Scottish Football 21-22

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The same Rangers whose fans trashed Manchester? The same Rangers that didn't pay their taxes and were relegated down to the bottom tiers of Scottish football? Both clubs have problems, but don't pretend Rangers are some holier than thou club.
Your inability to read is absolutely frightening. Read my post again.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The same Rangers whose fans trashed Manchester? The same Rangers that didn't pay their taxes and were relegated down to the bottom tiers of Scottish football? Both clubs have problems, but don't pretend Rangers are some holier than thou club.
Read his post. He didn't say Rangers are holier than thou. And that's what you generally find. You ask a neutral, they'll tell you they are both as bad as each other. Rangers fans generally accept they're not perfect, that there's issues there. However, Celtic fans seem to think bigotry, sectarianism is a 1 way street, & that they are victims, from everything from referees, to football authorities, to government officials. Its never really their fault, as can be seen with posts on here.

Last edited:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
From an outsider point of view, a club covering up child abuse is far worse than a club covering up a loophole in the tax system. I can’t stand clubs like Celtic who think they are above the law and take absolutely no punishment or responsibility for their actions.

It’s the same with the Dubai trip. It’s all about the victim as opposed to owning the responsibility.

Neither Old Firm club are particularly attractive from a neutral point of view but if you’re going to pick anyone, Rangers have far less disgusting baggage.
A club policy actively discriminating against players based on their religion is pretty disgusting, no? And Rangers have history of child abuse as well. In fact, when a former youth player came forward he was told to contact the liquidators. Same club when they want to talk about trophies but a new club when they want to avoid sexual abuse claims. Go figure.

Why football fans continue to point score over sickening shit like this is unfathomable to me. Like it's proper lowest of the low stuff.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
A club policy actively discriminating against players based on their religion is pretty disgusting, no? And Rangers have history of child abuse as well. In fact, when a former youth player came forward he was told to contact the liquidators. Same club when they want to talk about trophies but a new club when they want to avoid sexual abuse claims. Go figure.

Why football fans continue to point score over sickening shit like this is unfathomable to me. Like it's proper lowest of the low stuff.
This final paragraph pretty much details why I despite Celtic. It’s a clear victim-like attempt to sweep away why people will have a genuine dislike for that football club. Actually the whole post was ‘but what about Rangers’ and gives me more reason to despite Celtic. I don’t give a damn about Rangers.

It’s not point scoring, it’s simple dislike due to covering up child abuse. Just like I despise Jimmy Saville for what he done. That doesn’t mean I’m point scoring against the BBC, it means I don’t like him. You’re clearly, once again, playing the victim when my gripes are hardly secretive information.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I absolutely despise Celtic. Having lived in Scotland, I couldn’t stomach either of the Old Firm, however Celtic fans are out there in terms is paranoia and playing the victim.

An utterly disgusting football club who will cover up anything in an attempt to save grace. This whole behaviour post-Dubai is not surprising from the club and a minority of their fans. Lennon is clearly pushing for null and void as he has blown 10 in a row by being utterly useless.
Haha. Yeah, that tends to happen when the chief executive of the SFA has to resign after he is caught deliberately delaying the registration of a Celtic player so that he couldn't feature in a match against Rangers. Fans don't really forget stuff like that.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
This final paragraph pretty much details why I despite Celtic. It’s a clear victim-like attempt to sweep away why people will have a genuine dislike for that football club. Actually the whole post was ‘but what about Rangers’ and gives me more reason to despite Celtic. I don’t give a damn about Rangers.

It’s not point scoring, it’s simple dislike due to covering up child abuse. Just like I despise Jimmy Saville for what he done. That doesn’t mean I’m point scoring against the BBC, it means I don’t like him. You’re clearly, once again, playing the victim when my gripes are hardly secretive information.
Mate, it was one guy and it wasn't even at Celtic. It was a youth club called Celtic Boys Club that had ties to Celtic. If there was a cover up why was he sacked?

And yes, me lamenting the fact people use horrific suffering of children to point score should definitely make you hate Celtic more. That makes sense.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Haha. Yeah, that tends to happen when the chief executive of the SFA has to resign after he is caught deliberately delaying the registration of a Celtic player so that he couldn't feature in a match against Rangers. Fans don't really forget stuff like that.
It is paranoia and nothing more. Did you watch the game against Livingston? A small club who rested 7 players, were denied a clear penalty in the dying minutes and conceded a lm offside goal but still
managed to take a point.

Celtic fans were up in arms about refereeing conspiracies because Scott Brown was correctly sent off.

Celtic went to Dubai to the disgust of pretty much everyone and the only person to condone this was Neil Doncaster, the chief executive of the SPFL. You’re also forgetting that Celtic were handed the league last year without finishing their games. This is not made up information, this is fact.

