find Wahhabism oppressive and it is not followed by the vast majority of Muslims who are ‘sunni'. Hence why Islam from Saudi Arabia feels very different to Sunni based Islam from SE and sub continent Asia or Turkey.

I’m a Muslim, comfortable and happy to be one and would be proud if my club was owned by someone similar. And yet I detest this Saudi royal family and their Wahhabism belief system with every ounce of my being and would be disgusted, if they owned our club.

Last edited:

TrustInOle

Firstly, to address the wwe thing. Are you people legitimately okay? You actually believe they kill every non Muslim they see? Do you realise they wanted this event to happen in the first place? You people are stuck in a bubble of ignorance and you need more holidays to see how other people live.

Secondly, the punishment for being born in Saudi as a non muslim is death? Yeah, and Ole solskjaer has already changed his name to Ali Sulayman. Dont make me laugh.
That's the trouble with the Internet, you are allowed to say whatever you want and allow people to believe that is fact. Just a poor online society I'm afraid.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
STC, while a major investor, is one of many, and don't have control over policy.

I would rather they not be involved at all, but they are not in full control, and the Saudi Royal Family is not the main beneficiary of United profits.

Once they purchase the club, it becomes a bragging piece for people who allegedly fund terrorism, and engage directly in human rights suppression.

So, it's a matter of degrees: current level of Saudi involvement is troubling, complete Saudi ownership is repulsive.
I completely understand the points you're making but should it matter the level of association? The Glazers are shaking hands with the devil but people don't seem to care. According to some on here if the Saudis take over they will stop supporting the club which has to be respected as their decision but if the Glazers are already in bed with the Saudis why has nothing been said until now? People say they don't want the Saudis representing the club in any shape or form well unfortunately it already is.

alexthelion

Im sorry but we dont have any god given right to be at the top; we were there because we earned it. And to get back there, we need to earn it again. Not selling our soul to become some Saudi prince's plaything.
That's what makes us, us.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
There is so much mental gymnastics in his thread.

Let’s take the outcry mentioned by many about how outrageous it is that Saudi buy weapons from UK Goverment.

The UK ran a murderous and exploitative empire for nearly 300 years using weaponry to subjugate or kill anyone who wouldn’t bow down to them or loot their wealth and resources. And they used some of the vast wealth they stole to fund weaponry R&D which enabled UK to become one of the worlds most advanced weapon manufacturers.

Fast forward to modern day. UK manufactures weapons and is proud of it. They used these weapons in a very legally dubious war on Iraq some of which aided killing MILLIONS of innocent civilians. Many other occasions too .But how dare another country want weapons too. How dare UK sell them to other countries! Its UK manufactured weapons that kills people in Yemen and beyond.

Likewise there are so many other falsities and mistruths about Saudi Arabia in this thread. Basically if I type it, it must be true!

I detest Saudi Arabia more than most, but this weapon argument is worse than hypocritical.

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'm not an atheist so I've no bias against religion it's possible to examine the foundations of organised religion and recognise it for it essentially is: a system of power and control buttressed by authoritative texts expediently composed and edited.
Just to correct you here, I'm atheist and it just means I reject a theistic view of the universe. It does not mean I am anti religion.

An Anti-theist is someone who wants to get rid of theistic religions.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hoping this isn't true.

Most of the WWE staff who flew over there have been stuck in Saudi Arabia for the past day for unknown reasons, with several of them taking to Twitter to ask for prayers. Despicable country.

The punishment for being born in Saudi Arabia and not believing in Islam is death. How can anyone support these cnuts?
People spreading nonsense on the internet are very dangerous

SaintMuppet

Sad to say it but I feel my lifetimes association with MUFC will soon be at an end. But principles must come first. :(

buckooo1978

I guess my scepticism is more about how much truth there is in rumours of Saudi interest rather if the Glazers would sell - we all know that the media and like-minded cnuts will write anything they can invent about United in the hope of getting attention for their crappy papers/websites/egos - a sugar daddy take-over like this at a time when we are shite seems ideal fantasy for attention-seekers, especially given the perception of the KSA in recent times.

Maybe there is some true in it, but I’m more inclined to think it’s all bollocks.
hopefully it is

would be sickening to see the Saudis get their hands on United

the FA are a disgrace if that's what qualifies as fit and proper but then again the British Govt are happy to arm the Saudis

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Trainwreck thread just like the last one on this subject.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Agreed mate. Complete 'atheist' here but I hate using that term because it suggests I believe in something, which i don't. But I respect anyone's beliefs as long as it/they don't harm anyone else. Which for hardline Islam/Saudis, isnt true. But doesn't apply to every religious person.
You can use the term atheist quite happily. It just means you reject a theistic view of the universe.

People incorrectly describe atheism as a belief in nothing. The correct way to use the word is to say 'you are atheist'and not an atheist.

I'd recommend humanism as a philosophy to go along with your atheism

Capwn

God the next few years are going to be VERY interesting. Honesty, I'm just exited United gets back to where it belongs.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I don't like the thought of not supporting a football club anymore that I've loved my entire life but I'm not supporting Saudi Arabia United.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
@Pexbo sound man. I never meant to come off as dismissive of others beliefs. Simply just trying to convey my dissatisfaction at a Saudi takeover. You put it more succinctly as I ever could! I honestly will respect any beliefs if they don't affect the majority of people. I don't want a government based on militant atheists either!!
What if a majority want to respect a specific belief system?

Also how you reconcile your beliefs alongside guzzling Saudi oil which has enabled your entire life?

Last edited:

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
You can use the term atheist quite happily. It just means you reject a theistic view of the universe.

People incorrectly describe atheism as a belief in nothing. The correct way to use the word is to say 'you are atheist'and not an atheist.

I'd recommend humanism as a philosophy to go along with your atheism
Technically aren't we all agnostic considering we'll never actually know or be able to prove/disprove?

Ricky Gervais touched on that, he's an agnostic atheist and I forget exactly how he described but essentially, we don't believe in God but we know we can't/never will be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.