Saudi Takeover - Claim deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

djembatheking

Nail on the head! So many complaints about how the Glazers are not good owners but when have the match going fans ever boycotted the big games where the world is watching for the news to become the talk of the universe? Nope instead they applaud failures like Moyes and Glazer puppets like Ole despite being out of their debts . Yes he is because he will never protest against them like Mou did and they love that complicity.

Next thing I will hear is that 'we are not like Real Madrid fans'. Of course! That is why they are the biggest club in the world with exceedingly high standards.

The salvation of this club from the Glazers nets LIE IN THE HANDS OF MATCH GOING FANS solely. Not Twitter, not Instagram, Not failure to purchase Merchandise, Not Manchester United Evening news, not letters to sponsors. As long as Old Trafford keeps experiencing bumper attendances, the Glazers will always smile to the bank irrespective of how much protests are done on social media with sponsors tagged.

Boycott the damn games especially the biggest ones. Stop turning up at Old Trafford regularly. Don't give them season tickets money. Watch from home. You will not die if you do that and see things change. The matchgoing fans are the ones who have the power to kick the American twats out.
Another non match going fan with all the answers.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
True. We know what their human rights record is like, but can they make a good burger? Because the last game I was over for I was so late I had to get food in the stadium and the burger tasted like absolute dog arse. And I have extensive experience of both.
I'm curious about your experiences with dog arse. When, how and why?

hubbuh

Things will work this way. Protesys will be made. Then Sir Alex will come out telling fans to zip it. That will put the top reds in place. Then the Saudi's will buy plenty of shiny toys and they will put the transfer muppets in place as well
The transfer muppets that are the ones that are mostly for it. The underlying subtext to those saying ‘I want us competing at the pinnacle of European football again’ is that they want to see unprecedented, supercharged level of spending (moreso than the 800-900 million Woodward has already spent during his tenure). Show me a football fan that doesn’t want their team competing at the very top! It’s just they’re willing to drop any sense of moral responsibility if it means getting there is all but guaranteed.

JonDahl

Another non match going fan with all the answers.
This is what it comes down to for glory hunters.

They have no connection to the community, Manchester, heck some of them even actively dislike England. The only reason they "support" us is because we won a lot when TVs became affordable. If the Saudi's do despicable things and use us as PR toy, they don't care. They have no connection to us other than winning. All they do is pop down to OT a couple of times and set an alarm for 03:15.

Zlatattack

You mean the genocide done by Muslims on Kashmiri Pandits in Kashmir? I agree, it needs to be mentioned more. Also you forgot to mention the opression in Pakistan and Bangladesh on Hindus. Selective outrage indeed.
Actually I was referring to the illegal annexation of Kashmir by India. The mass graves of Kashmir, mass blinding, disappearances, widespread use of rape as a weapon of war, nearly 1 million troops in an area smaller than Wales. The ban on foreign media and politicians accessing Kashmir (other than neo nazis from the far right recently hand picked by the genocidal Modi himself).

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The likelihood of this ever happening notwithstanding, it’s an interesting scenario: what would I do if United were bought by the Saudis? The most ridiculous idea I’ve seen in relation to this is that people like me would need to quit the Caf. Unless the Saudis buy the Caf too (no female posters allowed unless they can prove that they’re posting whilst wearing a beekeeper suit), why the feck would we? The most natural transition would be that the Caf becomes the number one online meeting place for - let’s say - former United supporters.

Alternatively, we could - of course - revive the old Bebe Cafe:

“Red Hot Anti Sharia Cafe, endorsed by Bebe and the free peoples of Top Red Earth”.

What does supporting United amount to? Attending matches? Buying United related products? Subscribing to MUTV? Simply willing the team to win when watching them in a pub or on an illegal stream?

The last part I don’t think I could ever refrain from doing. I couldn’t watch United without willing the team to win, that’s in my blood. So, I’d have to stop watching - cold turkey, as it were - if I thought actively willing United to win (even down the pub or in front of a laptop) implied support for the owners (and it could be interpreted that way).

