Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Samuel Luckhurst: "A move for McTominay depends on the severity of Mainoo's injury and whether United receive an acceptable offer. The club have valued McTominay at between £40million-£50m after West Ham expressed interest."

"McTominay, 26, has two years left on his contract but West Ham are in the market for a new midfielder to replace Declan Rice and McTominay's agent, Colin Murdock, played under Hammers manager David Moyes at Preston North End in the late Nineties and early 2000s. McTominay's partner also resides in London."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/sofyan-amrabat-man-united-news-27411329

kaku06

Vulgarian
Imagine West Ham finally gave in and offered £40-50m for scotty but we say no because of Mainoo injury and keep him:lol:
Caf would melt.

honirelandboy

If we got 40 million either for Scott or Maguire Ten Hag should be kidnapping them and dumping them outside the club they plan to sell to. Both are absolute scutter and can't wait to see the back of them. Hopefully Mainoo injury isn't too bad and not ligament damage.

Redstain

Imagine West Ham finally gave in and offered £40-50m for scotty but we say no because of Mainoo injury and keep him:lol:
Caf would melt.
I wouldn't put it past the way the club is run with Murtough / Arnold. United have already spent close to 100 million on two players who could potentially have been acquired for free with more planning.

cyberman

Samuel Luckhurst: "A move for McTominay depends on the severity of Mainoo's injury and whether United receive an acceptable offer. The club have valued McTominay at between £40million-£50m after West Ham expressed interest."

"McTominay, 26, has two years left on his contract but West Ham are in the market for a new midfielder to replace Declan Rice and McTominay's agent, Colin Murdock, played under Hammers manager David Moyes at Preston North End in the late Nineties and early 2000s. McTominay's partner also resides in London."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/sofyan-amrabat-man-united-news-27411329
Pretty sure the story goes we’re signing a replacement for Scott if he leaves?

doomy20

We're not selling McTominay now. He's got more lives than a cat. The Mainoo injury has pretty much guaranteed his necessity until January.
Of course we will. Mainoos injury, which will probably last 2 months, won’t influence a 40M transfer. We need the funds

wolvored

If West Ham, or anyone offered £30 mill we should snap their hand off. This is the best time to sell him at premium value, as he wont get much game time if kept this season and will only have one year left on his contract. No one will be offering £30 mill next summer.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Heh. I remember Colin Murdock. Fair play to him

Reyoji-Utd

I think we under appreciate McTominay so much here. He is a very good box to box player and could be a very good player for the way West Ham play. Hes 40m minimum and we should not bow down to the pressure of our fan base and try to sell him for less. Murtough and Co should do their best to ensure we sell for good price or dont sell him (im happy at that if the sell not happen)

hehehe, incase West Ham are looking here.

croadyman

I think we under appreciate McTominay so much here. He is a very good box to box player and could be a very good player for the way West Ham play. Hes 40m minimum and we should not bow down to the pressure of our fan base and try to sell him for less. Murtough and Co should do their best to ensure we sell for good price or dont sell him (im happy at that if the sell not happen)

We need that money to keep rebuilding

December_16

Fan base has little sway over transfer I think, no matter how vocal they seem to be online.

Dempsey19

If we sell him for £40m/£45m it'll be our 4th highest transfer fee received for a player.

That's mad.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
If we manage to grind 40-45 mil for McT it's probably our best business in the history after Lukaku to Inter. Literally nothing player chapmionship level player, who will soon find a place on the bench even for the likes of WHU. I am curious if they really don't have any scouting department to go for Amrabat isntead - much better fit than subpar no8 mCtominay with only one good trait - driving with tha ball forward. But abysmall defending and positioning quality, horrific passing ability, questionable mentality, never available for the ball, and we can continue. This is the lad who plays in back 3 for Scotland because he;s not good enough to play in midfield.

Maguire on the other hand would be a great fit for them, 20m should be okay price all things considered..

Chairman Steve

I’d be happy with £30m-£35m for him. If West Ham use him as a predominately attacking box to box centre mid then he’d be great for them. That’s his main strength in my opinion.

greater wall

A PL proven player who has played in the biggest matches coming to his peak years and has started to score in international games like a striker. Newcastle also have an interest in him as well. He will get offers near the end of the window. Probably 40m easily.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not that mad. We are not a selling club.
Yup exacttly this. Let’s look through the Fergie years. I can only think of 3 players we sold either in their prime or getting there. Ince to Inter, Beckham to Madrid and of course Ronaldo.

outside of them we sold players who were past their best or just not suited anymore. That’s the way it should be.

im probably forgetting someone. But I can only think of those 3

edit: forgot Kanchelskis but he was a weird one

Devil You Know

Why are people pretending British = bad? Classic Caf nonsense?
It's hipster superiority.

British players are "mainstream" because everyone's already aware of who they are. Foreign players are better because you've "probably never heard of them".

The sense of superiority that comes from hating on British players is down to those posters thinking that they know better and are therefore cooler than the rest.

elisha27

Yup exacttly this. Let’s look through the Fergie years. I can only think of 3 players we sold either in their prime or getting there. Ince to Inter, Beckham to Madrid and of course Ronaldo.

outside of them we sold players who were past their best or just not suited anymore. That’s the way it should be.

im probably forgetting someone. But I can only think of those 3

edit: forgot Kanchelskis but he was a weird one
Jaap Stam was still in his prime. It was dressed up as him having lost a yard, but SAF just made the wrong call on the back of Stam's autobiography.

Red Rash

Regardless of Mainoo's injury if we can get 40 million for McTominay and another 20 million for Fred we should take it.

Casemiro, Amrabat, Mount, Fernandes, Eriksen and Hannibal should be enough options for us in the short term.

If we can invest that money in another CM or CF even better.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Jaap Stam was still in his prime. It was dressed up as him having lost a yard, but SAF just made the wrong call on the back of Stam's autobiography.
As soon as I posted I knew I’d forgotten an obvious one. Stam was probably the most surprising exit, we knew Fergie had issues with Ince, Becks and it was obvious Ronaldo was gone after that season he was convinced/not allowed to leave.

Stam was a shocker, and to repalce him with a spent Laurent Blanc

could you imaging the RedCafe meltdown if that happened now?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If we sell him for £40m/£45m it'll be our 4th highest transfer fee received for a player.

That's mad.
That really is, bearing in mind 30m is the price of an average defender these days.

Who are the 3?

Di Maria, Lukaku are the obvious ones.
Surely not as far back as Beckham for the 3rd?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's one theory, the other is a dirtier one about whether his future ban for failing a drugs test had come to light already.

Either way Stam for a 36 year old Blanc was one of the biggest all time downgrades.

Thankfully it wasn't for long and we ended up with Rio very soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.