Celtic and Rangers get more decisions than any other team in Scotland. The latter get more penalties. This is also fact.

dablem_10

Dr Jozef Venglos has died at the age of 84.
Sad for my country. He was for sure biggest football personality we ever had. He was way ahead of his time with his practices and english football was not prepared to it when he was in Villa. He was disaster there from what i read, but nobody will take him he was first foreign manager in league. Even Mourinho mentioned him as great teacher while they met in Sporting. RIP

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sad for my country. He was for sure biggest football personality we ever had. He was way ahead of his time with his practices and english football was not prepared to it when he was in Villa. He was disaster there from what i read, but nobody will take him he was first foreign manager in league. Even Mourinho mentioned him as great teacher while they met in Sporting. RIP
He was unfortunate he came to Glasgow at the same time as a bankrolled Dick Advocaat arrived and who quickly built arguably the most impressive Scottish side of the last 30 years or so. Moravcik was a cracking signing though.

dablem_10

He was unfortunate he came to Glasgow at the same time as a bankrolled Dick Advocaat arrived and who quickly built arguably the most impressive Scottish side of the last 30 years or so. Moravcik was a cracking signing though.
When i started watch football, Lubo was nearly in the end of his career. But always shocked me, he came to celtic at 35 and still became kind of icon there. And now we considered 26 years old as old and after peak :D

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
When i started watch football, Lubo was nearly in the end of his career. But always shocked me, he came to celtic at 35 and still became kind of icon there. And now we considered 26 years old as old and after peak :D
Vaguely remember him from Italia '90, but he seemed to fly under the radar for most of his career, despite being completely two-footed and dangerous from long range.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Celtic team to play Hamilton

Bain
Taylor
Duffy
Biton
Griffths
Soro
Turnbull
Eddy
Moi
Ajer
McGregor

Bench
Barky
Ajeti
Patryk
Christie
Rogic
Johnston
Ralston
Welshy
Laxalt

mon the champions!!!!!

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Really enjoyed that the night, played well, clean sheet, 2 strikers scoring what more could you ask for?

definitely prefer Greg Taylor to Laxalt, he was man of the match for me, everybody played well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers lucky tonight. Morelos should have been sent off for a ridiculous challenge. If that guy played in a league with VAR he would never survive. He’s a clown.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Peter Lawwell to retire from his role as Celtic’s chief executive at the end of the season, to be replaced by Dominic McKay,

My on Mr Lawwell -

He deserves to retire n get a bit of peace, for everything he’s done for us, as Gordon Strachan once said 4 year is probably the maximum you should spend at a club like Celtic, he’s been there 17 year, that tells u the love and respect for Celtic he has ( even though the fans don’t respect him, majority ) I really don’t think anyone else could’ve done a better job, hopefully this new guy will be just as good, but doubt it, hopefully am wrong though and will be more than happy to give him a chance, and I welcome him to the greatest club in the world and say have a wonderful retirement chief, you’ll be sadly missed.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Mr McKay, I would like to give a wee bit of insight of what the ‘Greatest fansin the world’. are like , just a small insight as I haven’t all day......

They’ll turn there back to us first opportunity they get, like did with Ronny, Neil and the current board

Keep singing bile even when you as a club have asked not to

Keep openly disobeying the Scottish government by repeatedly standing at matches, on the stairways n barging in when not there correct allocated seat

Protesting for absolute nothing, even though there a global pandemic putting our players n everybody else at risk, throwing barriers, shouting abuse at same players and managers who’ve won 35 domestic cup games in a row and every title for last 9 year

Chasing the team bus, then going to greet the same bus they where chasing n same players n management they were abusing the week before :D:houllier::lol:

Threatening to shoot folk that gave them everything for past 17 year

Threatening abandoning us (again) thats they great fans we have.

So to Mr Dominic McKay I would just like to warn you we’ve the most fickle fanbases but would like to tell you l will be behind you 100% no matter what happens, good luck cause you’re gonna need it, hail hail

before anyone gets on to me I haven’t said anything that hasn’t happened or doesn’t happen to this day, just told the truth.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Mr McKay, I would like to give a wee bit of insight of what the ‘Greatest fansin the world’. are like , just a small insight as I haven’t all day......