The rest of it? Not really a problem. I haven’t contributed anything directly to United’s coffers for years. But I did, for many years, out of love for “Manchester United” (which meant something to me - and still means something to me) - and I couldn’t just step away from the idea of “Manchester United” as if it were nothing but a “product” I happened to endorse for decades because I fancied it (as a “product”). It isn’t a “product” - I guess that’s worth highlighting. It’s something else.

I suppose, ultimately, I would just go on in the hope that it might some day be restored to something I could, again, get behind after a fashion - it’s never been anything but “after a fashion”; my personal attachment to the idea of Manchester United has never been perfectly in synch with the real world manifestation of the football club, something I came to realize many years ago.

Jburton

Utd is a publicy traded company. Even if a takeover approach were made the company is legally bound to notify the NYSE as it would affect the share price. That news would be made public immediately.

Nothing to see here.
Incorrect, negotiations around the offer to be made regarding the price per share can happen without any notification.

Only when an offer is finalised would it need to be announced. Plus are any of the shares with voting rights traded? As far as I have heard all voting rights are retained by the Glazers, they can make a deal, announce and the rest will just have to take it.

Plenty of deals are negotiated for ages before being announced.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Actually I was referring to the illegal annexation of Kashmir by India. The mass graves of Kashmir, mass blinding, disappearances, widespread use of rape as a weapon of war, nearly 1 million troops in an area smaller than Wales. The ban on foreign media and politicians accessing Kashmir (other than neo nazis from the far right recently hand picked by the genocidal Modi himself).
Hmmm so you have nothing to say about genocide by Muslims on Kashmiri Pandits? I wonder why. Not that Islamic terrorists acts are any less with broad daylight murders of hindus they still carry out. Less said about Pakistan and Bangladesh the better on minority rights.

Bwuk

It’s going to happen isn’t it.

Awful news.

Revan

Assumptionman
Can't Jeff Bezos or someone buy us instead?
Why would he do so? To buy United, he would need to sell Amazon's shares, and Amazon is a much more profitable business than United.

It is going to be either Saudis, or a buyout financed by a large debt, no other options. No one in their right mind would put their own money to buy a football club that costs 3b+.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Why would he do so? To buy United, he would need to sell Amazon's shares, and Amazon is a much more profitable business than United.

It is going to be either Saudis, or a buyout financed by a large debt, no other options. No one in their right mind would put their own money to buy a football club that costs 3b+.
Manchester United Prime does have a nice ring to it.

RUCK4444

This +10000

I’ve been saying it so much I’m bored of it. People just can’t grasp this most obvious of points.

Any businessman spending £3-4 billion will want a return substantially greater than that amount, that’s what they call good business :rolleyes:
Can you imagine the dividend payments then??

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I dont understand why people would stop supporting the club though. The thing that is Manchester United isn't selling itself, it's being sold by people we hate.

The club wouldn't be losing its soul, it would just be going through a troubled time.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Why is everyone taking me so seriously? He was just an example of a billionaire cause he's the richest one :lol:

Sweet Square

:(

If this goes through then thats me done as a United supporter.

I dont understand why people would stop supporting the club though. The thing that is Manchester United isn't selling itself, it's being sold by people we hate.

The club wouldn't be losing its soul, it would just be going through a troubled time.
The Saudi Royal family is a monarchy who is actively causing a potential genocide in Yemen(Not to forget their domestic policy). Its one thing watching
the Glazers doing what any half decent business owners would do but with the Saudi royal family its a completely different level of disgusting.

Spoony

The People's President
True. We know what their human rights record is like, but can they make a good burger? Because the last game I was over for I was so late I had to get food in the stadium and the burger tasted like absolute dog arse. And I have extensive experience of both.
:lol:

A list for the Saudis -

New redder seats
Better burgers
A shawarma stall
Roof leak needs fixing
Drainage needs sorting out
Cathy the tea lady needs an assistant

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Mental gymnastics.

