g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Hold up a minute, I just realised deadline day is tomorrow and not today

joedirt87

Should have sold him earlier and got a ball carrier which this midfield still lacks
I don't think he's that bad at carrying the ball forward, which he would showcase more if we actually played him as a box to box player with an emphasis on getting forward. Just the rest of his game especially the further back he goes in midfield gets worse. Said earlier in the window I would be fine keeping him and getting someone else who can play DM so that he doesn't have to fill that role anymore, he's terrible at it.

C'est Moi Cantona

Why are people wanting to sell him when we're not going to replace him? What am I missing?

We're getting Amrabat anyway, so this just means our net spend is lower, the Glazers are richer, and we lose a squad rotation option, albeit a mediocre one.
Will put us in a better place for future transfer windows, when we are under new ownership (hopefully).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why are people wanting to sell him when we're not going to replace him? What am I missing?

We're getting Amrabat anyway, so this just means our net spend is lower, the Glazers are richer, and we lose a squad rotation option, albeit a mediocre one.
Because he is absolutely useless and we will never get decent money for him after this summer.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Selling him would almost definitely mean that Amrabat can be sorted and he is a much better option.

If he goes for £30 mil, there might even be time loan someone like Felix, and we desperately need another option there.

C'est Moi Cantona

But we have a full season ahead still and nobody to play soon if the injures keep racking up.
Mount and Amrabat in, Fred and Mctominay out, plus Mainoo promoted.

Mctominay will probably staying anyway, but it seems unlikely he'll play much if he does.

Oranges038

Because he is absolutely useless and we will never get decent money for him after this summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same answer goes to anyone that questions the sale of Fred. Fecking Pereira would still be here if it was just about having another body on the bench just in case. He's had 5 years already, enough to prove beyond any reasonable doubt he just ain't good enough.

Fred and McT out. To be replaced by Mount and maybe Amrabat. Not an overwhelming duo by any stretch, but they can't be any worse than those two.

roseguy64

The delusion of anyone to take the Bayern bait. Another Glazer up management United PR stroke " look if Bayern are interested surely he is good enough to keep". This guy is protected from high ,be under no illusion, and will outlive ETH at United. The drama will be repeated in duplicate with the Fletcher kids. A good private detective would find the relative link to SAF.
Are you saying the Glazers called up German media to get them to report on Bayern's interest in McTominay due to some kinda conspiracy? Intriguing. Tell me more.

Jericholyte2

Sell for £20m

Loan Palhinha with a £5-10m fee with an obligation to buy for £45m next season.

ThinkTank@Cafe

I do feel people are underestimating McT. He is not good fit for possession based team. But he excels in a drilled counter attacking set up. He can play in big matches. His array of skills is too limited for us but he is good at what he does and represents big value for Fulham. Look at Pereira. He is a respectable EPL player now, not some loser who is worth peanuts :smirk:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’ve got a left back, we’ll probably get Amrabat anyway even if McTominay doesn’t go…is there even any point in selling him? Unless we think we can identify, approach, then wrap up a striker in 24 hours?

edgecutter

We’ve got a left back, we’ll probably get Amrabat anyway even if McTominay doesn’t go…is there even any point in selling him? Unless we think we can identify, approach, then wrap up a striker in 24 hours?
We hang on to players far too long and will regrt not letting himgo. ETH just doesn't fancy him in our midfield and he only gets to come on for the end of matches when the team is tiring. Cash in.

2 man midfield

We hang on to players far too long and will regrt not letting himgo. ETH just doesn't fancy him in our midfield and he only gets to come on for the end of matches when the team is tiring. Cash in.
What use is the money if you can’t spend it though? If we’re using it on another midfielder, a striker or even Tobido then fair enough but I don’t see us getting chance.

saivet

What use is the money if you can’t spend it though? If we’re using it on another midfielder, a striker or even Tobido then fair enough but I don’t see us getting chance.
Might not get used this summer but would help to have some budget for January or rolled over to next summer.

OleGunnar20

Sell for anything above £20m. Bring in Amrabat on a loan with obligation. I'd rather see Hannibal & Mainoo get minutes behind our senior players than McTom.

To be fair I think he'd do very well at Fulham. Consistent gametime out of the spotlight would do wonders.

2 man midfield

Might not get used this summer but would help to have some budget for January or rolled over to next summer.
If Ten Hag refuses to use him then there’s even less point keeping him I guess

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Because having the money to spend in another transfer window is better than getting stuck with a player who’s not going to play much and has pretty much no upside.

Plastic Evra

I think the question is : If we confirm Amrabat, is McTominay surplus ? And if a good offer comes, can we do without replacing him ?

I think it is a cautious yes on both.

CM

I'd love to think we'd be sending this waster on his way but we already turned down a £30m bid for him earlier in the window. I really don't see anyone coming in with a better offer than that.

The Purley King

I'd love to think we'd be sending this waster on his way but we already turned down a £30m bid for him earlier in the window. I really don't see anyone coming in with a better offer than that.
If Fulham offer £30m then get amrabat for ~£25m = profit?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Sell him if we get Amrabat . His position should go to a younger player

caid

Its just a sensible approach? We dont need him. Its hard to find space for Mount in the team which is the only position McTominay is actually good in. As a casemiro replacement he's just getting in the way of Mainoo who might have some actual aptitude for the position. He's 3rd choice at best in any position you'd select him in.
It helps our accounts going forward and the opportunity to sell him might not be available later.
I get the thinking behind if we dont spend it it winds up in the glazers pockets but its clearly having an impact on our transfer business so casually throwing 30m (or whatever) away is just bad business

RuudTom83

I would guess that McTom won’t be interested in moving to Fulham, and will choose the path of ‘fighting for his place’ instead.

So don’t get your hopes up kids.

croadyman

Yeah zero point in selling unless we can sign any of those which won't be happening

hobbers

Theres not gonna be any dominos transfers before the window shuts involving McT sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.