Saudis taking over Newcastle | Maybe not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
You’d wonder if the Saudis were only dipping their toes into the Premier League pool to test the waters re: their presence as owners with a bigger club in mind (cough, cough) but the wave of negativity and bad press they received with the Newcastle links left them under no illusions that they weren’t welcome here.

The Newcastle takeover was always a strange choice, to me.

Brophs

The One and Only
You'd imagine that Mike Ashley wouldn't be used to not being able to get rid of a piece of overpriced tat that has sat on the shelf for years without ever finding a buyer.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Not going to lie, their fans started to get annoying with this potential takeover.

NYAS

Pulled out? Or just gave up to save face at not passing the Premier league a owners test? Perhaps there was something in the TV piracy stuff after all. We need to get some Newcastle forum reactions in here. I have seen plenty online talking themselves up when this takeover wasn't even confirmed. Right back to reality for that lot.
The piracy stuff 100% happened for years, there isn’t any doubt about it. Looks like the PL grew a set of balls.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Good news if genuine - the Premier League does not need more sugar daddies polluting it even more than it is already.

Shame for the Newcastle fans still having Ashley to deal with, hopefully they get a good owner to run them properly with the club's resources to develop them the right way.

diarm

The issue here, is the Saudis will see it as the Prem backing Qatar over them (which is true, but BeIn Sports have been an important partner to the league so they had no choice) and could look to invest heavily into a rival league in spite.

We need an rvn

Just as well they didn't put the bid in for United then as we'd be the ones with egg on our faces with the names that would have been thrown around on the caf as to who we'll buy next

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
A moment for those fallen Newcastle fans with Saudi flags defending MBS:lol:

mu4c_20le

Toon fans gutted

So the Premier League got exactly what they wanted. Think that’s me done with football like. What’s the fecking point of watching a football club whose owner has took the absolute piss for 13 years and had actually sold the fecking club, imagine his apathy now? On top of that I’m not watching a brand that is literally telling us we’re going to be shite, they just sat on this deal and frustrated until this happened purely to keep the Liverpool, Man Utd etc wankfest club going. Sorry like this is a complete joke.

MDFC Manager

Not surprising, they aren't as loaded as made out to be. I read that for the first time in their history, they are looking to impose income taxes in their country.

fps

Good. I think it’s really about pirate TV though isn’t it? I mean, perhaps the Saudis are more well known as doing utterly evil things than the UAE lot, but still.

Bojan11

Great news. We don’t need more state funded clubs. Can’t believe some people wanted this to happen.

It also means there’s very little chance of them ever taking over us.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Good news if genuine - the Premier League does not need more sugar daddies polluting it even more than it is already.

Shame for the Newcastle fans still having Ashley to deal with, hopefully they get a good owner to run them properly with the club's resources to develop them the right way.
Random question but do other leagues have sugar daddies like premier league do?

Djemba-Djemba

The issue here, is the Saudis will see it as the Prem backing Qatar over them (which is true, but BeIn Sports have been an important partner to the league so they had no choice) and could look to invest heavily into a rival league in spite.
Why would that be an issue though?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It was all a smokescreen. Their aim was to sign a real club.

diarm

This thread is gold!

NUFC Reddit

I particularly liked the irony of this fella declaring the Premier League has blood on their hands, only for his mate to reply calling them hypocrites! Talk about cognitive dissonance.

The PL absolutely has blood on their hands for this. 16 weeks of shite for the buyers to then pull out. Not even a failed test but a show of premier league incompetence. As if a top 6 club would have this issue - no fecking chance.
They are hypocrites.

I dare them to investigate Roman Abramovich’s finances

JTW95

Gullible sausage
This thread is gold!

NUFC Reddit

I particularly liked the irony of this fella declaring the Premier League has blood on their hands, only for his mate to reply calling them hypocrites! Talk about cognitive dissonance.
I see we think alike. First thing I did was find a Newcastle United forum :lol:

Jibbs

Not surprising, they aren't as loaded as made out to be. I read that for the first time in their history, they are looking to impose income taxes in their country.
They are still more than trillion dollar rich in their sovereign fund.

diarm

I see we think alike. First thing I did was find a Newcastle United forum :lol:
I have 6 tabs open at the moment:

One is a google sheet I'm supposed to be working on but haven't looked at in 30 minutes.
One is this one.
Two are Newcastle reddit threads.
Two are Newcastle fans forums.

:lol:

I also have a Geordie fanatic of a mate having a proper meltdown to me on whatsapp. It's so raw for the poor feckers at the moment that I can't hold anything they say against them really. They're just lashing out at anything and everything.

Looking at it calmly, it seems that the league have tried to use their power to ratify the takeover as a bargaining chip to bully the Saudis into playing ball over the piracy deal. The Saudis have called their bluff, walked and Newcastle have been left with their dick in their hands as the curtain falls down.

dev1l

Some weeks ago Ashley said that he had another offer but from a US based group

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I hope this doesn't mean those feckers start sniffing around our club.

RedDevil@84

Maybe the Saudis should buy Marseille or someone in Ligue1 and give PSG some competition

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The idea this is about the time it was taking is a joke no one is buying. We will get to know the true reasons in the coming days.

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Well ain't that just a kick in the pants. One that I would have rather received two months ago in all honesty - the waiting was the worst part. Absolutely baffling timeline, this. Too many people upset and throwing wild conspiracy theories out. We'll probably never know the full truth.

Still hope Ashley goes but this Mauriss chancer ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.