United have always been more than a football club, even in spite of the Glazers, they have been pretty much silent owners allowing Ferguson, Charlton and co to front the club.

All that will change with Saudi owners, the club won’t be our Manchester United anymore. It will be a ridiculous show piece for an oppressive regime. Any success and the first people you will see on screen will be the Saudis congratulating themselves.

Old Trafford and the surrounding area will be redeveloped and money will flow in, just like it did around Eastlands and in return the Saudis will lobby the government to keep selling them arms to keep throwing their weight around against their neighbours.

But as long as we’re fighting for the title all that can be looked over right?
Good post. I agree.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:lol:

A list for the Saudis -

New redder seats
Better burgers
A shawarma stall
Roof leak needs fixing
Drainage needs sorting out
Cathy the tea lady needs an assistant
Don’t see why, she’s got two hands — for the time being...

Paxi

[

Racist. The Saudis are more likely to ban her from driving.
They done away with that, I think women can drive now, but she’ll probably need to switch to one of them self-driving Tesla’s.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
:(

If this goes through then thats me done as a United supporter.

The Saudi Royal family is a monarchy who is actively causing a potential genocide in Yemen(Not to forget their domestic policy). Its one thing watching
the Glazers doing what any half decent business owners would do but with the Saudi royal family its a completely different level of disgusting.
But you're not supporting them. You're supporting a club that will be there after they're gone and before they came.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Saudi's can't be all that bad. They've single-handidly got @Spoony posting a bit again!

Haven't seen this much activity from him since van Gaal was here!

Paxi

But you're not supporting them. You're supporting a club that will be there after they're gone and before they came.
I agree with this. It’s barbaric regime but so long as they don’t change the colour of our shirts to green, I’ll manage. Just as I managed with Glazer’s. I mean, we already have very strong links to KSA as it is. We’re already taking a lot of their money thought deals. If we’re so morally correct then surely people would be outraged at the telecom deal and the fact that we’re their partner in football development or whatever the official name of it is. Where do you draw the line? It’s much more murky than this imo.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hopefully this performance by United will make Saudis think again. Silver linings and all.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Hmmm so you have nothing to say about genocide by Muslims on Kashmiri Pandits? I wonder why. Not that Islamic terrorists acts are any less with broad daylight murders of hindus they still carry out. Less said about Pakistan and Bangladesh the better on minority rights.
We've already got a Kashmir thread, let's not derail this one.

red thru&thru

What will happen if the Saudis take over? Where will they begin to bring the club back competing for titles?

stevoc

I have literally linked you evidence on both counts so your 'imagination' could do with some more education!
You linked to a 25 page dossier i have no idea the veracity of and to be honest don't have the time or inclination to read. You claimed the UK imported more Saudi Oil in the past, i didn't actually disagree with that i don't know if they did. I simply said i don't imagine it was ever at a very high level if they did. If you disagree with that fine i'm happy to be proven wrong on that count. Please if you are inclined provide the numbers year by year mate and i'll have a look.

The Government is the People is the Government. Certainly in a mature western democracy. So the first part of 2nd paragraph is also a delusion. Likewise, I think it's horrible that my Government manufactures weapons, let alone sell them to others!! Of course you can criticise others, but it's deeply hypocritical, and ethically, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Theres nothing in that argument for me mate. Just because someone happens to have been born and live in the UK it doesn't make them responsible for their governments actions. Not everyone votes for the current government, or any government for that matter. As such people are free to criticize brutal regimes like the Saudi's without it being hypocritical in my opinion. You are of course entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

Swiss_Red89

For me the question is not who ownes us, the question is how are we owned?

The glazers don't know how to own a football club thats for sure, if the saudis know better, let them buy us.

And please stop with the double standards. We all live in a world where we have people owning millions and billions of dollars, euros, swiss francs or whatever and don't know what to do with it, on the same day we all know there are millions of people who don't have enough to eat or drink and often die because of it. We have to start to protest against the whole current system (capitalism), not against a saudi take over of a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.