Season 20-21: Good season, bad season?

032Devil

I believe we've had a decent season with some progress. Next season we need to progress further. Our disappointments is caused by the owners, the Glazers. They didn't support the manager. If they had we might have gone further; winning rather than losing not only this EL trophy but other trophies as well.

What's your opinion?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The seasons ended with us doing the literal bare minimum - qualifying for the UCL

So it's not been good, it's not been bad, it's just happened

dove

5/10 season where you achieve the very bare minimum target (TOP 4) and can't wait for the season to end.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Our season being good hinged on winning tonight

As we didn't, it's just a season, that existed.

lilcurt

Bad season. People who hang on to second need to realise we are nowhere near City and Liverpool/Chelsea will be far better next year.

We had poor showings when it mattered in the biggest cup games for another season running.

Manager isn't up to the task.

alsabi

We'd likely feel a lot better about the season if everything else had been the same but we'd got to the CL last 16 and been eliminated then. Losing a final leaves a sour taste.

spiriticon

Okay season. Should have been a good one. A zero trophy season is never a good season in my eyes.

feck this.

The Hilton

Better than last season, a step forward, but we need to take another step forward next season.

Edy2

5/10. This club has to be winning cups every year so any year we don't is a failure.

Football has maybe marginally improved from last season but not by much. Still pretty clueless tactically and far too many individual errors still.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Bad season. People who hang on to second need to realise we are nowhere near City and Liverpool/Chelsea will be far better next year.

We had poor showings when it mattered in the biggest cup games for another season running.

Manager isn't up to the task.
This, bad season, no trophies. Liverpool and City look much better, and the brand of football is still very poor.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
To be fair pretty decent results wise even without a trophy. I don’t like watching us though and don’t see us on the cusp of anything great. If anything, I see the most likely scenario that we are overtaken by Chelsea and Liverpool next year.

We do have some good young players though and there is always the possibility that things just click. I was genuinely surprised by our very good mid-season form.

The major worry for me is that I don’t think some of our supposedly best players like Rashford, Fernandes and Pogba are really up to scratch. Technically we are lacking such basics.

The only player we have currently who can compare to our glory days is Cavani.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Finishing trophyless. Bad season. What else can be said? It's not a sackable season as we finished top 4, but failing to win a trophy is devastating for the club IMO.

laughtersassassin

It's an average season at best. Winning Silverware is needed in football and we lose when it matter still

Idxomer

Mediocre, same as the last 7 if you take out the Moyes and Mourinho's meltdown seasons.

Godfather

Bad season. No trophy. No real progress in our football. Rashford regressing massively

Quinze

Very average season considering we got knocked out of CL group stages and couldn't win a trophy. Really the bare minimum with CL qualification.

AaronRedDevil

Shit season. So many times we’ve had things handed to united on a silver platter and they fumble every damn time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Better than last season but should've been better. Paid for a poor summer.
This. The masses will be quick to forget that we had 3-4 glaring holes in our starting XI and the only bit of strengthening we did was to sign a 33 injury prone striker on a free.

Zoo

Bad season. Like I said in another thread when you get to a final you need to get the job done especially when the opposition is Villarreal. Instead of what was hopefully going to be an optimistic, confident summer we now have more questions thrown up about Ole and the path we are on.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Bad but we’ve had worse.

2nd in the league exceeded my expectations. As did Ole winning a semi.

JustAGuest

Just about average I would say. If judging solely on league position it would be higher, but finishing second does not get you any trophy and I think both Chelsea and Liverpool look stronger than us at the moment. Our Europa League run was a positive, but it was a result of getting knocked out of the Champions League.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Meh season with a lot of what it's.
What if we signed a CB in the summer?
What if we beat Sheffield United at home? Not a dig, more what it could've done mentally for a team top of the table at the time.
What if our manager didn't say we're not in a title race when we were top after 20+ game? (That one is a dig).
What if we could've beaten a team that finished 7th in their league and won a trophy? What could that have done for belief under Ole?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Poor season after losing tonight. Too many games where we’ve struggled to beat mediocre teams, done well to come second but really it’s nothing.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Mourinho still had our best season, which is unfortunate. The only highlight I see in this season is that ole is building a good crop of players and I trust him with new signings. I expect this summer, we will add more quality players, however Ole will fall short because he isn’t a good tactical manager. If Ole had won the Europa league than it would have been arguably tied with Mourinho as our best season post sir Alex. But, it seem like what he has showcased, when it matters he bottles the job.

I saw this coming the way we got knocked out of the champions league. Ole doesn’t seem to understand how to get past the finish line

NoMidfielders

Poor season, haven’t seen much progress since we made a massive jump with the Bruno signing. We still can’t defend set pieces, we still haven‘t got a keeper and defensive partnership we can rely on and we still bottle it in pressure games more often than not.

Rustyspider13

Bad end to a good season. The EL final and the CL group stage exit are the lowest points of the season. Getting second after wasting the last window with no first XI players added where every single one of our rivals added at least one is a good league showing. The summer window will dictate whether we can keep the progress going.

MattofManchester

Below average for me. But across the whole season.

An improved placement, but the same issues.

Got off to a poor start in both seasons, had a fantastic midway, and faded dramatically at the end.
To top it off, failing to take the challenge of winning a cup on.

Still the same questions remain about the club from the beginning, with very little addressed.
Mentality, results, style of football.

I feel like we're balancing our positives with a list of negatives and they're evening each other out at this point.