Film Scream 2022

lsd

The Oracle
New Scream film out next week not Scream 5 not a reboot which is very mysterious.

Always had a soft spot for these films and whodunnits in general.

Last edited:

Frank White

What do you mean not Scream 5? This is the 5th installment isn't it? Anyways also have a affinity for the series recently watched them back with my younger brother on Halloween so will probably watch this too.

Will say Special officer doofy ruined the cop for me can't watch him without thinking about "doofy go poopy" from Scary Movie. Is uncanny how similar they are.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
What do you mean not Scream 5? This is the 5th installment isn't it? Anyways also have a affinity for the series recently watched them back with my younger brother on Halloween so will probably watch this too.

Will say Special officer doofy ruined the cop for me can't watch him without thinking about "doofy go poopy" from Scary Movie. Is uncanny how similar they are.
I watched Scary Movie 4 earlier and yeah, every time I heard his name my brain overwrote it with Doofy

Zen

It is Scream 5.... but like everything that "isn't" rebooting or being a direct sequel in number, it just goes back to .... initial title for no reason whatsoever, but seems to be a trend that I guess has numbers that prove it works.

A bit odd having a landline, like even a 16 year olds parents are probably too old to be having a landline with the technological locks they've got going on.

And yeah, Scary Movie and Doofy more or less murdered Arquette, doesn't help he was randomly embarrassing himself on wrestling around the same time too :lol:

lsd

The Oracle

I'm guessing they mean this time Sidney isn't really the target of the killer or killers but another girl is and there's a different reason for what's happening.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Scary movie 100% killed Scream :lol:

What’s your favourite scary movie!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
After two hours of meta references to the other movies Sidney will rock up to kill Old Man Cotton and Dewey, with a fecking LIGHTSABER and SPIDERMAN WRIST JUICE and all the other shite that gets thrown into movies so you spend more time whooping in the cinema and less wondering why the story is so shit.

But....the writer for this also did Zodiac so it might be good. But he also did the last Independence Day so it might also be shite. And the director did Ready or Not so it might be decent. But he also made a lot of shite.

So, what I'm saying is that I'll watch it anyway because scary mask is back woot woot.

Frank White

Scary movie 100% killed Scream :lol:

What’s your favourite scary movie!
See now i don't know if you're quoting the movie or genuinely asking :lol: In any case it's 1. 2 and 3 both are good for laughs too but gets ropey after that.

slyadams

In general not bad. Some things felt rushed and others very slow.

Much better than 3, on a par with 4, well behind 1 and 2.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Thought it was really good and the best since Scream 2. Jack Quaid was the best thing in it

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I seen the first 3 many years ago but was never a fan of them. My girlfriend dragged me to the cinema to watch this, and I surprisingly enjoyed it.

Pablo76

Watched this yesterday.

Huge fan of the original, really captured my imagination re horror and the new genre it almost single-handedly created with the huge twist.

Wasn’t disappointed with this, thought it was excellent, even if I did call the killer/twist early on.

choccy77

In general not bad. Some things felt rushed and others very slow.

Much better than 3, on a par with 4, well behind 1 and 2.
I actually thought Scream 4 was better
as it was more personal to Sidney

I actually guessed who Ghostface was very quickly and only once did I have a doubt, but aside from the easter eggs, I'm surprised this film has done better than Scream 4.

I'm glad though it means Scream 6 is coming.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Read enough in the reviews to know it was satirising toxic fan culture and that meant it was pretty easy to see where it was going. Though that was certainly as good a target as any.

slyadams

I actually thought Scream 4 was better
as it was more personal to Sidney

I actually guessed who Ghostface was very quickly and only once did I have a doubt, but aside from the easter eggs, I'm surprised this film has done better than Scream 4.

I'm glad though it means Scream 6 is coming.
In reference to your spoiler:

This is true, I actually watched this again the other night and something isn't sitting right with me anymore. Up until now everything led back to Sidney, this was a step away from that. Perhaps you have to do that, to imagine that after 4 movies you can still find people who want to kill her for personal reasons probably starts to get a bit much.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
New one is quite decent up until the reveal, which is the dumbest of the franchise... and then...

it turns out none of the people the killers killed in the last 10 minutes were actually dead. feck off with that shit. Kill people in your fecking slasher film FFS

Pussies.

lsd

The Oracle
New one is quite decent up until the reveal, which is the dumbest of the franchise... and then...

it turns out none of the people the killers killed in the last 10 minutes were actually dead. feck off with that shit. Kill people in your fecking slasher film FFS

Pussies.

Thought it was really good loved the reveal scene and Melissa Barrera is fantastic.

No idea what that spoiler was as it certainly wasn't the film I watched

Mockney

Thought it was really good loved the reveal scene and Melissa Barrera is fantastic.

No idea what that spoiler was as it certainly wasn't the film I watched
This is 6... Not the one from last year.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
This is 6... Not the one from last year.

Yeah 6 is the one I watched and that spoiler is not what I seen at all.

The opening scene was amazing and I never saw that coming.

I preferred the motive this time to 5

Oh my bad too I read your spoiler wrong thought you meant the opening

Mockney

I preferred the motive this time to 5

It was a much sillier version of the motive from…

Scream 2… only with the entire family, which is ridiculous. So they’ve just copied the endings from Screams 1 & 2 for the two new franchise films. Which even for a film that relies on being Meta is pretty fecking lazy.

Not to mention that in Scream 2 Mrs Loomis never interacts with Sydney until the very end (where she’s also said to have had plastic surgery) because she would obviously recognise her boyfriend’s mother… whereas here we’re not only expected to believe Melissa Barrera didn’t know what ANY of her boyfriend’s family looked like, even in the year after he was revealed to have been a famous serial killer, but that one of them was a fecking policeman, whom all these “amazing investigative reporters” couldn’t find out, and who was somehow not kept track of, and just managed to get back on the case of a new bunch of Ghostface killings? Eh!?

They’re usually dumb, but this was particularly extra extra dumb. Not to mention incredibly obvious - pretty much as soon as the sister and policeman started talking about a dead older brother it was very obvious it would be him/them (he even says something like “anyone who messes with my family dies!”)… but even then I was hoping it’d at least be a little more complex or investing than just… the guy from the last film..

And that’s before we even get to the fakeout deaths. One of which is literally the same person who was fake out killed in the last film, and the other who was left for dead WITH one of the killers, but then just runs up to everyone at the very end seeming perfectly fine with literally no explanation!!? Bah Humbug!

As I say though, it was pretty decent up to that point. But it falls off a cliff.

Last edited:

Ibi Dreams

I really liked the last one, but not sure where they can go from it now. They already did all the call backs and subverted everything!

Idxomer

They fired the lead actress because she's against genocide.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Obviously it's ridiculous if she's been dropped for supporting Palestine.

That said, I'm not surprised if the "Because western media only shows the other side. Why they do that, I'll let you deduce for yourself" part has drawn accusations that she's playing into the trope that the Jews control the media. People are understandably particularly sensitive to anti-semetism at the moment so if you're going to (correctly) criticise Israel's actions you really need to be careful in your choice of language.