Sean Dyche has banned snoods and hats from training

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Does anyone else think of Chamkha when they think of snoods or am I getting old?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Plenty of standing and walking during tactical stuff.
Along with a lot of running and drills. Guess what makes better TV?

Football training is football training. They all do very similar stuff. There’s no way Dyche somehow keeps his players uniquely active. If anything, as a new manager, his training will be more stop-start then most. At least it should be. He needs to teach them new ideas and change the way they play, not crack on as usual. Which will take some explaining.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Training how you play on match day = being a hard man. Ok.
If it was another manager I could buy that as the main reason.

But the lasting image of Dyche in my head is as the guy who was standing in snow with just a shirt on, and a massive grin. I reckon he's the sort to look down on people who feel the cold and think they're soft, and he's just using the matchday thing as an excuse.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sir Alex was the first manager that banned snoods. Is he a dinosaur too?

https://www.standard.co.uk/hp/front...-the-neck-from-sir-alex-ferguson-6545849.html
I mean... yeah? It would be odd if he wasn't. He time as manager here started 37 years ago, ended 10 years ago and the snood ban (and his "real men don't wear things like that" "they're for powder puffs" reasoning) was 13 years ago. There are literally people who were 5 years old at the time playing for the club now, it would hardly be a surprise that an approach and attitude from then seems dated to people all this time later.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Don’t really see the hard-on either way. As part of a train-how-you-play approach to improve the day-to-day professionalism it makes sense. It’s a little bit of grandstanding but sometimes that’s necessary to shift the culture.

There's tons of gaps in between the running and drills in a 4 / 5 hour training session.
Players won’t train for 4-5 hours. It’ll be 1-2 hours maximum.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

But the lasting image of Dyche in my head is as the guy who was standing in snow with just a shirt on, and a massive grin. I reckon he's the sort to look down on people who feel the cold and think they're soft, and he's just using the matchday thing as an excuse.
It’s a really fecking odd Northern English macho archetype. See also fat geordies in St James Park watching winter fixtures with no shirt on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I disagree, I think there are a lot of things you can take from Dyche as being someone who wants hard work, discipline and determination through his side but I don’t think that this is an example of being a hard man. I think you could argue this is an example of trying to be disciplined and I still more professionalism however. If there are quotes out there where Dyche says that people who wear snoods and hats are wimps or whatever then I’ll stand to be corrected and that’s fine, but all I’m seeing is a man who has a principle that the club he’s at/players he has should train as close to a match environment as possible. I don’t think it has anything to do with ‘being a hard man’.

SB16

Little do the media know about Dyche's mantra behind the scenes:

fergieisold

I’m pretty sure he’s joking anyway. Let’s not pretend that you can actually feel a difference between -1 and +1. That’s before even adding in the wind chill that you get in the UK.

There could be no other approach he’d take. I’m glad we’ve played them away already. Maybe he’ll manage to keep them up, but maybe it would be better if they went down and had a fresh start. Look at Burnley now.
yeh, I’m just a weather geek so any excuse to pull out some weather stats and I’m there!:lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Because in training theyre outside for 5 hours straight instead of 45 minutes straight.
A match is full pelt for 45 minutes.

In training you're often standing still listening to instructions or repeating drills over and over. You aren't generating the same heat you would in a match.
I get that, but they're wearing training gear already which is warmer. It's more the ergonomics for me rather than the warmth. You can't move the same or get the kind of feel you get in a match when wearing hats, snoods, scarfs or whatever it is that you can't wear on the pitch.

Just my opinion anyway and why I'd agree with the logic behind it (if that is indeed Dyche's reasoning).

TheReligion

Abusive
Apparently got all the players to complete an anonymous questionnaire with their thoughts on what’s going wrong at the club.

Just been chatting about him on Soccer AM

BerryBerryShrew

I can't imagine that Arteta is telling his squad to lose the superfluous outerwear because whatever they're doing is working. Everton are in the relegation zone. Dyche can do what he wants to take his players out of their (literal) comfort zone. Maybe he should tell them that they can start wearing snoods, tights, and mascara when they actually start winning a few games.

jeepers

If the dinosaurs had snoods and hats, they would have had a higher chance of surviving.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Should be fun for Everton players and fans.
Expect a lot of ranting, yet carefully selected words these days that don't offend anyone.

Lots of running, hard work, pashun and eventually staying up by 1 point.

Superden

hes actually very clued up on sports science and uses it very well.
players will always do what they are told as long as they are picked and winning.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
The logic is solid, he just wants the players to train in the same conditions as they play.

And this also helps him identify players that are already disconnected mentally, being a little bit unreasonable on things (like the point that trainings won't be a 90 minutes exercise of intensity and some players might get a little bit cold) are right, but if some players don't complain about the change and others do, it basically helps him thin the herd from players that may let him down, costing Everton 3 or 5 points that can be vital.

Things are not not just black and white.

Reminds me of Javier Clemente when he was saving teams from relegation in La Liga, he usually came in at full hairdresser mode, got rid of the divas and found a group of hard working players that ended saving the team, as a coach he usually was liked by half the team, and hated by the other half after his first 4 months, but that helped him do his job in the short term.

dinostar77

Apparently got all the players to complete an anonymous questionnaire with their thoughts on what’s going wrong at the club.

Just been chatting about him on Soccer AM
Would love for the results of that anonymous questionaire to be released

Bwuk

Sean Dyche is the best thing that could happen to Everton. He’ll keep them up.

Lecland07

He also doesn't seem to understand what the term myth busting means. He's not busting any myths telling people what to wear.
He was referring to the part he said before, actually: " Everyone makes the mythical story that it’s hard lines from Sean Dyche."

Banning snoods makes perfect sense.