They’ll turn there back to us first opportunity they get, like did with Ronny, Neil and the current board

Keep openly disobeying the Scottish government by repeatedly standing at matches, on the stairways n barging in when not there correct allocated seat

Protesting for absolute nothing, even though there a global pandemic putting our players n everybody else at risk, throwing barriers, shouting abuse at same players and managers who’ve won 35 domestic cup games in a row and every title for last 9 year

Chasing the team bus, then going to greet the same bus they where chasing n same players n management they were abusing the week before :D:houllier::lol:

So to Mr Dominic McKay I would just like to warn you we’ve the most fickle fanbases but would like to tell you l will be behind you 100% no matter what happens, good luck cause you’re gonna need it, hail hail

before anyone gets on to me I haven’t said anything that hasn’t happened or doesn’t happen to this day, just told the truth.
Well played for your honesty in this post. Too often Old Firm fans are amongst the most blinkered of supporters, seeing 1 way & 1 way only, we've seen it on this thread. They probably are the biggest tit for tat support in the UK.

I'm a Rangers fan, I've no problem with someone confessing their love for Celtic, I've friends & colleagues that support Celtic, & in general we have good patter. I like conversing, debating etc with supporters of the same ilk. Just can't be bothered with the extreme views, on either side, that 1 club is holier than thou over the other, that 1 club has all the issues & problems, when any right minded fan knows there's problems both sides.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

"Neil" is a shambolic manager and an arrogant arsehole of a man. Don't act like he's been hard done by. He should've been sacked already and failing that should've had the decency to walk. You're damn right the fans are turning their back on him. Especially when he has the nerve to call us "hysterical" for being unhappy at being 23 points behind that lot in fecking January, out of the cup at home to Ross County, destroyed by Sparta Prague 4-1 twice, conceding set pieces every week and his answer to this is the players need to have more "oomph" and "minerals". He's an absolute clown.

As for the board, they can take a flying feck to themselves as well. A bunch of self-serving Tories that couldn't give a toss about the support. The Dubai debacle was absolutely disgraceful and that's on them. Us plebs are told we can't go and visit our loved ones but this bunch of pampered millionaires can jet off to Dubai after a defeat at Ibrox and get pictured the next day lounging at the pool with some beers? Get them all in the bin.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone follow the Simpsons SPFL Twitter account? Hilarious and so accurate on Scottish football.

Regarding Celtic, you couldn't write what has gone on there so far this season.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
A lot of back and forth and mudslinging between Rangers/Celtic fans. Both clubs have issues.

However, the sooner fans of both sides realize that you need each other, the happier everyone will be.

Interest in Scottish football tanked with Rangers punishment and it only served to hurt the league as a whole.

It’s great to see the rivalry back and it has given Scottish football a real boost. Celtic are a thoughtful coaching pick away from being back in the mix next season, regardless of any issues.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rangers lucky tonight. Morelos should have been sent off for a ridiculous challenge. If that guy played in a league with VAR he would never survive. He’s a clown.
True. Although McGregor stamped on Kamara so both teams should have been down to 10.
Anyone follow the Simpsons SPFL Twitter account? Hilarious and so accurate on Scottish football.

Regarding Celtic, you couldn't write what has gone on there so far this season.
Yes! It's superb and has such a good handle on all the hilarious aspects of the Scottish game.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Celtic team to play Hamilton

Bain
Taylor
Duffy
Biton
Griffths
Soro
Turnbull
Eddy
Moi
Ajer
McGregor

Bench
Barky
Ajeti
Patryk
Christie
Rogic
Johnston
Ralston
Welshy
Laxalt

mon the champions!!!!!
Same team today, mon the champions.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Weird to say champions even though they are, but when you’re 25+ points behind.. kinda funny

RedDevilRoshi

What a way to feck up “the 10” which they’ve been blabbering on about for the last number of years as if it was an absolute certainty to happen :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’m absolutely baffled how that guy is still in a job.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I think he'd be out by now if crowds were allowed in as they'd be very vocal and visual about it all.

I'm also baffled how Shane Duffy still gets a game. I think he might be the worst defender to have played in the top flight in Scotland. He simply can't cope up here. I imagine he's spent the last 5 years defending his own crowded penalty box for Brighton and Ireland and is now totally scoobied that he's got to defend more than 5 yards of space.

MC89

Supports
Celtic
That was rubbish again, think Duffy and elynoussi must have it in their contracts if fit they play canny see any other reason why, why take Leigh off, can always get a goal, take two centre backs off, Ajer beside welshy and put Tony RB, soro been bad for weeks trying too hard, the 2 full backs usually bomb forward didn’t happen, Rogic was bit better when he came on by why no start, Neil said he’s been brilliant in training, I’ve stuck by us, probably only one who has this time but think should go, but it’s his or Celtic’s decision, whatever they decide, walk/sack/stay al accept it and support it, because WE ARE CELTIC SUPPORTERS.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Actually had a grown man crying on the Super Scoreboard phone in last night. As much as its harsh, was great listening as a Rangers fan.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
We are the champions
If you want to refer to Celtic as champions whilst over 20 points behind Rangers then so be it. You’re the most cringeworthy Celtic fan I’ve ever seen posting on any site. You really do love hanging onto past glories hence your crazy love-in for Lawwell and Lennon.

