Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

Sell McT and Amrabat bombs (which is very possible) and we are relying on a pair of kids in Hannibal and Mainoo to cover an ageing pair in Eriksen and Case. Ideally you would keep him, but that is probably the worst case for Scott. Needs to get away from Utd and get on with his career away from the toxicity.
I doubt that Amrabat can flop so hard that we'd reminisce about McT. In fact, I doubt that any midfielder anywhere can flop so hard.
Also, he is not a 6!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Go on Fulham, you know you want to drop a cheeky £50m bid in.

the_cliff

Palhinha would cost at least that so it's possible. Bit torn as we're facing them in the CL and Palhinha is a beast.
We'd need to have a replacement midfielder signed, since we want Amrabat regardless of Mctominay leaving that's why it would have to be a big offer to sell Mctominay this late in the window.

Can maybe see us try and hijack Gravenberch. Could be a domino effect.
Mctominay to Fulham.
Palhinha to Bayern.
Gravenberch and Amrabat to us.

Although if Fulham are interested in Mctominay we really should be hijacking Palhinha from Bayern instead and offer them a Mctominay + Cash deal, maybe the cash payable next season due to FFP. I'd rather have Palhinha than Gravenberch AND Amrabat.

mav_9me

We'd need to have a replacement midfielder signed, since we want Amrabat regardless of Mctominay leaving that's why it would have to be a big offer to sell Mctominay this late in the window.

Mctominay to Fulham.
Palhinha to Bayern.

Although if Fulham are interested in Mctominay we really should be hijacking Palhinha from Bayern instead and offer them a Mctominay + Cash deal, maybe the cash payable next season due to FFP. I'd rather have Palhinha than Gravenberch AND Amrabat.
Palhinha is an excellent DM but not a great passer. Too similar in age and style to Casemiro and too expensive to be a backup

Plastic Evra

I'd probably sell him. I think Scott deserves more minutes... elsewhere. If we had sold Maguire there was maybe an argument that McT could also pinch in at CB but it's not on the cards.
Don't know if the club can turn around to make another signing with those funds (possibly at CB; or a CF loan) but more revenue can't hurt. The club not edging the very limit of transfer spending every summer also mean that hopefully next year (or January) we'll start with a little reserve ahead.

MUFC OK

Yep, only worth if it Todibo/Gravenberch come in. We are getting Amrabat on loan with obligation to buy regardless.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Andreas Pereira has been very good for them, hope they are confident that Scott would be a similar succes.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Sell to Fulham and get Joao Neves + Amrabat on loan

And then wake up from dreaming pf Utd being capable
Why would we do that? If we get Amrabat on loan we don’t need another 18 year old midfielder on top. We need a striker and any money from Mctominay should go towards one. It seems to get unnoticed amongst the whining about Mctominay being 6th choice midfielder and Maguire being 4th choice CB that Antony Martial is currently still starting games for us when he should have been shown the door back in June.

Dannn411

Why would they want Mctominay as replacement for Palhinha? Am I missing something?

Rauður Djöfull

Why would we do that? If we get Amrabat on loan we don’t need another 18 year old midfielder on top. We need a striker and any money from Mctominay should go towards one. It seems to get unnoticed amongst the whining about Mctominay being 6th choice midfielder and Maguire being 4th choice CB that Antony Martial is currently still starting games for us when he should have been shown the door back in June.
That is a fair point
Think I as well as others am just desperate and we are not linked with any forwards, probably because we can't get rid of martial

Dannn411

The fact he's played about 150 games as a holding mid for United perhaps? To terrible effect by the way.
The fact he's played about 150 games as a holding mid for United perhaps? To terrible effect by the way.
I understand but I feel Mctominay is only effective when he's allowed to go from box to box. At DM, you need someone good on the ball and someone who is not rash and Mctominay is neither of those things. More power to them I guess. Would give us some good money to chase two CMs before deadline tomorrow.

Plastic Evra

Why would they want Mctominay as replacement for Palhinha? Am I missing something?
Someone at Bayern, maybe Tuchel himself, apparently penned in a grocery list of holding 6 including Tom McScottinay. Either they see something we are oblivious to or they're not watching as many United match as RedCafé posters.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Sell McT and Amrabat bombs (which is very possible) and we are relying on a pair of kids in Hannibal and Mainoo to cover an ageing pair in Eriksen and Case. Ideally you would keep him, but that is probably the worst case for Scott. Needs to get away from Utd and get on with his career away from the toxicity.
What toxicity? He's been well supported during his time here. There is no big club with fans who are more tolerant and accepting of mediocrity than United.

MUFC OK

I understand but I feel Mctominay is only effective when he's allowed to go from box to box. At DM, you need someone good on the ball and someone who is not rash and Mctominay is neither of those things. More power to them I guess. Would give us some good money to chase two CMs before deadline tomorrow.
Obviously we know that but completely feasible that Fulham would think he's capable of doing a job there.

Be shocked if there's another CM after Amrabat loan though.

croadyman

Should have sold him earlier and got a ball carrier which this midfield still lacks

Canucantona20

Mctominay to Fulham.
Palhinha to Bayern.

Gravenvberch is gone to scousers

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Fulham would be crazy to sell Palhinha for £60m and spend 50% or more on McTominay. As I said with Rice, he's not capable of filling those roles. At the moment it's just whispers they're interested, but I'm calling bullshit. They're not that daft I don't think.

Idxomer

It doesn't seem like he's 1st choice for Fulham, they're going for Højbjerg.

He isn't that highly rated outside of United.

Drizzle

Why are people wanting to sell him when we're not going to replace him? What am I missing?

We're getting Amrabat anyway, so this just means our net spend is lower, the Glazers are richer, and we lose a squad rotation option, albeit a mediocre one.

Mainoldo

Why are people wanting to sell him when we're not going to replace him? What am I missing?

We're getting Amrabat anyway, so this just means our net spend is lower, the Glazers are richer, and we lose a squad rotation option, albeit a mediocre one.
You know what. I couldn’t care if we don’t replace him. He needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.