Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm quite excited at the prospect of this lad playing for us. The sample size may have been small, but the potential looked big.

It's a win win situation if we can sign him.

ArjenIsM3

Now that Benitez won't be there to keep Longstaff at the club, do you guys reckon it will be easier for us to get him? Or is it more likely Newcastle hold off on any sales untill a new manager comes in and evaluates the squad?

Dyslexic Untied

Have we been linked with this one lately? Weeks since I have seen anything. I like the prospect though, and it is a position where we need both numbers and quality.

Sterling Archer

Now that Benitez won't be there to keep Longstaff at the club, do you guys reckon it will be easier for us to get him? Or is it more likely Newcastle hold off on any sales untill a new manager comes in and evaluates the squad?
Newcastle supposedly offered him a really good new deal. Did he not take it?

Got this feeling about Longstaff that he'll make for a really good United player. Hope it pans out.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wait till they're relegated in May

Baby-faced Assassin

Newcastle supposedly offered him a really good new deal. Did he not take it?

Got this feeling about Longstaff that he'll make for a really good United player. Hope it pans out.
Was Longstaff highly rated at reserve level because Jimmy Garner looks really special to me and if backed in the Europa and League Cup this coming season he could have a similar number of pro appearances and is three years younger.
I’m guessing you’ve seen quite a bit more of Longstaff than I have. Has he really shown special talent?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rafa gone and the Saudi’s not biting. Surely 25m could do the trick. Ashley likes money.

Sterling Archer

Was Longstaff highly rated at reserve level because Jimmy Garner looks really special to me and if backed in the Europa and League Cup this coming season he could have a similar number of pro appearances and is three years younger.
I’m guessing you’ve seen quite a bit more of Longstaff than I have. Has he really shown special talent?
Haha hell no. I'm talking gut feeling, mostly because I like his name. I'm a football nobody, can't be counted to be scouting players. I've watched about 3 mins of a 5 mins YouTube highlight :lol: I will be shocked if you haven't seen more

NJM78

This signing doesnt do anything for me. James is a good no fuss signing who could become good. We already have McTominay and then Garner coming through. Why not buy a proven midfielder.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This signing doesnt do anything for me. James is a good no fuss signing who could become good. We already have McTominay and then Garner coming through. Why not buy a proven midfielder.
Not mutually exclusive

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We've no interest in the lad, which is just as well because even if he doesn't rate him Jose Mourinho is not gonna sell him to United.
How do you know we aren't interested and how do you know Jose is going to Newcastle?

Red_toad

Did Benitez quit because his chairman is selling players without his approval and Lingstaff is one of them?
We shall have to see what he says when his contract expires at the end of the month. Or if Longstaff moves in the very near future. I'd imagine he wanted assurances over transfer funds and didn't get them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think 25m will do to get him. Ashley loves money after all. I won’t say no to this type of signing, 25m for midfielder is peanut nowadays. And I don’t think this type of signing will be blocking Garner’s development, why can’t both play together. Both can play as no 6 & no 8.

Patrick08

I hope our interest in him doesn't end any potential interest Ndombele and give a free run to Spurs like we did with fabinho case with Liverpool.

Dante

Average bang
Benitez is going because he's unhappy with the direction the club is taking. That means that Saudi takeover probably isn't happening.

If Newcastle are cash poor, it would make a sale that much more likely. With Ashley sticking around, I think this could still be possible.

Hughie77

If we're really interested in this boy, no better chance of getting him, now Benitez has gone? I think we're not looking at him but who knows.?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Neither is buying someone with potential who has played 9 league games. I guess one is a cheap option the other is not.
What I meant was it is not either or

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Newcastle is a club that's even a bigger cluster than us in the way that it's run at the present. Hopefully our odds have improved of getting the lad.

Baby-faced Assassin

Haha hell no. I'm talking gut feeling, mostly because I like his name. I'm a football nobody, can't be counted to be scouting players. I've watched about 3 mins of a 5 mins YouTube highlight :lol: I will be shocked if you haven't seen more
Haha, quality. It’s nice to look back on those gut feel players in a few years time. I was convinced that Forlan would end up a better signing than van Nistelrooy.
As for Longstaff he appears an assured and progressive player for his age, it’s just such a small sample I’ve seen. If we let Pereira go he’d be a good pick up whilst still leaving a midfield space for Gomes and Garner to fight for.

ArjenIsM3

From ES live updates page:

Sean Longstaff latest

James Robson reports that United are set to make an official bid for Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff imminently, with the Red Devils looking to take advantage of the fact that Rafa Benitez is leaving the Magpies.

Status
Not open for further replies.