I’d hazard a guess you’re the only Celtic fan on the planet who has such admiration for both Lennon and Lawwell. You were also defending the trip to Dubai for days until you were made to look extremely silly on that topic too.

You really should think before you post.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
That was rubbish again, think Duffy and elynoussi must have it in their contracts if fit they play canny see any other reason why, why take Leigh off, can always get a goal, take two centre backs off, Ajer beside welshy and put Tony RB, soro been bad for weeks trying too hard, the 2 full backs usually bomb forward didn’t happen, Rogic was bit better when he came on by why no start, Neil said he’s been brilliant in training, I’ve stuck by us, probably only one who has this time but think should go, but it’s his or Celtic’s decision, whatever they decide, walk/sack/stay al accept it and support it, because WE ARE CELTIC SUPPORTERS.
Freedom!

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
"Neil" is a shambolic manager and an arrogant arsehole of a man. Don't act like he's been hard done by. He should've been sacked already and failing that should've had the decency to walk. You're damn right the fans are turning their back on him. Especially when he has the nerve to call us "hysterical" for being unhappy at being 23 points behind that lot in fecking January, out of the cup at home to Ross County, destroyed by Sparta Prague 4-1 twice, conceding set pieces every week and his answer to this is the players need to have more "oomph" and "minerals". He's an absolute clown.

As for the board, they can take a flying feck to themselves as well. A bunch of self-serving Tories that couldn't give a toss about the support. The Dubai debacle was absolutely disgraceful and that's on them. Us plebs are told we can't go and visit our loved ones but this bunch of pampered millionaires can jet off to Dubai after a defeat at Ibrox and get pictured the next day lounging at the pool with some beers? Get them all in the bin.
If I had any affiliation for Celtic I would be as fuming as you clearly are. Seeing your team go from Theo heights Celtic have achieved to the incredible lows of this season has to leave a sour taste. Only MC89 remains happy clapping and supportive of all things Celtic right now.

My brother in law has stopped watching Celtic. He has been a season ticket holder for many years and not your average armchair fan. He also does a lot of charity events and to see him go shopping on a Saturday or Sunday instead of watching the game only epitomises how far the relationship between the club and their fans have fallen.

Lennon should have been gone after Ferencvaros. It was likely they wanted him to achieve the quadruple treble and even then it was the luckiest of wins in a shootout. That should have been the final straw against lower league opposition. It’s amazing that, until this day, he remains in charge.

Lawwell has finally stepped down, Lennon should have too. This gives Celtic 5 months to give a new manager a platform to assess who he wants to keep, get rid of the deadwood and plan accordingly. Instead Lennon remains in charge and astonishingly reported yesterday that he plans to rebuild in the summer.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic fans will disagree and they will have seen these players far more than I have, however I do watch a lot of football but here is who I’d get rid of.

Barkas and Bain. 5m wasted on a keeper who seems to land in the same spot when he dives. Doesn’t use his feet to move and is generally poor.

Taylor is okay back up. Never a regular started at Celtic. Expensive back up though at 3m.

Keep Ajer. He needs a sensible head behind him as his positioning can be awkward however he was a midfielder and this is often forgotten. An experienced keeper who communicates with his defence and an older more experienced head beside him (who isn’t called Shane Duffy) and he would flourish.

Sell El Hamed, Bitton.

If you can recoup money. Sell Jullien. Never fit and isn’t exactly impressive despite his size. Buy a starting right back, 2 x cb and a starting lb.

Midfielder. Sell McGregor ASAP whilst his stock is high. Rodgers may pay an excessive amount for him. No idea what has happened over the last 2 years but he has become passive and cowardly. He will always show for the ball however tends to pass back to a defender who has just given him the ball. I haven’t seen a player regress as much as him. Utterly dreadful for Scotland too and recently getting a lot of stick although was great away to Serbia.

Soro is a great player and needs an older head beside him. A leader like Scott Brown however he is well beyond his sell by date. Rumours of James McCarthy to Celtic and he would fit in well allowing Turnbull to play ahead of the midfield two.

Wingers! Celtic play with zero width at the moment. Forrest has been a huge miss.

Sell for decent money, Edouard, Ntcham, Bitton, Jullien, Barkas, Rogic, McGregor, Griffiths, Ajeti, Klimala and El Hamed.

You are talking in excess of 70m-80m there to invest in a new squad. However a new manager should have been implemented this month to start the rebuild. I genuinely reckon Celtic will struggle next year if Lennon is allowed to continue until the summer.

Sorry for the long post however as an outsider I don’t have any attachments or loyalty to these players and just a genuine observation.